MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

We'll all get to see what BW is made of this weekend because they head to Wisconsin to take on last year's conference champs and this year's favorite, River Falls. Big weekend for both teams right off the bat.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Fifth and Putnam

Quote from: bluestreak66 on November 13, 2017, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: Fifth and Putnam on November 13, 2017, 01:23:23 PM
What are we all thinking this year?

Per usual, the OAC is deep again this year and the top 5-7 will probably lay some lumps on each other.

I think BW is going to be a title threat this year but I am surprised JCU wasn't voted 2nd. Until someone unseats the Marietta-JCU party, my assumption is those two are the pair to beat in the OAC.

Also curious who gave the 1st place vote to Capital. That's the 2nd year in a row that has happened.

I'm thinking Marietta. As for John Carroll, I'm not sure how losing Moran is going to affect them this year. I still have to think the conference will be as balanced as always.

Putnam, on a side note, are you going to go see the Pios play the Tommies Saturday? That's got to be one of the major non-conference games in all DIII this year!

I actually put that game together.  ;D

Yes, I'll be making the trip down this weekend. Going to be a great weekend of basketball.

bluestreak66

Quote from: Fifth and Putnam on November 13, 2017, 08:36:15 PM
Quote from: bluestreak66 on November 13, 2017, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: Fifth and Putnam on November 13, 2017, 01:23:23 PM
What are we all thinking this year?

Per usual, the OAC is deep again this year and the top 5-7 will probably lay some lumps on each other.

I think BW is going to be a title threat this year but I am surprised JCU wasn't voted 2nd. Until someone unseats the Marietta-JCU party, my assumption is those two are the pair to beat in the OAC.

Also curious who gave the 1st place vote to Capital. That's the 2nd year in a row that has happened.

I'm thinking Marietta. As for John Carroll, I'm not sure how losing Moran is going to affect them this year. I still have to think the conference will be as balanced as always.

Putnam, on a side note, are you going to go see the Pios play the Tommies Saturday? That's got to be one of the major non-conference games in all DIII this year!

I actually put that game together.  ;D

Yes, I'll be making the trip down this weekend. Going to be a great weekend of basketball.

You are a legend lol!  :D
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The fourth, and final, preseason podcast has been released. Dave chats with four coaches who have their own unique roads to their new jobs.
- Greg Polkowski, UW-Superior men's coach
- Pete Moran, John Carroll men's coach
- Casey Kushiyama, Puget Sound women's coach
- Kent Dernbach, UW-Lacrosse men's coach

You can find the podcast along with the previous four here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2017-18/preseason-podcasts

A reminder that Hoopsville returns for it's season debut on Thursday, November 16 at 7:00 PM ET!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Division III basketball season has begun and tonight Hoopsville will hit the air for its 15th season!

In tonight's season premiere, Dave McHugh chats with the two preseason No. 1 teams, both national committee chairs, and gets an update on a new tournament featuring several Top 25 teams. Dave will also try and get everyone up to speed on the new season and take a look at what has already happened in early season games.

One thing fans may notice is no video for this season's debut. This is not a change in the production of the show, just a temporary decision. There has been a lot going on leading up to the premiere and not everything got up to speed in time. We hope to have actual video broadcasts return in short order. We appreciate everyone's patience.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE staring at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2017-18/nov16 --- or via the Facebook Live simulcast. If you missed any part of the show, you can watch it On Demand or listen to the podcast.

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Bobbi Morgan, Haverford women's coach and DIII National Basketball Committee Chair
- Tim Pitzpatrick, U.S. Coast Guard Academy Athletics Director and DIII National Basketball Committee Chair
- Eric Bridgeland, No. 1 Whitman men's coach
- Carla Berube, No. 1 Tufts women's coach
- Ryan Whitnabe, Great Lakes podcaster and Great Lakes Invitational creator

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

I don't get over here very often, so it may be old news, but what happened to Marietta's Keith Richardson, seems like a huge loss.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 16, 2017, 11:37:14 PM
I don't get over here very often, so it may be old news, but what happened to Marietta's Keith Richardson, seems like a huge loss.

I'm in Marietta this weekend, so I'll double check, but I think he may have graduated.  He missed a season due to injury at some point, so he had another year of eligibility, but he might be done with school.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on November 16, 2017, 11:39:16 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 16, 2017, 11:37:14 PM

I'm in Marietta this weekend, so I'll double check, but I think he may have graduated.  He missed a season due to injury at some point, so he had another year of eligibility, but he might be done with school.

Official statement from Coach Vanderwal this afternoon: "We expect to see Keith Richardson back in a Marietta uniform in the future."

EttaFan1

Marietta had a bit of a hangover from their big weekend and got off to a sluggish start against frostburg. Effort in the first half was a little lacking and they struggled in the opening stanza.

They came out of the locker room and turned up the heat on the second frame. Eventually pulling away.

Frostburg did a good job of slowing down Anthony Wallace. But this Marietta team is deep. Newcomers DeVaughn Winguard and Avery Williams had strong games. And Dillion young who had two quiet games to start the season, put up 20 points tonite.

Beyond the Arc

The Polar Bears have started well.  They have had 3 solid games, 4 if you include their exhibition with Toledo.  Nate Burger has played about as good as you can.  Congrats to him for being named OAC player of the week.  Along with Ryan Bruns, they are a terrific inside/outside combo.  Joey Diorio has also played well.  If they can get a couple of more players to step up, and develop a bench, they could be a good team.

They open at home tonight against Alma who is always a solid team

Go Bears!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Not sure I can handle two sets of Polar Bears this year - the top post on the NESCAC board is all about Bowdoin.

sac

Quote from: Beyond the Arc on November 29, 2017, 12:20:29 PM
The Polar Bears have started well.  They have had 3 solid games, 4 if you include their exhibition with Toledo.  Nate Burger has played about as good as you can.  Congrats to him for being named OAC player of the week.  Along with Ryan Bruns, they are a terrific inside/outside combo.  Joey Diorio has also played well.  If they can get a couple of more players to step up, and develop a bench, they could be a good team.

They open at home tonight against Alma who is always a solid team

Go Bears!

This comment is a pretty good candidate for Pat Coleman to mull over how things have changed in 20 years.

Pat Coleman

::chuckling:: Just glad to see an OAC board that doesn't require heavy moderation attention.

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 29, 2017, 05:38:56 PM
::chuckling:: Just glad to see an OAC board that doesn't require heavy moderation attention.

Sadly, the one individual who seems to have his head in the sand... does frequent here as well. LOL

sac