Pool C

Started by Info, February 26, 2005, 08:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz Bombers

National #4 UW-Whitewater squashed at home by UW-Oshkosh; that could shrink the bubble especially if La Crosse doesn't end up winning the WIAC.

Atlantic #5 Mount Saint Mary takes a stunning 15-point loss at home to St. Joseph's (Brooklyn) in the Skyline Semifinals.

New England #3 WNEU loses at home to UNE. Two-bid CCC that shrinks the bubble further or does WNEU fall all the way out?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 27, 2020, 09:53:34 PM
National #4 UW-Whitewater squashed at home by UW-Oshkosh; that could shrink the bubble especially if La Crosse doesn't end up winning the WIAC.

Atlantic #5 Mount Saint Mary takes a stunning 15-point loss at home to St. Joseph's (Brooklyn) in the Skyline Semifinals.

New England #3 WNEU loses at home to UNE. Two-bid CCC that shrinks the bubble further or does WNEU fall all the way out?

Could? UWW losing DOES shrink the bubble ... as dues UWL because they lost tonight as well. That is two bubbles gone.

WNE losing also pops the bubble.

WIAC has a third bid that was unexpected if everything went chalk ... CCC with an extra one as well. So at minimum two bubbles popped.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Just Bill

Any shot of a Pool C for the NACC final loser? Either Edgewood or Benedictine would be 24-3. But SOS not too strong.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

gordonmann

Benedictine's strength of schedule is much lower than the team with the lowest SOS to make the Tournament last year (St. Joe's of Maine at 0.511). I think they miss out unfortunately.

Ron Boerger

To whomever's bubble Trinity(TX) burst today, my sincere apologies.  What a time to go 4-31 on threes ...

CCD3Basketball

Quote from: Ron Boerger on March 01, 2020, 08:33:45 PM
To whomever's bubble Trinity(TX) burst today, my sincere apologies.  What a time to go 4-31 on threes ...

Y I K E S. Yeah, that'll do it.
Broadcaster. Writer. Analyst. Fan. Voter. Centennial Conference focus, with an eye on D3 as a whole. D3 Basketball runs my life for over a quarter of the year and I have no problems with that. My wife feels differently about that last part.

jekelish

Quote from: Ron Boerger on March 01, 2020, 08:33:45 PM

I mean... I'm not mad  ;)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

And with that, the 2019-20 seasons have come to a sudden end.

What a week it has been in college basketball. Exactly a week ago, as we hit the air, the first signs that COVID-19 was going to impact the NCAA Tournaments was seen. Since then, it has been a whirlwind.  

Tonight on Hoopsville, we try and make sense of one of the stranger finishes in history for NCAA events. What started with isolated closings of gyms for games ends a week later in all games being called off through the rest of the academic year.

We will chat with those who were preparing for games on Friday and hear their reactions to the seasons coming to a close so quickly.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Michelle Ferenze, No. 10 Whitman women's coach
- John Krikorian, Christopher Newport men's coach
- Cheri Harrer, No. 9 Baldwin Wallace women's coach

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET in the following ways:
- Main page: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville
- Show page: http://bit.ly/3b1XeU3 (or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019-20/mar12)
- Facebook Live Simulcast: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- YouTube Simulcast: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
- Team1 Sports: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville/
- Team1 Sports app (Android TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku) - you will either find it under the "live" section or search for the Hoopsville channel
Monday's show primarily covers the Atlantic, Central, South, and Northeast Regions. All men's coaches appear in the NABC Coach's Corner. And all guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline

All men's coaches appear in the NABC Coach's Corner. And all guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Please also consider helping us out. We are accepting donations to the show - which many of you have asked about. The goal is to raise $7,500. We are approximately at $4,600 at the time of this posting.

To donate, click our PayPal link here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BSRFLPUJQ9MKL&source=url

And thank you for your contributions.

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

We also have the podcast now on Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

WOW - buried in this is a request from the women's basketball committee to move up the AQ deadline to 4pm ET instead of the current 6pm ET timing: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/regional-rankings-protocol-set-division-iii

Championships Committee wants a little more time to review it.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The DIII basketball season is nearly a month old and teams are settling into the first full season in two years. As we settle in, there are plenty of topics to discuss. On Sunday's show, Dave McHugh chats with the DIII men's and women's basketball committee chairs - Mike Schauer of Wheaton (Ill.) and Megan Wilson of Luther. Also joining the show is UMass-Boston men's basketball coach Jason Harris to chat about the first Black Coaches Classic and the significant coaching changes in the Northeast.

Tune in On Demand as Dave also takes a look back at some of the significant games and results in the past few weeks ahead of the first in-season Top 25 polls.

Guests appear on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

Tune in to the show On Demand here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/nov28

You can also listen to the podcast wherever you listen to podcasts (and if we aren't on your favorite place, let us know).

PauldingLightUP

Hello Dave, I just finished watching the replay on YT on Thursday's Hoopsville. WBB pre-championship manual is saying the regional rankings will come on Wednesday.

It would appear we are going to get men's regional rankings and Tuesday's and women's on Wednesday's. Kind of nice to spread them out and give each their own day. Although like you said coming Tuesday's would be a bit more relevant.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/basketball/d3/women/2021_22D3WBB_PreChampionshipManual.pdf

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: PauldingLightUP on January 28, 2022, 02:28:57 PM
Hello Dave, I just finished watching the replay on YT on Thursday's Hoopsville. WBB pre-championship manual is saying the regional rankings will come on Wednesday.

It would appear we are going to get men's regional rankings and Tuesday's and women's on Wednesday's. Kind of nice to spread them out and give each their own day. Although like you said coming Tuesday's would be a bit more relevant.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/basketball/d3/women/2021_22D3WBB_PreChampionshipManual.pdf

There may be a typo in the manual. From what we have been told, both groups are getting their rankings out on Tuesday. It isn't unheard of that the manual just copy and paste from the past (or don't edit) general things and don't update.

That all said ... we will be talking to BOTH chairs again on Thursday's Marathon show, so worst case we will find out then. :)

That said ... I don't think spreading them out and giving them each their own day makes any sense or difference. It isn't like they need some special treatment or anything. :)

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 31, 2022, 12:26:46 PM
Quote from: PauldingLightUP on January 28, 2022, 02:28:57 PM

There may be a typo in the manual. From what we have been told, both groups are getting their rankings out on Tuesday. It isn't unheard of that the manual just copy and paste from the past (or don't edit) general things and don't update.

That all said ... we will be talking to BOTH chairs again on Thursday's Marathon show, so worst case we will find out then. :)

That said ... I don't think spreading them out and giving them each their own day makes any sense or difference. It isn't like they need some special treatment or anything. :)

Please ask them about the effect of this statement from the handbook:

At-Large Selection Countable Games. Only games listed on the institution's originally submitted schedule will
be considered for tournament-selection purposes. The addition of games not listed on the institution's published
schedule as an aid for selection shall not be considered.

It means to me that none of the replacement games during this season's covid rescheduling are to be considered. If not their intention, they should change the language.

Pat Coleman

That line is a response to spring sports trying to game the system at the end of the year and I'm sure you don't need to worry about it being enforced here. The committee understands the fluid nature of the pandemic and that teams are just trying to get games in.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Well then, what other rules aren't going to be enforced? Get them out of the handbook.