FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcozenlaw

21 - 0 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter. I said it all week, had Nigro not fumbled at the 10 and made it a 24 - 21 game..................and had DelVal pulled off the miracle and beat North Central on the road, I would have LOVED their chances at Muhlenberg. Absolutely loved their chances!

I honestly do believe that DelVal had a better defense than Muhlenberg. They gave up 31 for the entire game (on the road) and Muhlenberg has already given up 21.

Ah, what could have been. Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda. Horseshoes and hand grenades (for those enough to remember that reference) ;)

Teamski

Quote from: JT2 on December 14, 2019, 12:34:31 PM
WR Kamenski for North Central is a beast. Mules gotta take him out of the game if they want a chance. He's getting free releases off the line.

Yeah, this went south FAST!  I feel bad for Muhlenberg as they never got off the ground.  21 points in the first with another TD threatening.  It isn't good for the home team.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

SpartanHouse

Why why why are they playing man and leaving Kamienski 1 on 1?

Teamski

......And make that 28-0.  Del Val would have been swallowed up pure and simple.   You can't expect teams to match a MU vanquisher without some serious challenges being thrown their way.

-Ski

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: JT2 on December 14, 2019, 12:34:31 PM
WR Kamenski for North Central is a beast. Mules gotta take him out of the game if they want a chance. He's getting free releases off the line.

Somehow DelVal "held" him to 7 for 82 yards......................and their beast running back to 95 yards over 28 carries.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: BigRedScots on December 14, 2019, 12:52:22 PM
Why why why are they playing man and leaving Kamienski 1 on 1?

They watched DelVal do it last week, on the road, and it worked out pretty well. I'm not sure that Muhlenberg has the same athletes in their defensive backfield as DelVal though.

Teamski

The wheels are well and truly off the wagon for Muhlenberg...... ::) 

-Ski

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Teamski on December 14, 2019, 12:52:33 PM
......And make that 28-0.  Del Val would have been swallowed up pure and simple.   You can't expect teams to match a MU vanquisher without some serious challenges being thrown their way.

-Ski

Swallowed up by Muhlenberg???? THAT is a good one Ski.

I'll look at how DelVal did at North Central last week vs. how Muhlenberg is doing, at home, this week.

DelVal's defense is better than Muhlenberg's. Ask Wesley and North Central. :)

jmcozenlaw

-Ski

Ski, when my undergrad school (Swarthmore) dropped football and I moved out to bucolic Doylestown (it really is gorgeous and located perfectly to Philly, NYC, the Poconos, Avalon, etc.), I adopted DelVal.

If Wesley closes it's doors (and I believe that happens within a year or two), you can adopt DelVal as well. Don't adopt Widener, Chester is no Doylestown. :)

Teamski

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 14, 2019, 01:18:24 PM

-Ski

I'll look at how DelVal did at North Central last week vs. how Muhlenberg is doing, at home, this week.

I mistyped.....  I was referring to Del Val vs NCC, not Muhlenberg.  I look at Del Val and Muhlenberg as being on par with each other talent wise.   Regardless, against NCC it is irrelevant.

-Ski

Teamski

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 14, 2019, 01:21:41 PM

-Ski

Ski, when my undergrad school (Swarthmore) dropped football and I moved out to bucolic Doylestown (it really is gorgeous and located perfectly to Philly, NYC, the Poconos, Avalon, etc.), I adopted DelVal.

If Wesley closes it's doors (and I believe that happens within a year or two), you can adopt DelVal as well. Don't adopt Widener, Chester is no Doylestown. :)

I think your prediction of Wesley's demise is extremely premature.   Regardless, I wouldn't adopt another team as Wesley is but two blocks away from my door and is my Alma mater.  Prior to attending, I was already a fan while still in the USAF and became a full time student after retiring.  I traveled with the team for 3 years as the team's videographer and after 10 years still film the home games.  So, no, there is no other team to "adopt."

-Ski

jmcozenlaw

Math is my game. Numbers are my life (manage risk capital for people with a lot of money..........and continue to short volatility thru leveraged ETP's and ETN's ).

Here are a few numbers:

Muhlenberg has given up 7 more points, AT HOME, at THE HALF than DelVal did to North Central, ON THE ROAD, FOR THE GAME.

Muhlenberg gave up 334 yards in the FIRST HALF. DelVal gave up, on the road, 365 yards, FOR THE GAME.

Greenfield has run for 132 yards in the FIRST HALF. DelVal held him to 95 on 28 carries, FOR THE GAME.

Kamienski has 11 catches for 132 yards AND 4 TD's in the FIRST HALF. DelVal gave him 7 catches for 82 yards and 1 TD, FOR THE GAME.

Math is beautiful. Math has irrefutable laws. Math is beautiful, she's sassy. I love you math. ;)

Teamski

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 14, 2019, 01:50:37 PM
Math is my game. Numbers are my life (manage risk capital for people with a lot of money..........and continue to short volatility thru leveraged ETP's and ETN's ).

Here are a few numbers:

Muhlenberg has given up 7 more points, AT HOME, at THE HALF than DelVal did to North Central, ON THE ROAD, FOR THE GAME.

Muhlenberg gave up 334 yards in the FIRST HALF. DelVal gave up, on the road, 365 yards, FOR THE GAME.

Greenfield has run for 132 yards in the FIRST HALF. DelVal held him to 95 on 28 carries, FOR THE GAME.

Kamienski has 11 catches for 132 yards AND 4 TD's in the FIRST HALF. DelVal gave him 7 catches for 82 yards and 1 TD, FOR THE GAME.

Math is beautiful. Math has irrefutable laws. Math is beautiful, she's sassy. I love you math. ;)

.....and yet Wesley beat Del Val to start the year.  So much for your math.

-Ski

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Teamski on December 14, 2019, 01:23:28 PM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 14, 2019, 01:18:24 PM

-Ski

I mistyped.....  I was referring to Del Val vs NCC, not Muhlenberg.  I look at Del Val and Muhlenberg as being on par with each other talent wise.   Regardless, against NCC it is irrelevant.

-Ski

Ski, if you meant DelVal would have been swallowed up by NCC, I think that you forget that they played just one week ago, at North Central.

DelVal was driving for a TD to make it 24 - 21 until Nigro fumbled at the NCC 10 yard line.

The stats........QB passing, rushing, defensive, were eerily similar. Swallowed up? Oh hell no. I stand by my DelVal has a better defense than Muhlenberg given my matron, math ;)

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Teamski on December 14, 2019, 01:31:45 PM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on December 14, 2019, 01:21:41 PM

-Ski

I think your prediction of Wesley's demise is extremely premature.   Regardless, I wouldn't adopt another team as Wesley is but two blocks away from my door and is my Alma mater.  Prior to attending, I was already a fan while still in the USAF and became a full time student after retiring.  I traveled with the team for 3 years as the team's videographer and after 10 years still film the home games.  So, no, there is no other team to "adopt."

-Ski

Given that you are so close physically to the school and there are really no other schools nearby, I understand not 'adopting' another school. Delaware State would be a great adoption candidate should you change your mind. I'm not 'predicting' Wesley's demise. Their situation is tough though and getting worse. A senior level executive with Bank of America is part of the team tasked with helping them look at various options.........none of them are great. I hope they stay open, but they might meet the same fate that some small schools have.........and more that will in the years to come.