SimpleCoach D3 Soccer YouTube Channel

Started by SimpleCoach, December 05, 2021, 06:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleCoach

All -

Realize everyone is shutting it down for the year, but some of us carry on.  Unfortunately, modern medicine has yet to come up with a cure for me.

So, as many of you are aware, I started a YouTube channel that I hope to keep doing during the off season.  Really the sky is the limit.  You can find it here at Steve Collins D3 Soccer Channel .

Anyhow, just to keep some content going during the offseason, I will post as I make them.  Keep a good running topic of the activity and maybe spark some hot stove discussion. 

With that, I wish you and your many blessings for the holiday season.  And I hope we can connect before next season!

Saint of Old

SC, brilliant work and breakdown man.
You can tell that you love the beautiful game played the right way.

At this stage, unfortunately,  I think only winning matters, but playing good football and doing it the right way is more times than not going to see a program have sustained success.
I think this CC team will be good for years to come.
Again, keep up the good work, I will be checking out all your videos as I know many of us will.

Mr.Right

Quote from: SimpleCoach on December 05, 2021, 06:29:02 PM
All -

Realize everyone is shutting it down for the year, but some of us carry on.  Unfortunately, modern medicine has yet to come up with a cure for me.

So, as many of you are aware, I started a YouTube channel that I hope to keep doing during the off season.  Really the sky is the limit.  You can find it here at Steve Collins D3 Soccer Channel .

Anyhow, just to keep some content going during the offseason, I will post as I make them.  Keep a good running topic of the activity and maybe spark some hot stove discussion. 

With that, I wish you and your many blessings for the holiday season.  And I hope we can connect before next season!

"updates" of college commitments and coaching changes....A big need for this site maybe you would take a stab? Also could be totally not what you were looking to do so by no means feel a commitment but hey you thru urself out there so I figured why not ask.....

Hopkins92

Not quite sure about off-season stuff and commitments. Maybe we could pick the top 30 or so teams? It just gets really overwhelming if you try and do all 400+ IMO.

SC - With your platform, are you able to pull in other people? I'd definitely be up for joining in next year with some commentary. Would hope other folks would rotate in/out.

Ideas for next year:

1) A smallish group, say the same folks (roughly) that do the national poll can kind of put their chips on the table for a mid-week and weekend Match of the Week. Do a little preview and/or recap on the channel.

2) Speaking of that D3board fan poll, might be cool to get various folks on to talk/debate/dissect their top 20, those on the bubble.

3) I mentioned this in passing last month, but another route would be to have folks kind of assigned to various leagues, and once that part of the season kicks in, you could have those people hop in and give an update on the week, a preview of what's coming up. And you could have multiple people chime in from respective leagues. (Like, I'm sure more than one person would raise their hands for UAA, NESCAC and Centennial, and that's great to have coverage.)

4) Another running bit that might kick in early (preseason) and pick back up midseason is PotY Watch.

Hopkins92

Oh, and again with that idea of having "subject matter experts" you could do a breakdown of the Regional Rankings when those come out.

WLCALUM83

Quote from: Saint of Old on December 06, 2021, 10:33:44 AM
SC, brilliant work and breakdown man.
You can tell that you love the beautiful game played the right way.

At this stage, unfortunately,  I think only winning matters, but playing good football and doing it the right way is more times than not going to see a program have sustained success.
I think this CC team will be good for years to come.
Again, keep up the good work, I will be checking out all your videos as I know many of us will.

I also like the breakdown on the video. (I don't know without looking further, but there might be instances in which a team-- knowing it has a high likelihood of being overmatched on offense-- will spend as much as 75% of a regulation time match on defense, trusting in a strong goalie, hoping for a goal on a rare break chance or a scoreless draw. That strategy would also explain low passing percentages on an attacking end for one of the 2 squads in action if the teams aren't evenly matched.)

Numbers do tell a good chunk of the story, but they alone do not always reveal in-match strategies, is all I'm saying.

"When you come to the fork in the road, take it."

SimpleCoach

So all great ideas.  Here are a couple I am noodling ...

1.  A quick review of the Women's Championship.  Figured I might as well.
2.  My own All-Star team.
3.  I would love to have a chat with Coach Burke and will reach out after the holidays to do an interview-y type discussion.  I don't know him so hoping for the best.
4.  My All-Star Team against other teams.  So, I am going to choose 10 schools, and culminate it against Connecticut College and just do a tactical discussion of how I would play against them, with my All-Star lineup.
5.  Would love to do another interview with another coach.   Maybe Messiahs?

Hopkins92 - Yes, I can host others.  Basically, just need zoom or some type of platform.  If you want to do a trial run on a subject, happy to.

Ah, so this is the life of a content creator?

WLCALUM83

I've got one more idea.

How about features on "Underdog Squads" that do better than expected?
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it."

PaulNewman

SC, @Another Mom will be contacting you shortly to work out the details of my benefits package. 

Hopkins92

Quote from: SimpleCoach on December 07, 2021, 05:58:54 PM
So all great ideas.  Here are a couple I am noodling ...

1.  A quick review of the Women's Championship.  Figured I might as well.
2.  My own All-Star team.
3.  I would love to have a chat with Coach Burke and will reach out after the holidays to do an interview-y type discussion.  I don't know him so hoping for the best.
4.  My All-Star Team against other teams.  So, I am going to choose 10 schools, and culminate it against Connecticut College and just do a tactical discussion of how I would play against them, with my All-Star lineup.
5.  Would love to do another interview with another coach.   Maybe Messiahs?

Hopkins92 - Yes, I can host others.  Basically, just need zoom or some type of platform.  If you want to do a trial run on a subject, happy to.

Ah, so this is the life of a content creator?

Lovelovelove the idea of interviewing coaches!

SimpleCoach

All -

Going on at 3:00 PM to talk about all the polls.

[/url=https://youtu.be/2fYpr6tFQLc ]There are Rankings, Damned Rankings and More Rankings[/url]

SC

Ejay

Nice job SC.  I appreciate the effort you put into this.

SimpleCoach

I actually did another short video ... when you are a content creator like me, you just can't stop!

Anyhow, just did one on D3, NAIA and JUCO Coaching Opportunities

@PaulNewman ... thanks for the idea.

SimpleCoach