Author Topic: FB: American Southwest Conference  (Read 3512434 times)

Offline umhb2001

• All-Region
  • CRUising to Canton
    • View Profile
Re: FB: American Southwest Conference
« Reply #23385 on: November 25, 2021, 01:30:00 am »
I’d like to see BSC do well. However, they’re a running team. I think UMHB will be too big and fast upfront for them to get the running game going.

#1 is a tall, very fast threat at WR. If they put someone (#2 SS)  over the top of him, and keep a spy on the QB, they should be able to bottle up #3 with the rest of UMHBs defense.

I think offensively they will do about as well as Trinity did, but flip passing and rushing statistics. BSC is a running team so they will be tough in the trenches. Wouldn’t be surprised if they sprang a couple of nice runs if they get a block or two.

Defensively I think they will do pretty darn well too. I think they may break down late in the game, but it will depend how their secondary does against the pass. They have a strong box, but I think Trinity has a better secondary. UMHB doesn’t do anything crazy. The will just line up and beat you down.  I bet #7 makes a play to pull them away.

With both teams running, it will be a quick game. Close and low scoring first half. Couple fireworks in 3rd qtr. Cru holds on with clock running second half.

UMHB 24 BSC 13 in a much closer game than expected again.

Good insight, my prediction is assuming UMHB opens it up a bit more than they did last week. Also I'd be suprised if BSC scores 13 but ya never know. They'll have to throw some gadgets at the Cru defense or get out of their comfort zone to do so, if they run run run they might not see the endzone.

UMHB on offense is an enigma. Who knows what they will do? Coach Fred has said he wants the offense more aggressive and then we fall flat last week. Now he is saying it again as quoted in the newspaper.

I don’t understand why this is even a discussion. You don’t see Bama or Georgia saying, you know, “we need to be more dynamic on offense. We need to refocus.” Nor do you ever hear of Bama “being predictable” or “not showing much in film” for the next opponent.

The Cru spend more time in the playoffs trying not to lose than they do to win, it seems. This story has been told time and again. I wish they would just attack and make the opponent think about everything rather than holding something back.

Who knows what will happen. It could be another 17-6 type of game or the Cru could win 28-7. Who knows?
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Offline Etchglow

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23386 on: November 25, 2021, 07:52:32 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I'm going to predict a low scoring game based upon weather forecasts for Saturday. Hope we don't get the rain that is called for...

Offline Ron Boerger

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #23387 on: November 25, 2021, 10:19:31 am »
Highs in the low 50s and off and on rain most of the day?   Sounds like fun  :)

Offline umhb2001

• All-Region
  • CRUising to Canton
    • View Profile
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Offline True To The Cru

• Second-stringer
  • Website covering all things UMHB sports
    • View Profile
    • True To The Cru
« Reply #23389 on: Yesterday at 04:47:05 pm »
We cover everything from storylines to personnel to opponent information in our playoff preview of tomorrow's game. It should be a solid second-round matchup. One thing to consider...rain is expected in Belton around kickoff time, which could put more pressure on both team's rushing attacks. A low-scoring contest is a realistic possibility if that occurs.

https://truetothecru.com/2021/11/26/playoff-preview-no-19-birmingham-southern-at-no-2-umhb/