BB: NJAC: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by Knightstalker, December 30, 2005, 11:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Very extensive coverage from The Jersey Journal of the Rutgers-Newark/New Jersey City game.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

TCNJ has their livestats going on the NJAC Finals.

In the top of the 7th, MSU has closed on TCNJ and trails only 7-6.

Ralph Turner

In the top of the 8th, MSU has erupted for 3 runs and leads TCNJ 9-7, with runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.

phil

Yup, I've always liked the fact that the most competitive DIII baseball conference plays a double elimination tourney so two teams can meet five times in a season ... before they have to meet for what might be the 6th, 7th or 8th time in the NCAA regional tourney!

The real question is whether Rowan, Kean or Paterson get an NCAA bid in addition to TCNJ and Montclair.

phil

...and Haran's walk-off grand slam wins the NJAC for TCNJ in the bottom of the 9th – 11-9.

Ralph Turner

Here is the livestats from the NJAC Finals, MSU vs TCNJ...

QuoteThe College of NJ 9th - M. Cabalar to p for T. Stringer. Cosgrove singled to right field. Perinotti pinch ran for Cosgrove. Anzelone struck out. Iacono reached on an error by 2b; Perinotti advanced to second. Bruschini singled to left field; Iacono advanced to second; Perinotti advanced to third. Haran homered to left field, 4 RBI; Bruschini scored; Iacono scored, unearned; Perinotti scored. 4 runs, 3 hits, 1 error, 0 LOB.

A walk-off Grand Salami :)

phil

All-Americans Haran and Bullis have now combined for 27 HR's and 135 RBI's while hitting .425 and .404 respectively. The question will be how far can the pitching take them in the NCAA tourney.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: phil on May 07, 2006, 08:05:06 PM
Yup, I've always liked the fact that the most competitive DIII baseball conference plays a double elimination tourney so two teams can meet five times in a season ... before they have to meet for what might be the 6th, 7th or 8th time in the NCAA regional tourney!

Everyone plays a double elimination tournament in baseball, pretty much.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

phil

I know. I'd like to see a two division format like they tried for the basketball season a few years back so you might play one less game against a common opponent during the regular NJAC schedule.

JT

Quote from: phil on May 07, 2006, 08:21:26 PM
...and Haran's walk-off grand slam wins the NJAC for TCNJ in the bottom of the 9th – 11-9.

This kid is getting drafted when he graduates.  Which DI schools missed this guy? He hammers everything.

Olinemom

Quote from: JT on May 08, 2006, 12:23:00 PM
Quote from: phil on May 07, 2006, 08:21:26 PM

This kid is getting drafted when he graduates.  Which DI schools missed this guy? He hammers everything.
And he had a great summer playing for the New Market Rebels in the Valley League wooden baseball league hitting DI pitching without any problems.  He played in the All-Star game, had 10 2 HR games and 1 game where he hit 3 HRs.  I agree he'll be drafted on graduation or someone is not doing their job!!!  He was great with the local youngsters as well.
Brownies for Film Day--Now there's a Slogan I can live with!!!:)  Go EAGLES!

BigPoppa

How does the NJAC look for 2007?

Who looks to be the top teams in the conference and do they have a legitimite shot at winning a national title?

Who are the best players?
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

rams1102

The NJAC appears to be pretty tough this year. MSU, TCNJ, Kean, Rowan, WP and RU Camden and Nwk. To start I will say my Red Hawks and TCNJ but who knows. The game is played between the lines. Should be a fun year !!!  :)
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

phil

Dave
Are they selling season ticket packages, charging $20 for parking and $7.00 for hot dogs yet at Yogi-town stadium in beautiful Upper Montclair?

TCNJ, Montclair and Kean should be the NJAC front runners this season. I don't think any team in D3 has a hitting combination the likes of Haran (2006 D3 POY) and Bullis (2006 defensive POY). The Lions return almost their entire pitching staff, but also lost some key position players — as Bullis will move from 1B to the OF this season.

I understand it's been a bit "chilly" back in Joisey. I've been watching Rice baseball highlights on the local news every time they play down here. Imagine St. Johns or Seton Hall highlights on CBS or NBC every time they take to the diamond. Houston is one crappy pro sports town!

Knightstalker

Here is the NJAC coaches poll for the upcoming season.
2007 NJAC Baseball
Preseason Coaches Poll

1. The College of New Jersey (6)
2. Montclair State (2)
3. Kean (1)
4. William Paterson (1)
5. Rowan
6. Rutgers-Camden
7. Rutgers-Newark
8. Richard Stockton (dark horse)
9. Ramapo
10. New Jersey City

Even NJCU won't suck this season.  I think the NJAC will be tougher than usual this season.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).