FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleedpurple

Terron Murphy< 140 pounds? Yikes! I think he should have re-ran his 40. He looks WAY faster than 4.73 on video. He consistently outran angles.

gizzmo13

It seems like Mount just keeps getting more and more talent at QB. I wonder how open the competition is  heading into fall?

Dr. Acula

Quote from: bleedpurple on May 19, 2017, 07:31:32 AM
Terron Murphy< 140 pounds? Yikes! I think he should have re-ran his 40. He looks WAY faster than 4.73 on video. He consistently outran angles.

I just watched the video and I agree.  He certainly looks much faster than that time.  I saw he was on the 4x100 relay team that won the WPIAL too.  That's not generally a spot you find 4.73 guys either.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: gizzmo13 on May 19, 2017, 08:50:48 AM
It seems like Mount just keeps getting more and more talent at QB. I wonder how open the competition is  heading into fall?

That's a good question.  Not sure how spring ball went for any of the QB's.  You'd have to think Davis has the job unless someone just clearly outplays him.  I also wonder how many of the other QB's will be on campus this summer.  He has the advantage of being local too so he'll undoubtedly be on campus working out, working with his own QB coach (Ballard), etc.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Mount has a history of recruiting QBs and then moving them to other positions (DB/WR).

With Davis and Poorman (also Fulford and Reid) I wonder how difficult it was to recruit QBs this offseason.  Position seems solid for the next 3 years.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Who is the Offensive Coordinator now?  LK?
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Dr. Acula

Good question.  I believe that Kyle Miller was hired as the O line coach, but we'd have to think that he's being groomed to be the next OC, right?  Whether that means LK is officially the OC or they don't have an official OC for 2017 or whatever the titles shake out to be I'd think the plan is for Miller to work closely with LK to prepare to become the next "guy" on the offensive side. 

HScoach

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on May 23, 2017, 08:18:02 AM
Mount has a history of recruiting QBs and then moving them to other positions (DB/WR).

Us old guys even remember a stud MLB that came in as a QB. 

Very typical at your average small high school for the best athlete on the team to be either the TB or QB depending on the style of offense run.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

MUC57

Kira & Jaxon's Dad, Dr. Acula et al

Dr Acula?? But I'm Romanian. Well if you are, OK! I probably should have that name. Maybe we could share some mamaliga. Oh, but I digress.

Since I have had as many as 11 football players on my block in Alliance, including Charlie Dear, I get current info on various items of interest. Chris Kappas, former DC, will be the new OC. Vince will be the DC. I'm pretty sure LK will not be far behind anyone.

Will be seeing some new looks on offense and defense this fall. Can't wait.

GO RAIDERS!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: MUC57 on May 24, 2017, 02:33:26 PM

Dr Acula?? But I'm Romanian. Well if you are, OK! I probably should have that name. Maybe we could share some mamaliga. Oh, but I digress.

Since I have had as many as 11 football players on my block in Alliance, including Charlie Dear, I get current info on various items of interest. Chris Kappas, former DC, will be the new OC. Vince will be the DC. I'm pretty sure LK will not be far behind anyone.

GO RAIDERS!

Wow, very interesting development.  Thank you for the information.

Sherburne

Trying to read between the lines, possibly STUNNING. Been away. Refresh my memory, who was and where did OC go?

Sherb

GO RAIDERS!

Dr. Acula

I'm never of fan of the HC being a coordinator too.  That's just a general statement not a knock on VK and his defensive abilities.   

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: Sherburne on May 25, 2017, 09:07:01 AM
Trying to read between the lines, possibly STUNNING. Been away. Refresh my memory, who was and where did OC go?

Sherb

GO RAIDERS!

The former OC, Geoff Dart,  is now the OL Coach at Western Kentucky.

pradierguy

I thought Kappas was the next guy to become a D1 DC. Maybe wants OC to round out his resume and look for HC gigs. 

Dr. Acula

Quote from: pradierguy on May 31, 2017, 08:48:51 AM
I thought Kappas was the next guy to become a D1 DC. Maybe wants OC to round out his resume and look for HC gigs.

That'd be my thought as well.  However, I'd think the only HC gig he could get straight from Mount would be another D3 job and let's be serious he's already qualified for that now.  Maybe it opens up the door to be a D1 position coach on either side of the ball which would be smart too.