WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwu70

Women should be top 25.  Men have a tougher climb tomorrow.  I'm hoping for a hot afternoon from three.  Wash U is always so disciplined, tough, and well-coached.  Wish I was there to see it, greet our classmate, Mary Cross Edwards iwu70, spouse of Wash U coach, Mark Edwards.  Mary and I always cheer for the TITANS, save for this one day of the year.  :)

Happy holidays, Ypsi.

'70

lmitzel

NCC got back in the win column, 71-61 over Dubuque tonight. It was a little in doubt; North Central saw a 16 Point halftime lead get trimmed to one a few minutes into the third, but hit a few threes to get control back. Siarra O'Neill had 20 points I think, including six triples (though I never saw an MJ shrug unfortunately :( )

Tough one up next as they take on Chicago Monday night, but I feel a lot better with them taking care of business tonight.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Roundball999 on December 16, 2017, 07:42:51 AM
According to Hope's local newspaper:

""We had too many games scheduled for this season. It goes back to between June 15 and July 5, we had five teams drop us on our schedule that we had contracted with," Morehouse said. "We have to stay within the NCAA rules, we're only allowed to play 25 and through the chaos that was scheduling and scrambling, somehow a mistake was made. I own that and I apologize to all of our fans that are affected and players and their parents who came down to the game and unfortunate mistake impacted the other teams as well.""

Morehouse was on the D3Hoops radio Hoopsville show the other night and talked of same issue, five teams backing out of contracted agreements to play, which of course creates real scheduling chaos. 

Regardless, a real shame for Wheaton and the other participants.

Fixed that for you. LOL :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

RogK

other CCIW weekend action :
Izzy Anderson scored 28 and grabbed 7 rebs as Augie topped Linfield, 81-76. Teammate Scooter Lopez added 18 pts.
Carthage had no trouble with Knox, 77-36. Madie Kaelber and Autumn Kalis combined for 11 made threes. Morgan Harris led with 11 rebs. A total of 8 FTs were shot in the game.
Elmhurst defeated Carleton 86-59, thanks in part to a 46-21 rebounding effort. Mikaela Eppard excelled (no surprise!) -- 28 pts (12/16, 4/4 FT), 12 rebs, 4 assists. Kaela Jones added 10 pts, 10 rebs.
Yesterday, Millikin won 70-38 over Lawrence. Devin Curry had 14 pts, while Sierra Birdsell had 7 rebs. A total of only 10 FTs were taken in this game.
Today, Millikin lost 77-69 to Eastern Connecticut State. Devin Curry scored 24 and had 6 assists; Lauren Moses had 12 rebs and 9 pts.
Millikin scored 30 pts from 24 3FG att, but only 24 pts from 37 2FG att. Live by the 2, die by the 2.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on December 16, 2017, 08:04:58 PM
Quote from: iwu70 on December 16, 2017, 07:54:10 PM
I'm with you, Ypsi, top 25 team for sure.  10-2 going into the rest of the conference schedule would be nice.

'70

And IF the men beat #11 WashU at the Shirk tomorrow (I think they will), BOTH sets of Titans should crack the top 25! :)

Well, there ain't gonna be TWO Titan top 25 teams this week.  The men suffered one of their worst beat downs in years, 95-69, in a game that wasn't even that close - the Bears led at one point by 38! :o

Even for the women we'll just have to wait and see.  The only team they might jump is #25 Ithaca (who only led by 6 points in the last poll); they lost, but only by 10 to the team ranked #9.  I THINK the Lady Titans are in, but not real certain.

iwu70

Ypsi, if Wash U is illustrative of the top 25 teams, our Titans are a long long way from top 25, after that clinic, that beat-down.  Our guys played poorly, Wash U magnificently.  Their offense and ball movement a joy to watch -- save when you are on the receiving end of it. 

Women have a shot at top 25 this week, though few of the teams above them are losing.  Hoping for two more good wins in Colorado.  Men have to re-group, get that bad taste out of their mouths fast, by beating U Chicago Tuesday night.  More tough games in ATL.  The season waits for no team.

IWU'70

RogK

Congrats to Izzy Anderson, new CCIW Player of the Week!

