WIAC in-game updates board

Started by Pat Coleman, June 23, 2008, 02:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazzben

Quote from: BoBo on November 20, 2021, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: hazzben on November 20, 2021, 02:21:20 PM
So is the Greenville RB an AA, or a guy putting up monster stats against bad competition?

He has a little burst, but AA, no. This of course is the first I've seen Greenville play so I can't judge the competition they've played. But it can't be that good. Alex Peete is an AA, and Garrett is not in that league, IMO. Peete just scored his 3rd TD today as I type this.

That was my take coming into the game. He's 2nd in the nation in rushing and some other stats, but my assumption was we'd get a better read on things today. Granted, no RB is facing a UWW or Top 5 D every week, but you can see what an AA looks like.

BoBo

Quote from: hazzben on November 20, 2021, 02:44:50 PM
Quote from: BoBo on November 20, 2021, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: hazzben on November 20, 2021, 02:21:20 PM
So is the Greenville RB an AA, or a guy putting up monster stats against bad competition?

He has a little burst, but AA, no. This of course is the first I've seen Greenville play so I can't judge the competition they've played. But it can't be that good. Alex Peete is an AA, and Garrett is not in that league, IMO. Peete just scored his 3rd TD today as I type this.

That was my take coming into the game. He's 2nd in the nation in rushing and some other stats, but my assumption was we'd get a better read on things today. Granted, no RB is facing a UWW or Top 5 D every week, but you can see what an AA looks like.

He has 45 yards in 19 carries, 2.4 ypa with a long of 8 yards. Honestly, and I know this will catch the ire of retangent and a few of his Johnnie co-conspirators, but UWW 3rd team Freshman Tamir Thomas is a better running back in the limited playing time he's had this year. Meaning: there are too many RB's in the county that are better for this guy to be AA.

Edit: I made Thomas the Warhawk 3rd team RB, with Preston Strasburg in the game first, I guess he is actually 4th team RB. Either way, Thomas will make a name for himself in the next 3 years.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

Good to see Evan Lewandowski playing like the QB we remember he was at La Crosse. It's been a tough year for him but he's come out throwing darts & 2 TD's in this one.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

cubs

Quote from: MasterJedi on November 20, 2021, 02:42:24 PM
Surprised at 3-3 Trinity/UMHB in the 3rd.
Now 13-3 UMHB....

Trinity jumps offsides on 4th and 6 with 2:13 left in the game, and UMHB then converts the ensuing 4th and 1 into a 17-yard rushing TD to salt it away....
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

BoBo

Can these two anouncers just.shut.up?
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

02 Warhawk

Stream starting to freeze for anyone else?

BoBo

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 27, 2021, 01:24:08 PM
Stream starting to freeze for anyone else?

Yes, mine has been buffering since I turned it on. I've been watching on my i-phone with better success.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

02 Warhawk

Good season by UWL. NCC just too good.

No chance they lose before the Stagg Bowl

BoBo

I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

02 Warhawk

And this game is over too. Already noticed Kumerow come off the field holding his shoulder. Stay healthy.

Wheaton putting on a clinic on defense. Gonna be really tough next week.

MasterJedi

Excellent to see that kind of drive at the end of the half.

BoBo

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on November 27, 2021, 02:02:29 PM
And this game is over too. Already noticed Kumerow come off the field holding his shoulder. Stay healthy.

Wheaton putting on a clinic on defense. Gonna be really tough next week.

I think Kumerow came off holding his upper body near his left shoulder after the catch and run near the end of the half. I doubt it's anything serious. He spent much of the first half putting on a WR blocking clinic for his teammates. It was nice to see him get a mention on the receiving stats too.

If you stop watching Wheaton and concentrate on this game, you will see that the Warhawk defense is playing mightly well too. The dline is on fire resulting in the DU offense doing nothing. The only thing I'd like to see different is a ton of Depauw turnovers. 

Warhawk offense is also putting on a clinic on offense. Other than a couple excellent plays by DePauw DB, I think #7 breaking up passes in the EZ, Warhawks offense have executed to to tune of 10.5 yards per play - DePauw 1.9.

The question is when does Bullis officially call off the slaughter and empty the bench for good?
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

There's a nice TO from Luke Nelson. I think they heard me. lol
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

"Alex Peete looking like a professional football player today" comment courtesy of UWW TV announcer - LMAO

He has been a man amoung boys today. He's over 200 with 4 TD's
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

MasterJedi

20-13 NCC, 1Q left. Still a game left. Tough decision as to who I actually want to win. UWL winning would be great for the conference, I also hate them for when I was in college and the rivalry was in play in the mid-late 00s lol