BB: Regionals (South) Danville '08, Salisbury '09, Methodist '10, Rhodes '11

Started by A.G., May 10, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forheavendial4999

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 22, 2011, 01:13:39 AM
I agree that CNU probably moves to the CAC.

(I thought the discussion was moving towards the strength of the South Region.  SU really helps the ODAC.)

As for a new conference in the south with the leftovers of the SCAC, Louisiana College has 5 schools within 220 miles:  Mississippi College, Centenary, East Texas Baptist, LeTourneau and UT-Tyler.  UT-Dallas and UOzarks, the rest of the ASC-East are 311 and 431 miles away.

Louisiana College to Birmingham-Southern and Huntingdon are 421 and 434 miles away.  Centenary is right in the middle of the ASC-East.  Mississippi College is about 250 miles away from both of those Alabama schools.  Louisiana College, Centenary, ETBU and LeTourneau are roughly inside that driving radius

Where the dominoes fall in the South with this most recent move will be interesting.

I was figuring that the other teams would not, if they could help it, to have UT-Tyler or UTD in the league, being public schools with different academic missions that are also on the fringes of the league geographically. I was also figuring, perhaps mistakenly, that no Texas schools would want to leave the ASC.

focusandfire

DIII prediction- "Most likely to dissappoint- Salisbury"-  perhaps it should have been "Most likely to disappoint the Shenandoah fans- Salisbury"  Congratulations to the Salisbury team for a great tournament- they clearly deserved to win!  They were the better team!!

Will2Win

Quote from: D-BAT on May 22, 2011, 06:33:18 AM
Quote from: bossman on May 21, 2011, 07:06:43 PM
Ultimate choke job by the Hornets today...Starting pitching let em down...too many free passes put them in a hole from the get go in both games...Tough pill to swallow. Good job to Salisbury though...Made enough plays to win

I disagree 100%, some days, your pitching will not be on their A game.

The pitching staff will not be able to be on their A game every outing, just impossible, if so, then the Hornets would of be been undefeated.

SU didn't choke, Salisbury was the better team yesterday and did what they needed to do to win two games. 

Congrats SU on a great season and for those SR's who experienced 111 wins over those years, much kudos to you guys and best of luck in your real world journey.

Never said you were going to get your "A" game from your staff every time out...but when it comes down to crunch time and a staff that yields only about 2-2.5 free passes a game goes out and walks 11 batters over a two game span with a trip to Appleton on the line, I think one could say they just didnt perform up to their abilities. With that being said and under the circumstances, one could infer that the staff let them down a bit...

Either way it was a good two game set to watch and Salisbury was better yesterday. They got em on, got em over, and got em in a little better than the Hornets. Good Luck to the SeaGulls in Appleton

focusandfire

How does the closer for Salisbury not make the All Region Team- outrageous!

stats: Drew Baldwin.....  W/L  4-2    32 appearances  10 saves 43 innings pitched  14 walks  47 strike outs  opposing team batting average .210  MVP of the South Regional Tournament     All CAC

focusandfire

One more point about SU's closer- he ranks 5th in the NCAA for saves with 10. 

rolln2

Has any heard anything about where the 2012 regional sites may be played?