BB: D-3 Players in minor leagues/MLB

Started by Spence, September 11, 2007, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NESCAC_Watcher

Quick update on Tim Kiely (Trinity College, CT): Including closing a Major League Spring Training Game against the Royals, Tim went 16 innings this spring without giving up an earned run...He has been moved out of the bullpen and back into the starting rotation and will be starting this Saturday for the Advanced A Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (LAA Angels) of the California League.

WLCALUM83

Chris Pecora was released by the Gateway Grizzlies-per 4/1/09 Frontier League transactions:

Andy Clark (Franklin) and Jonathan Miller (Concordia-TX) are with Florence City (the latter was traded from River City)

Windy City re-signed C Doug Coe (played for UW-Stevens Point) after reinstating him from the retired list last month

Brett Amyx (UT-Tyler) is with the Bossier-Shreveport Captains of the American Association

WLCALUM83

Chris DeNorfia is with the Sacramento RiverCats (AAA):

Timmy

Just found this board. I thought it was interesting. I will add another name to the list. Greg Reinhard, UW-Whitewter, Pitcher for Iowa Cubs AAA.

Timmy

Update: Billy Johnson was signed by the brewers, but didn't pass his physical as he found out he needed shoulder surgery (tough luck)

Vinny Rottino was asked to go the Brewers AA in Huntsville.

John McGraw

ECSUalum

BoBo

UW-Stevens Point's Baseball website has started the Countdown clock to Jordan Zimmermann's first major league start.

5 days 11 hrs. 29 mins  05 sec.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

ECSUalum

Quote from: BoBo on April 13, 2009, 10:04:08 AM
UW-Stevens Point's Baseball website has started the Countdown clock to Jordan Zimmermann's first major league start.

5 days 11 hrs. 29 mins  05 sec.

That is really cool!!!! really rooting for Jordan this year, WIAC has produced some fine pitchers ;D

We all wish him the best of luck , ( health and success )in MLB ;D

John McGraw

At this point, Zimmerman's final AAA start before his call-up will be in Allentown, Pa. against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs.

BigPoppa

This will make three former WIAC pitchers on current MLB rosters. Jarrod Washburn and Jack Taschner (UW-Oshkosh) and Zimmerman (UW-Stevens Point).

I think that will be more than half (3/5) of the D3 big leaguyers from one conference. Shane Coste is from Concordia- Moorehead and Chris Denofrio is from Wheaton (Mass). Am I missing any others?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

John McGraw

Alvernia IF Zach Lutz, high-A, St. Lucie Mets

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Zachary%20Lutz&pos=3B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=518963

Lutz has barely played since being drafted in 2007. He's missed most of the last two years with injuries. He was hitting around .300 after the first weekend of the season.

RSSmith

A walk is never as good as a hit!

WLCALUM83

Quote from: RSSmith on April 20, 2009, 06:43:35 AM
Nice feature on Zimmermann in this mornings Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/19/AR2009041902055.html

Zimmermann pitched 6 innings and was pulled for a pinch-hitter after the Nationals took the lead. If I recall the rules correctly, the worst he can get tonight is a no-decision, correct?

(Washington is still up 3-2 in the 7th as I post).