FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HansenRatings

Basically, yes. But honestly, just using the definition of a "returning starter" instead of something more detailed provides the best results. I wrote about it in the preseason last year.
http://loganahansen21.wixsite.com/hansen-ratings/single-post/2016/08/31/The-Value-of-Experience
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

doolittledog

Buena Vista names new president.

http://www.bvu.edu/about/news/detail?id=48f90873-4e8c-4b00-8449-cc1658e905de

From the article...

Merchant has worked in education for the past 19 years and has extensive experience in strategic planning, fundraising, external engagement, marketing and enrollment management.

With a $127 million endowment and decent annual giving, maybe this new leadership can increase on-campus enrollment up from the approx. 800 they now have in Storm Lake. 
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

So I guess if you want to bring in the big bucks you go into...
Plastics - Chlapaty family
Publishing - Babka family
Windows - Wendt family
Refrigeration - Myers family
Insurance - Butler family
Computers - Baldwin-Dunlap family
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

5 Words or Less

Quote from: doolittledog on February 25, 2017, 10:58:30 AM
Windows - Wendt family

and ...

Appraisals - Doolittle family  ;)

5 Words or Less

Whatever became of UIU's lawsuit?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/regional/upper-iowa-sues-former-president-for-passing-school-secrets/article_6f6b4474-4f30-5430-a01c-761593cdb953.html

FAYETTE, Sep 8, 2004  -- Upper Iowa University has filed a lawsuit charging two former top administrators shared trade secrets with a competitor, the University of Dubuque.

The petition alleges former President Ralph McKay and former Senior Vice President Phillip Langerman conspired with the University of Dubuque and its president, Jeffrey Bullock. The information comes from court documents filed in Fayette County District Court on Aug. 27.

Upper Iowa maintains its competitors used the secrets to establish a competing international studies program at the University of Dubuque. Upper Iowa charges McKay and Langerman gave Upper Iowa's international handbook, descriptions of operations and organization, enrollment projections, financial information and confidential details regarding the growth of Upper Iowa's international and domestic studies programs.

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 25, 2017, 11:19:58 AM
Windows - Wendt family

and ...

Mmmmmm, not so much ...but who knows, maybe I'll find oil while shootin' at a coon!

Never heard anything after they filed the lawsuit. My guess is there was some sort of settlement. Otherwise it would have been in the news somewhere.

5 Words or Less

Fewer Beavers Inhabit Storm Lake

http://www.stormlakeradio.com/2016/09/22/bvu-enrollment-drops/

QuoteThere are 784 undergraduate students at the Storm Lake campus... down from 881 a year ago. Retention of first to second year students remains consistent at 73 percent, which is in line with national data for institutions similar to BVU. University president Fred Moore says the drop in enrollment mirrors what is happening among private colleges in Iowa. He says among BV's top 20 private competitors, 15 lost enrollment between 2014 and 2015. He says the entering freshman class has more out of state students, and is more ethnically diverse than in recent years.

5 Words or Less

Quote from: doolittledog on February 25, 2017, 12:00:59 PM
Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 25, 2017, 11:19:58 AM
Windows - Wendt family

and ...

Mmmmmm, not so much ...but who knows, maybe I'll find oil while shootin' at a coon!

Never heard anything after they filed the lawsuit. My guess is there was some sort of settlement. Otherwise it would have been in the news somewhere.

Does UD have international programs?

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on February 25, 2017, 12:13:43 PM
Does UD have international programs?

Well as far as I know they don't have any international centers, like Webster University, or international centers like Upper Iowa and BVU have off campus centers around Iowa.  If you're talking International programs like spending a semester abroad or spending J-term abroad, they do offer those.  UD also has a strong presence with recruiting DODDS students.  Military kids growing up in Europe or Japan.

As far as football...I believe it is 26 more Saturdays until IIAC football!   

doolittledog

The IIAC is keeping their All-Sports Trophy updated this year. 

Current men's standings...with Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Outdoor T & F remaining.

Loras ......36.7
Wartburg 33.8
Central ...32.9
Dubuque 28.2
Neb Wes 27.1
Simpson 22.5
Coe Coll 20.9
Luther ..19.3
BVU .....17.1

Current women's standings with just Softball and Outdoor T & F remaining

Luther ....48.4
Wartburg 47.4
Central ...34.0
Neb Wes .33.7
Coe ........33.1
Loras ......33.1
Dubuque .20.8
Simpson .18.3
BVU .......16.7

HansenRatings

Have the Wartburg women ever NOT won the trophy? It would have had to happen the last few years, because while I was there and before they had never lost it.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

doolittledog

Before this year the Wartburg women had never NOT won the conference indoor track title. The times they are a changin'  ;D

5 Words or Less

Luther's 2017 Football Schedule

Sep 02   @UW-La Crosse
Sep 09   St. Olaf
Sep 23   University of Dubuque
Sep 30   @Buena Vista University
Oct 07   Nebraska Wesleyan University
Oct 14   @Simpson College
Oct 21   Wartburg College
Oct 28   @Coe College
Nov 04   Central College
Nov 11   @Loras College

doolittledog

With strong student percentages from Minnesota and Wisconsin that is a nice non-con schedule for Luther.
25 weeks until opening kickoff!