BB: D-3 Players in minor leagues/MLB

Started by Spence, September 11, 2007, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OshDude

Keystone's Sean Murphy was named the Single-A Advanced California League Pitcher of the Week for games ending June 10. Murphy also won Pitcher of the Week honors in the Single-A Midwest League in late April.

Murphy joins Marietta's Mark Williams as D-III players who have won league Pitcher of the Week awards this season. Williams was the Midwest League winner in mid May.

OshDude

D-III MiLB all-stars that have been announced so far. Eastern League, Triple-A and New York-Penn all-star rosters are forthcoming.

Single-A South Atlantic League: Oneonta P Dave Filak.
Single-A Midwest League: Marietta P Mark Williams.
Single-A Advanced Florida State League: Albright P Casey Lawrence.

OshDude

Former Mitchell catcher Anthony Santiago signed with the White Sox. Santiago transferred to the College of Central Florida and is listed as a pitcher on his rookie level team.

OshDude

The Rangers released Linfield pitcher K.C. Wiser.

108 Stitches

Great list Ricky! Thanks for all of the links I am sure it was a lot of work.

Bishopleftiesdad

OshDude

Quote from: 108 Stitches on June 21, 2012, 10:33:58 AM
Great list Ricky! Thanks for all of the links I am sure it was a lot of work.
It's not too bad. The list has been on here for a long time. It's just a matter of updating it. I do that fairly often. I move it when the page count moves, but it'll be updated where it is until we get to Page 36.

Same for the post now on Page 34 that lists the players from the recent past who have been released, retired or become free agents. I try to not let that post get buried either. I may keep the post with the video links (Page 34) near the front too.

Mr. Ypsi

I meant to post this when it happened, but forgot - and just noticed no one else has posted it either!

In case you missed it, when the Mariners tied a MLB record by having 6 pitchers combine for a no-hitter, Charlie Furbush (St. Joseph's, Mane) was one of them.

OshDude

The Diamondbacks released former Cal State East Bay (then D-III) outfielder Archie Gilbert.

The Orioles released former Christopher Newport pitcher Kenny Moreland.

OshDude

BSC's Bruce Maxwell has played three pro games. He's 8-for-11 out of the cleanup spot with six runs and a 1.709 OPS.

forheavendial4999

He...may not be in Arizona long.

Wow. Nice start to a career.

CrashDavisD3

This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

Ron Boerger

Quote from: forheavendial4999 on June 24, 2012, 06:03:04 PM

Is it surprising a second rounder got sent to a rookie league team to start?

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ron Boerger on June 25, 2012, 04:51:34 PM

My guess on that:

second rounder - someone saw potential they really liked.

rookie league - but being from d3, they doubted whether he could immediately handle higher competition. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on June 25, 2012, 05:32:08 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on June 25, 2012, 04:51:34 PM

My guess on that:

second rounder - someone saw potential they really liked.

rookie league - but being from d3, they doubted whether he could immediately handle higher competition.
That may count as a "cup-of-coffee". ;)