CCIW volleyball

Started by WLCALUM83, September 17, 2009, 03:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

Noticed Carthage is ranked #4 in the latest AVCA poll:

Fireupdutch

Osh Dude... your blog is great!  Thanks for working on behalf of great volleyball being played by great student-athletes in Division III.

OshDude

Quote from: Fireupdutch on September 21, 2009, 02:28:41 PM
Osh Dude... your blog is great!  Thanks for working on behalf of great volleyball being played by great student-athletes in Division III.
Thanks for visiting. Wonder if there's anyone out there with a Great Lakes blog. Wish I had the energy to do another region. Some great VB over there. I mentioned it on my blog at the time, but I was impressed with Hope, Calvin and Heidelberg at last year's regional. Hope's Nora Slenk became one of my favorite players after about five points.

WLCALUM83

Midwest Conference Volleyball tournament pairings are as follows (per schedule off MWC site)

11/6   Grinnell vs. Beloit, Ripon vs. St. Norbert
11/7    Semi-Final winners

(Popped this on the CCIW board rather than set up another board for just one or 2 replies.)

WLCALUM83

CCIW tourney final:  North Central vs. Carthage

MWC final:  Beloit vs. St. Norbert

petemcb

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on November 07, 2009, 09:24:29 AM

Any word on whether the CCIW final is at NCC or Carthage?  I suppose with the amount of effort it took to type this, I could have looked it up.  Oh well.

petemcb

Never mind.  Carthage @ 2:00.  FYI.

WLCALUM83

Carthage's football announcer just passed word along that the Lady Reds swept North Central in 3 to take the CCIW championship!

petemcb

I saw the Lady Reds 2 or 3 times last year and they looked like they could compete beyond the D3 level.  I believe they returned most of their important players, and one of them, Drewann Pancratz, is only a sophomore this year.  They might have a nice run through the tournament.

WLCALUM83

The football announcer was saying he heard they may end up in Holland, MI or Oshkosh WI, with perhaps as high as a #2 seed.

WLCALUM83

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on November 07, 2009, 09:24:29 AM

MWC Champ:  St. Norbert, who knocked off Beloit in 3 per conference web-site!

AndOne

As CCIW Tourney champ Carthage (31-5) receives the conference's automatic bid to the national tourney. However, there appears a good chance North Central, who finished with a great 34-4 record, will also receive a bid.

OshDude

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on November 07, 2009, 04:58:16 PM
The football announcer was saying he heard they may end up in Holland, MI or Oshkosh WI, with perhaps as high as a #2 seed.
Could be in St. Louis as well. I think either or both of Whitewater/Carthage will be at Wash U because the MIAC powers have to be in Oshkosh. Need to somehow fill out the Wash U 2-4 seeds to go along with Nebraska Wesleyan. North Central could fill out St. Louis with three Pool A's (maybe Webster, Simpson and Lakeland?).

cubs

Quote from: OshDude on November 08, 2009, 02:59:47 AM
Quote from: WLCALUM83 on November 07, 2009, 04:58:16 PM
Could be in St. Louis as well. I think either or both of Whitewater/Carthage will be at Wash U because the MIAC powers have to be in Oshkosh. Need to somehow fill out the Wash U 2-4 seeds to go along with Nebraska Wesleyan. North Central could fill out St. Louis with three Pool A's (maybe Webster, Simpson and Lakeland?).
Looks like Carthage got a #4 seed, as they will open up aginst Simpson College, and then face the winner of Nebraska Wesleyan/UW Platteville in St. Louis.

Great work on your predictions however, as just about everything you said came true, with exception to Lakeland going to Michigan instead of Missouri.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion