Leading freshman class so far(points off the bench ect...)

Started by troutman, December 10, 2010, 07:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutman

Hey guys,I would love your input on some of the up and comming teams that has a stud freshman class that will be top 25 contenders next year to lead their teams to a possible championship.It seems the movers in the top 25 has young teams with anchor seniors.

VT-Alum-NOVA

Quote from: troutman on December 10, 2010, 07:10:45 AM
Hey guys,I would love your input on some of the up and comming teams that has a stud freshman class that will be top 25 contenders next year to lead their teams to a possible championship.It seems the movers in the top 25 has young teams with anchor seniors.

CNU has loaded sophomore and freshman players.  lone senior is out for season.  if they can continue streak into NCAA tourney, next year top 25 should be lock.

jaybird44

WashU has 10 freshmen on its squad this season.  Sammi Matoush is averaging 11.4 ppg, Molly Gannon 9.2, Naomi Jackson 7.7, Maya Arnott 5.1, Rachel Mahler 4.7, Karisa Grandison 2.7, and Raevyn Ferguson 2.3 ppg.  Those are the freshman that have scored points for the Bears so far this season.

43.1 ppg out of a total of 72.6 ppg.  59% of the team scoring coming from freshmen. Take away the 12 ppg total from the departed Isabelle Hren and Mary Bryggman, and the freshmen have accounted for 71% of the team's scoring.

A large and talented group...

ronk

Quote from: jaybird44 on January 23, 2020, 02:32:25 PM
WashU has 10 freshmen on its squad this season.  Sammi Matoush is averaging 11.4 ppg, Molly Gannon 9.2, Naomi Jackson 7.7, Maya Arnott 5.1, Rachel Mahler 4.7, Karisa Grandison 2.7, and Raevyn Ferguson 2.3 ppg.  Those are the freshman that have scored points for the Bears so far this season.

43.1 ppg out of a total of 72.6 ppg.  59% of the team scoring coming from freshmen. Take away the 12 ppg total from the departed Isabelle Hren and Mary Bryggman, and the freshmen have accounted for 71% of the team's scoring.

A large and talented group...

I saw Rachel in a # of AAU games 1 1/2 years ago; I'm surprised she's not making an even bigger contribution.