2017 Playoffs

Started by Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat, October 31, 2017, 01:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Pretty much the reason why big-time coaches love the bowls so much. "We won a bowl game last year!" "My bowl record is ..."

SMH. Ego.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

wm4

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on December 05, 2017, 11:57:21 AM
Pretty much the reason why big-time coaches love the bowls so much. "We won a bowl game last year!" "My bowl record is ..."

SMH. Ego.

...and paychecks.  Bumped into this yesterday.

"With all CFP-affiliated bowl bids now distributed, FBS head coaches have secured more than $7.9 million in bonuses so far this season"

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: wm4 on December 05, 2017, 12:30:42 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on December 05, 2017, 11:57:21 AM

SMH. Ego.

...and paychecks.  Bumped into this yesterday.

"With all CFP-affiliated bowl bids now distributed, FBS head coaches have secured more than $7.9 million in bonuses so far this season"

Yep - it is a major part of the contracts. Go .500, win a bowl game, and you can buy a Rolls Royce.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ralph Turner

Ralph Turner

UMU and UMHB preserve the Order of the Purple in the Stagg Bowl.

Other members of the exclusive group include UW-Whitewater, Linfield and Albion.

Toby Taff

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 09, 2017, 06:51:49 PM

Other members of the exclusive group include UW-Whitewater, Linfield and Albion.
is the order winners only? If not i think UST is in as well
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Desertraider

Quote from: Toby Taff on December 09, 2017, 09:19:58 PM

Saint-Tropez has a University? And they played in the Stagg Bowl? Well if you say so. ;D
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Toby Taff on December 09, 2017, 09:19:58 PM

Entry into the Order of the Purple is a Walnut and Bronze...

No Tommies, yet.

Bartman

Good luck to all the Purple teams in the 2017 Stagg Bowl ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 09, 2017, 09:56:07 PM

No Tommies, yet.

...or maybe Hobart some day.

Bartman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 10, 2017, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 09, 2017, 09:56:07 PM

No Tommies, yet.

...or maybe Hobart some day.
Nice of you to acknowledge our PURPLE and orange colors....but I think our realistic goal is to win our league and a few games in the playoffs....that final four level is a whole 'nuther commitment to a program....but you never know , we competed well against a "down" Mount Union(if UMU can be down) in the first round last year, but watching the Brockport team against the Crusaders and the quality of the Wisconsin v.Ohio boys yesterday was very impressive... The Order of Purple membership is a dream, for sure
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Mr. Ypsi

The two lowest scoring Staggs ever were last year (UMHB over UWO) and 2000 (UMU over SJU), both 10-7, with 1974 (Central over Ithaca) just behind at 10-8.  This year is shaping up as a definite threat to those records: at the half, UMU 3, UMHB 0.

While I'm not predicting it, an OT FG for one or the other to win 6-3 would not shock me.

Mr. Ypsi

New all-time low score: UMU 12,  UMHB 0.

Ralph Turner

I will always remember how many times the ESPNU commentators made reference to how cold and windy it was.

https://vortex.plymouth.edu/wxpmaps/uschill.gif

At 0400 Zulu 12/16/2017 it is 24 near Salem; 44 in Houston and 16 near Canton.

This is the windchill map from the web site at (D3) Plymouth State University.
The university has numerous weather maps for you to explore and bookmark.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 16, 2017, 12:23:26 AM
I will always remember how many times the ESPNU commentators made reference to how cold and windy it was.

https://vortex.plymouth.edu/wxpmaps/uschill.gif

At 0400 Zulu 12/16/2017 it is 24 near Salem; 44 in Houston and 16 near Canton.

Yeah... that's one reason I'm not convinced canton is an optimal location for a December championship