RogK

U of Chicago 89, North Central 62 : NC commits 29 TOs.
Lyndsay Brennan did well in her 20:00 -- 4/8 FG + 2/2 FT for 10 pts, also 5 rebs, 3 assists, 2 steals, 0 TO.
George Fox 60, Augie 48.
Alexis Jones had 12 pts, 7 rebs, 4 stls

iwu70

Titans back in the top 25 in the new poll, barely.  Hard to move up with so many teams still undefeated -- 11 in all.  Key chances to play ranked teams now few and far between.  Some gotta lose for IWU to move on up.

Titans on a nice break now -- then two games at the end of December -- vs. Oberlin and Lewis and Clark, in Colorado Springs.  Snow time.  No skiing ladies!  :)

Ypsi, you were right, they just squeaked in. 

'70

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: iwu70 on December 19, 2017, 12:24:15 AM
Titans back in the top 25 in the new poll, barely.  Hard to move up with so many teams still undefeated -- 11 in all.  Key chances to play ranked teams now few and far between.  Some gotta lose for IWU to move on up.

Titans on a nice break now -- then two games at the end of December -- vs. Oberlin and Lewis and Clark, in Colorado Springs.  Snow time.  No skiing ladies!  :)

Ypsi, you were right, they just squeaked in. 

'70

They'll be fine, the nearest real ski resort to Colorado Springs is a good 2.5-3 hours away.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

RogK

In the day's only CCIW action, North Park fell to Loras, 64-47. Loras's 23-7 2nd Q pretty much decided things. They really turned up their intensity in that period, showing what they were capable of.
NPU's Zakiya Newsome had 11 pts, 4 assists and 3 stls. No other Viking scored more than six points.

Gregory Sager

North Park had a rough time of it today, losing to Loras, 64-47. Zakiya Newsome was the only Viking in double figures, socring 11 while pilfering the ball three times. Gabby Sandoval had four steals for NPU, which had a devil of a time trying to solve the 2-3 trapping zone of the Duhawks. That, and finishing  -13 in the rebounding department, spelled doom for the Vikings. They also had their second poor FT performance in a row, shooting only 4-12 from the charity stripe, but that was not a factor in a game in which NPU was soundly beaten.

They have a final chance to get things figured out before conference play begins in earnest, as they travel to New England next week to play Hamilton and Wheaton (MA).
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

iwu70

Hoops Fan, glad to hear that.  Maybe they can take a side trip up Pike's Peak instead, right?  Or, they could tour the Air Force Academy.  Colorado College has a very beautiful campus.

Sure hoping for two more Ws for the Titans -- re-entering CCIW play at 10-2.  Good first half . . . I'd be very happy with 21-4 and a CCIW crown at the end of the day, heading into March.  :)

Happy Holidays to all CCIW chatsters -- may your New Year be filled with contentment and good health.  (FYI, the Year of the Dog is up next!  A little cultural appreciation from the Far Side).

Hong Kong '70

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: iwu70 on December 20, 2017, 06:17:44 AM
Hoops Fan, glad to hear that.  Maybe they can take a side trip up Pike's Peak instead, right?  Or, they could tour the Air Force Academy.  Colorado College has a very beautiful campus.

Sure hoping for two more Ws for the Titans -- re-entering CCIW play at 10-2.  Good first half . . . I'd be very happy with 21-4 and a CCIW crown at the end of the day, heading into March.  :)

Happy Holidays to all CCIW chatsters -- may your New Year be filled with contentment and good health.  (FYI, the Year of the Dog is up next!  A little cultural appreciation from the Far Side).

Hong Kong '70

I don't think the Cog Railway is open in December or the Toll road either, for that matter, but they'll be able to see Pikes Peak from just about anywhere.  Downtown Colorado Springs (the two blocks of it that exist, are pretty cool) and Old Colorado City is just ten minutes away - that's a unique tourist experience.  The Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame is just up the street, too.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

RogK

An 18-3 third quarter propelled Carthage to a 60-53 victory over Drew this afternoon.
Carthage won the rebounding 45-28, with 9 by Bailey Gilbert and 8 each by Maggie Berrigan and Morgan Harris.
Madie Kaelber scored 16 pts and Rachel Szydlowski supplied 12.
This game was in Daytona Beach, where they are currently suffering oppressive 78 degree heat!