MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

It would certainly make sense.  As fanboy said, the tuition deal is nice.  Especially huge these days given the cost of college. 

I figure Nigro will end up somewhere like Walsh.  I have never seen Barrino play so I have no idea on him. 

Dr. Acula

JCU ends the season #12 in the final top 25.  No other OAC school received a vote.  I'm guessing between Etta and Mount it's been a minute since we've said that.

Onward on, John Carroll

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 14, 2024, 07:03:48 PMIt would certainly make sense.  As fanboy said, the tuition deal is nice.  Especially huge these days given the cost of college. 

I figure Nigro will end up somewhere like Walsh.  I have never seen Barrino play so I have no idea on him. 

I assume Nigro will end up on a D2 scholarship somewhere.  Of course, if his need is great, perhaps a top notch D3 program could snag him by making his aid very similar to a D2 school.

How doe the tuition program work at Mount.  Are there other schools to which you can apply the free tuition or is it "Mount only"?  I know at JCU, you can go to any other Jesuit school (although the more selective ones - Georgetown, BC, Holy Cross) only have to take a kid if they have a staff member of their own sending someone to that school (a "trade" for lack of a better term).  I also thought that faculty members had even more options as part of some sort of consortium. 

Onward on, John Carroll

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 18, 2024, 06:41:53 PMJCU ends the season #12 in the final top 25.  No other OAC school received a vote.  I'm guessing between Etta and Mount it's been a minute since we've said that.

Generous.  We sure did not look like a top 12 team the last two weeks.

ziggy

We will get some scheduling news for next season when the 2024 Great Lakes Invitational matchups and schedule is announced tonight at 8 PM ET: https://youtu.be/uMQvyLC98bw

John Carroll and Marietta will be joined in the eight-team field by Calvin (host) Emory, Hope, Johns Hopkins, Saint John's and UW-La Crosse.