FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimma

lyco80...

As a student here at lyco alot of changes have been happening over the past two to three years...Lots of staff have changed from the cafe to the admin staff...the possiblity of President Douthat stepping down in the next couple years could be part of all these changes....with that I would not be suprised if G stepped down at that time too as he has been rumored to be pondering the idea..

Lyco80

Swimma,

Thanks for the comeback.  I heard from Bill Byham, one of the broadcasters who covers the Warriors, that Coach G will, indeed, be returning for next season.

Additionally, the Sons of Italy are honoring him with a banquet on the 21st of January in Williamsport.

I sure bet it is cold in Williamsport this week - brrrr.....I am still thawing out from the blizzard of 1978.

And with the thermometer - my karma continues to fall as well - and to think, "I used to be somebody, I coulda been a contender."

ATB

Simba

Lyco80...
My sources confirm what your sources have stated so only time will tell...Pasta for everyone on the 21st of Jan!!!...And yes, there was ice on the inside of the windows in East Hall (Sigma Pi) for the whole month of Jan that year...Negative Chill index for weeks!!!...Will never forget that...I do remember the 70's now!!!...Simba

Lyco80

Well, well, well - MU wins another D3 title.  What a big surprise!  Am I the only one who thinks it is way past time for them to move up to D2?  Personally, as a member of the United Methodist Church and clergy it tickles me to think that a small, United Methodist school in Ohio is the D3 national powerhouse year after year.  But isn't it time for them to try their mettle agains the Georgia Southern's of the world? 

UWW - lost the game at the end of the second half when their tight end dropped a certain touchdown and later when they were third and goal and someone missed a blocking assignment on either the LB or Safety who stuffed ole Justin with a most righteous hit.  Turnovers then sealed their fate.

MU was clearly on their game and their D just tightened things up as the game wore on.

8 out of 13 is an awesome feat - but shouldn't the NCAA challenge them to move up after all these accomplishments?

By the way, where do all the D2 players in Ohio go to school anyway?  Perhaps the dearth of D2 and D1AA schools in Ohio might explain the gene pool at Alliance.

I noticed that the Empire8, LL and MAC are all very silent these days.  Although, LL is sometimes amusingly active about other matters than football and well worth the occasional scan for the chuckle and random photos.

Merry Christmas.

All The Best

patron2

I dont know that Mount should move up.  You cant fault Kehres for being in a great situation and taking advantage of it. 

If they are too successful, maybe the NCAA should ask Southern Cal to tone it down as well???  Or maybe Grand Valley should move to 1AA??? 

As Bobby Bowden told Lou Holtz..."It's not my job to coach your team.  If you dont like it, coach better, recruit better, or change the schedule."

I am waiting for Florida and California to figure out how to play d3 football.  That would be intersting...

tecmobowler

Curious if any of you folks with Lyco sources have heard about any possible shifts to a new conference. 

I heard from a pretty good source with the organization that a move to a league slightly farther north is a real possibility a couple years down the road.

Thousands of fans join in the revelry, showing their Bomber pride and support for the football team. Some fans take the rowdiness a little too far, however, by starting fights, damaging property and tipping Port-a-Potties. -Ithacan, November 10th

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Lyco80 on December 18, 2005, 07:19:12 AM
Well, well, well - MU wins another D3 title.  What a big surprise!  Am I the only one who thinks it is way past time for them to move up to D2? 

This isn't european soccer. Winning a division doesn't mean you have to move "up" a level.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Warren Thompson

Quote from: tecmobowler on December 18, 2005, 03:35:18 PM
Curious if any of you folks with Lyco sources have heard about any possible shifts to a new conference. 

I heard from a pretty good source with the organization that a move to a league slightly farther north is a real possibility a couple years down the road.

Lord, not another MAC team jumping ship!

On the other hand, if they want to go, let 'em go. Maybe they will join the Liberty League along with Susquehanna and thus enjoy endless treks by bus to St. Lawrence (a venue not all that far-removed from Montreal; after the game, they could venture up to that lovely city and polish their French-Canadian patois skills).

Pat Coleman

I thought he was referring to the Empire 8.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 18, 2005, 06:14:02 PM
I thought he was referring to the Empire 8.

Perhaps it doesn't matter ....

Lyco80

Quote from: patron2 on December 18, 2005, 01:15:25 PM
I dont know that Mount should move up.  You cant fault Kehres for being in a great situation and taking advantage of it. 

If they are too successful, maybe the NCAA should ask Southern Cal to tone it down as well???  Or maybe Grand Valley should move to 1AA??? 

As Bobby Bowden told Lou Holtz..."It's not my job to coach your team.  If you dont like it, coach better, recruit better, or change the schedule."

I am waiting for Florida and California to figure out how to play d3 football.  That would be intersting...

Glad for the comment, I am. 

Where can USC go?  As for Grand Valley, did they win 110 games in a row at their level?  Since there is no answer for the first question - Southern Cal cannot go pro, and Grand Valley did not dominate their level ala MU both questions are truly species but amusing.

Not faulting Kehres or anyone but merely pointing out that clearly MU continues to dominate the sport and level unlike any team with whom they regularly compete.

Naturally sports is replete with dynasties - the Yankees of the 1950s and the Celtics of the same era - John Wooden's UCLA Bruins - but these teams were not only Cock of the Walk but at the highest level of competition for their sport.

All I am suggesting is that it is obviously clear that MU is capable of handling stiffer competition since they routinely run through the OAC and then the NCAA playoff system.

Thanks for the comeback though.

ATB

Lyco80

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 18, 2005, 05:40:04 PM
Quote from: Lyco80 on December 18, 2005, 07:19:12 AM
Well, well, well - MU wins another D3 title.  What a big surprise!  Am I the only one who thinks it is way past time for them to move up to D2? 

This isn't european soccer. Winning a division doesn't mean you have to move "up" a level.

For the record, please notice I never implied they had to "move" up a level but merely suggested that for a team that wins 110 in a row and dominates both their conference year after year and then the playoffs it might be time for some serious minds to consider if this is in the best interests of D3 and Mount Union.

Curious it is that this suggestion seems so threatening to others.

ATB

Lyco80

Quote from: tecmobowler on December 18, 2005, 03:35:18 PM

Tecmo,

I will nose around after the holidays and see if I can find anything out.  I do not see Lycoming joining the LL but perhaps the Empire8 might be a better fit.  The departure of Susquehanna, Moravian and Juniata will have some sweeping implications for the MAC, and not just in football.  It will be interesting to see where this all leads.

Merry Christmas.

ATB

Jonny Utah

Id stay where you are.  The less teams per conference in a pool a system the better. 

frank uible

How about investigating the joining of NESCAC? {For those of you who can find no humor in anything NESCAC related, please note that the foregoing is intended as a joke even if it is not funny to you.}