FB: New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, April 08, 2015, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Bear

Ice Bear was frustrated he didn't get to see any of the Catholic/MMA game today. Looks like it was a good one. Anyone see the game have any input on how it went down. Congrats to both schools and that MMA option seems like it's better than ever this season.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Pat Coleman

CUA couldn't tackle but could definitely find open receivers. My $.02 based on first and second quarter.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear says, "BIG ****ING GAME" taking place in Western, Massachusetts this Saturday."...BIG ****ING GAME!" The Joshua King led MMA Mariners and their triple option head to Springfield to face the Pride of the Triple Option, Springfield College in a battle of unbeaten NEWMAC teams.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear, being the huge triple option fan he is, congratulates the Pride of Springfield on a great battle back season and effort today out in Cortland. Ice Bear says the Pride gave the Red Dragons all they could handle your n a match up most thought would be a laugher. Springfield produces some great athletes and today battled in on both sides of the ball. Congrats!

Pat Coleman

This is coming -- Catholic leaving the NEWMAC for football for the Landmark, which would have enough for an automatic bid.
https://d3football.com/notables/2022/02/landmark-to-add-two-take-football-automatic-bid
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 09, 2022, 03:03:45 PM
This is coming -- Catholic leaving the NEWMAC for football for the Landmark, which would have enough for an automatic bid.
https://d3football.com/notables/2022/02/landmark-to-add-two-take-football-automatic-bid

Pat, does April 1 (or close to it) mark the date when you delete the football schedules from the 2021 season and we start to see either a few, complete schedules......or a game here and there as the schools upload (if that's how it works) to the site and/or to their website?

Thanks Pat!!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on March 29, 2022, 02:28:43 PM

Pat, does April 1 (or close to it) mark the date when you delete the football schedules from the 2021 season and we start to see either a few, complete schedules......or a game here and there as the schools upload (if that's how it works) to the site and/or to their website?

Thanks Pat!!

It's pretty close, yes. I have to create 56 conference pages (a schedule and standings for each conference) before I can create any of the 240 team pages. I also have to update the historical records on each page to include the 2021 season as a past year. I'm in the middle of that first process. Once that's done, there are currently about 60 complete schedules in the database waiting for be displayed.

As I create each 2022 team page, it will flip live and be the default landing for clicks through from our region pages. Slow and super manual process.

Etchglow

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 30, 2022, 03:34:42 PM

Thanks Pat!!

It's pretty close, yes. I have to create 56 conference pages (a schedule and standings for each conference) before I can create any of the 240 team pages. I also have to update the historical records on each page to include the 2021 season as a past year. I'm in the middle of that first process. Once that's done, there are currently about 60 complete schedules in the database waiting for be displayed.

As I create each 2022 team page, it will flip live and be the default landing for clicks through from our region pages. Slow and super manual process.

Dang, that might be a project for code generation!  I might have some experience there...

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 30, 2022, 03:34:42 PM

Thanks Pat!!

Wow!! Thanks for all of the heard work. Maybe the code guy in the post above can help (that's out of my league :) ) If you have any complete or partial schedules for the MAC, I wouldn't mind a sneak peak (setting up a few fall conferences soon) either here or as a message, if you can do it quickly as I don't want to waste your time. Thanks Pat!!

Pat Coleman

These pages are being created now, when I have some more down time. But MAC and Centennial schedules are often among the last to come out, so I'm not sure they'll be very enlightening yet.

Pat Coleman

We first posted this on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, but it is now official. Story here with analysis.
https://d3sports.com/notables/2022/07/salve-regina-newmac

MRMIKESMITH

Watching ITH, and MIT was one of teams to watch in the NEWMAC, but I was wondering if there was budget concerns regarding MIT only playing 9 games the past few years. Also, noticed that they have 3 straight away games then 6 straight home games, which is very unique.

MRMIKESMITH

Hi Pollster's, just wanted to extend an invitation to join the ERFP for this upcoming season. We will continue to do R1/R2. Feel free to DM or respond here if interested. I'll reach out to last year participants to gauge any interest as well.

HansenRatings

Playoff projections for the season using my model's preseason ratings:

You can look at other conferences on my website: https://hansenratings.github.io/.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

Pat Coleman

Salve Regina in its first NEWMAC football conference game, playing at MIT.