BB: NACC: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by bodhi5, February 01, 2006, 10:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodhi5

For those of you who don't know, 2006 will be the final year of the Northern Illinois Iowa Conference (NIIC).  Dominican University left the conference after the 2005 season, leaving six schools remaining in the NIIC and eliminating the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. 

Will any school(s) receive a Pool B, or even Pool C, bid to the NCAA tournament in the 2006 season?

baseballfan25

I believe both Aurora and Rockford have a chance to make it to the NCAA tourney.  Aurora has traditionally been the powerhouse of the league, but Rockford has started to turn it around.  I think Benedictine and Concordia will be down a little bit this season.
Look for the regular season winner to receive a Pool B Bid.

Sweetness

Should Aurora University move to the cciw?

baseballfan25

I think the NIIC conference has really taken a step up the past couple of seasons.  Concordia has improved, Rockford has beaten some of the top CCIW teams and Benedictine will only get better with the unbelievable facility that has been built.

Who are some of the top recruits in the NIIC this season?

huskie19

Brady Salter-RHP- (Aurora Univ.) 6'5-215
7-2
3.84 era
IP-63.1
SO-49
B/Avg.-.288

huskie19

Aurora is already moving to a new conf. starting in the 2006-2007 school year..

Teams include: Averno College, Aurora University, Benedictine University, Clarke College, Concordia University-River Forest, Concordia University-Wisconsin, Dominican University, Edgewood College, Lakeland College, Maranatha Baptist Bible College, Marian College, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Rockford College, and Wisconsin Lutheran College.

It's a merger of the the Northern Illinois-Iowa Conference and the Lake Michigan Conference

Ralph Turner

Quote from: huskie19 on February 02, 2006, 05:42:27 PM

Teams include: Averno College, Aurora University, Benedictine University, Clarke College, Concordia University-River Forest, Concordia University-Wisconsin, Dominican University, Edgewood College, Lakeland College, Maranatha Baptist Bible College, Marian College, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Rockford College, and Wisconsin Lutheran College.

It's a merger of the the Northern Illinois-Iowa Conference and the Lake Michigan Conference

Huskie, are you certain that Clarke and MSOE are moving the new conference?

Here is the URL for the NIIC.

http://www.niiconline.com/men/baseball/index.htm

bodhi5

Clarke and MSOE are not heading into the new conference.  I do not know which conferences these schools plan to join.

BigPoppa

Quote from: huskie19 on February 02, 2006, 05:42:27 PM

That should make for a very competitive conference. Aurora, Lakeland, Concordia-River Forest, Edgewood, Lakeland, Ill. Benedictine, Rockford and Marian have ALL had quality team in the past few season. 8 of the 14 (or 12) will be quality programs that have reasonable chances to compete right away. It is a great move for all those schools involved.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

AUpitch1

Brady Salter

The new up and COMING STAR at AU. I wish Him the best as well as the rest of the SPARTANS. AU will have no problem getting an at large bid. with the help of Brady, Alex, Adam, and the rest of the developed pitching staff.

Quote from: huskie19 on February 02, 2006, 05:39:15 PM
7-2
3.84 era
IP-63.1
SO-49
B/Avg.-.288

CoachKs

What or who are the best players in the NIIC this season?

CoachKs

Those are good Numbers but nothing like a guy who graduated a few years ago! What was his name again? Man that guy was awesome?

Quote from: huskie19 on February 02, 2006, 05:39:15 PM
7-2
3.84 era
IP-63.1
SO-49
B/Avg.-.288

bodhi5

Josh Paddock - 2002

8-0; 0.89 era; 4 CG; 64 innings, 44 hits, 46 K, 22 BB

Currently in the Phillies organization.

RCSID

For those of you that remember Rockford's Steve Ketter, he signed with the Gary Southshore Railcats recently. It's no Phillies, but it's still pretty cool for him.

I'm kind of anxious to see the preseason Coaches' poll in a couple weeks here. Just a couple more weeks til the opening pitch of the season!

CoachKs

I was thinking of a more recent player than paddock, he was really good also, paddockhad the lowest era in the nation for most of that season.