WIAC in-game updates board

Started by Pat Coleman, June 23, 2008, 02:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma17

Wish we could have seen the Hudson TD. He picked up an unsportsmanlike penalty with it. Wish he'd ease off on his smack talking.

UWO and UWL are at 21 each. I'm blown away UWL could score that many points on UWO given what I saw last Friday.

BoBo

I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

emma17

BoBo

Quote from: emma17 on October 21, 2017, 04:22:05 PM
Wish we could have seen the Hudson TD. He picked up an unsportsmanlike penalty with it. Wish he'd ease off on his smack talking.

UWO and UWL are at 21 each. I'm blown away UWL could score that many points on UWO given what I saw last Friday.

How true!!
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

Quote from: emma17 on October 21, 2017, 04:27:14 PM
Alex Peete can be electric.

So, the question is...why doesn't Smith play him? You can't tell me Patterson is better, because he isn't.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BoBo

Very quietly, Cole Wilber has completed 16 of 20 passes in this game...that's like 3 games worth of completions for him. It's a shame he doesn't have any mobility or vision.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

emma17

These games are tough. Any win is important they say.

BoBo

Quote from: emma17 on October 21, 2017, 04:37:29 PM

22 to 6 in first downs
449 to 170 in total yards.

It shouldn't have been a 1 score game as late as it was. In a vintage year, this would've been a 57-0 game. Times have changed. I've only seen a couple games this year now, but, though we've always have had a lot of unnecessary penalties, seems like we've really lost our discipline and attention to details, i.e. fundamentals. A lot of that is on the coaching staff. Even in a win, not that impressed.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

BDB

emma17

Quote from: BoBo on October 21, 2017, 04:41:59 PM
Quote from: emma17 on October 21, 2017, 04:37:29 PM

22 to 6 in first downs
449 to 170 in total yards.

It shouldn't have been a 1 score game as late as it was. In a vintage year, this would've been a 57-0 game. Times have changed.

Agreed

BDB

BoBo

I was about to say I thought Oshkosh was simply toying with La Crosse. It appears they are beginning to flex their muscles now...21 straight after La Crosse took a 28-21 lead early in the 3rd. If anything, La Crosse is exposing that Oshkosh has some holes in their game.
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
WHAT HAPPENS."

cubs

Quote from: BoBo on October 21, 2017, 05:16:37 PM
If anything, La Crosse is exposing that Oshkosh has some holes in their game.
If I remember correctly, La Crosse put up more points than any other team UWO played in WIAC play last year....  Maybe La Crosse's offensive "scheme" is just a poor match-up for the UWO defense similar to how River Falls seemed to be a tough opponent for the National Champion Warhawks in 2014 and again in 2016 despite the Falcons finishing with a losing record in both of those seasons.  No?

Go ahead and flame/smite away though....  ::)
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

emma17

Great WIAC football weekend. UWRF and UWL showing how hard it is to win week to week in the conference. Both UWO and UWP were behind in the fourth quarter. UWO just went ahead 31-28, while UWP is on the ropes.

Excellent game by UWW, best they've looked in a long time.
Wonder why they didn't play the backups?

emma17

UWO hangs on as UWRF drove to the 35.
UWP needing an onside kick after scoring, down one td w 2 min left.