FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 12, 2018, 08:12:41 PM
Quote from: Bartman on October 07, 2018, 10:07:49 AM
Pep,
     So the Golden Eagles swoop in to take on the Saxon Warriors next week. Looks like the Bengals were a good tune up for the birds.

Good tune up?   Ya think?  Congrats to your Saxons.  I'm glad I didn't pass on my Vegas vacation to stay and watch that "historic " 1st night game !

Missed you, 'rule! Bengals were moving the ball nicely early, but coming away empty with a Saxon goal line stand served to declaw those cats. Just hoping the Saxons can give Brockport a game tomorrow in Mayberry and the Bengals rebound and slay them some Red Dragons!!

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

boobyhasgameyo

Alright Fisher!  Convincing win against Hartwick.  Now, let's talk pool C bid scenarios...

Upstate

Quote from: boobyhasgameyo on October 13, 2018, 05:05:38 PM
Alright Fisher!  Convincing win against Hartwick.  Now, let's talk pool C bid scenarios...

They should absolutely be the top pool C candidate from this region if they win their final 4 games...

Playoffs here we come!!!
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Bartman

Woah......Brockport totally overwhelming Alfred , this Golden Eagles team is pretty scary. It really makes the E8 conference pretty boring( except for the Pool C bid by Fisher  ;D), but it will bring respect to the East. The question is , how good are they and how far can they go in the NCAA Tourney? 
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

saxontad

I was there yesterday, Bartman and we were dominated in all phases of the game.  We played them much better last year up at their place.  I am trying to figure out if we are much worse or they are much better than last year.  I suppose both can be true.  Their speed is unreal reminding me of watching Mount in the Pit two years ago.  Though the Mount did not dominate us like that.  What a whipping!!

On Saxon Warriors!!!

UfanBill

Congrats to all you Fisher guys. No "0-fer" this season.  As for my Union Dutchmen...sadly a giant step backward.  :'(   Looking forward to a future Dutchmen/Cardinal matchup.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

AUPepBand

Quote from: Bartman on October 14, 2018, 09:05:17 AM
Woah......Brockport totally overwhelming Alfred , this Golden Eagles team is pretty scary. It really makes the E8 conference pretty boring( except for the Pool C bid by Fisher  ;D), but it will bring respect to the East. The question is , how good are they and how far can they go in the NCAA Tourney?

Having witnessed the beatdown of Pep's beloved Saxons, Pep is hopeful that this Brockport team wins it all.

The Golden Eagle DC has built a FORCE to be reckoned with. Pep thinks they are improved over last year. Golden Eagles had a nice following at the game, as well.

Congrats to Coach Jason Mangone and the Golden Eagles and best of luck the rest of the way!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

fisheralum91

Quote from: UfanBill on October 14, 2018, 11:06:18 AM
Congrats to all you Fisher guys. No "0-fer" this season.  As for my Union Dutchmen...sadly a giant step backward.  :'(   Looking forward to a future Dutchmen/Cardinal matchup.

No 0fer this year- and Im sure that the kids are glad that they got the win, but the Cards have a lot of work to do (and healing) in order to get another elusive W.
MVille came to play and beat a decent UC team.  There are really no gimme wins...period

Bartman

Quote from: fisheralum91 on October 15, 2018, 12:16:57 PM
Quote from: UfanBill on October 14, 2018, 11:06:18 AM

No 0fer this year- and Im sure that the kids are glad that they got the win, but the Cards have a lot of work to do (and healing) in order to get another elusive W.
MVille came to play and beat a decent UC team.  There are really no gimme wins...period
     I miss the boldness of the Fisher supporters when the team is at the top of its game....Brockport is soooo much better than anyone in the E8/LL group(although IC hung in there and perhaps Cortland will give them a good test) , the rest of us are just sparring partners for them....pretty much the Mount Union effect in the OAC with one close game with John Carroll. I hope this is not a long term trend and the rest of the East can keep up with BPort. Good luck against the Mustangs and reaching your second win, they have some talent.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

fisheralum91

Bartman,
The "beast of the east" looks like a complete team- one worthy not only of their ranking but worthy of serious national championship discussion.
Its been a long time since Rowan was in a similar role.
I hope for the best for my cardinals, and wish brockport well as they strive for the championship---then we can buck this trend ;D

D3viewer

Players of the week

Offensive Player - Tyree Brown, Brockport WR (Sophomore, Buffalo, N.Y.) 5-10 178
In their toughest test to date, Brockport's Brown shined in a 52-0 rout of Alfred, scoring five touchdowns. The wide receiver did it through the air and on the ground, posting seven receptions for 139-yards and three scores including a touchdown catch for 61-yards. On the ground, Brown had six carries for 24-yards and two TDs.

Defensive Player - Jose Garcia,  S Morrisville (Sophomore, New York, N.Y.) 5-10 180
Garcia recorded a collegiate-high 15 total tackles, including 10 solo stops, in the team's 41-24 win over Utica Saturday in Empire 8 action. He also recorded an interception and pass break up. He was part of the defensive unit that forced the Pioneers to turn the ball over twice during the contest.

Special Teams Player - Dustin Moyle, K Brockport (Junior, Carthage, N.Y.)
Moyle had another perfect outing for the Green and Gold, stepping up on every occasion. The junior went 7-for-7 on extra points, and knocked home a 32-yards field goal in the final quarter, putting the finishing touches on the 52-0 win.

Bengalsrule

Buff State travels to Brockport this weekend

Go BENGALS

D3viewer

Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 17, 2018, 03:39:39 AM

Go BENGALS

Is it still the "I-90 Bowl" ?

Bengalsrule

Quote from: D3viewer on October 17, 2018, 12:44:58 PM
Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 17, 2018, 03:39:39 AM

Go BENGALS

Is it still the "I-90 Bowl" ?

Yes for football only.  In basketball it's Buff State vs Fredonia I e Battle for I 90.  Keeping my fingers crossed for one heck of an effort from my BENGALS this Saturday.

D3viewer

Empire 8 Week 8 slate : Only 3 teams have a winning conf. record (Brockport, Alfred, and Cortland)

1PM   Cortland 5-1 (3-1) @ Hartwick 2-4 (0-3)         C-St 7th in country in passing yards per game.  As you would expect, a Red Dragon would sizzle  a hawk with one fiery breath.

2PM Alfred 4-2 (3-1) @ Utica 3-3 (1-2)       Game of the week. 2 teams licking wounds from beat downs last week. I'm calling for Utica to win at home. Both defenses about equal. Utica has the better offense. 

2PM  Morrisville 3-3 (1-2) @ SJF 1-4 (1-2)    Teams  are more statistically even  than you may think. I say M'ville pulls out a close victory on the road.

4PM  Buff St 1-5 (1-2) @ #3 Brockport 6-0 (3-0)   I 90 Bowl. Not much to see here. Bport sports the nation's #1 defense and this game could get ugly as well. Brockport's HC is from Buffalo and may lay on
                                                                         the gas all game.