Liberty League

Started by Pat Cummings, March 01, 2005, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Quote from: Caz Bombers on February 27, 2018, 02:01:43 PM
on a more positive note, shout out to the women of Liberty League hoops for putting three teams in their NCAA Tournament. Skidmore won the Pool A bid out of the #1 seed, meaning both RIT and Ithaca earned true Pool C spots, no bubble busters. Apparently St. Lawrence was relatively close to the bubble as well.
RIT and Ithaca win, Skidmore out. LL won 3 of 4 NCAA games, including Union MBB win.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

#8 Tufts was too much for Ithaca, but congrats to the RIT women on the big road W over TCNJ, the Tigers advance to their first Sweet 16.

Positive vibes going out to the Union Dutchmen tonight in Plattsburgh!

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

stlawus

SLU just recruited someone who I think will be the tallest player in program history.  6'11" shot blocker from Loomis Chafee.

stlawus

No surprises.  Hobart and Skidmore both had really disappointing finishes to their seasons, they'll be out for blood.

Caz Bombers

Union popped the cork on 2018-19 LL men's basketball with a 67-64 win at Hartwick last night. McNoble didn't play but freshman** Mike Concannon went for 17-10-6 in his debut.

RIT opens today in TIGER WAR at Cobleskill and Skidmore starts this afternoon at home against Muhlenberg.

**I'm not calling them "first years", this isn't f---ing Hogwarts

Caz Bombers

RIT let a 2nd half lead get away from them but a 2nd chance bucket by Coby Adekanbi with 35 seconds left gave them a win at Cobleskill. The other Tigers (Fighting Tigers actually) had a three for the win on the final possession that didn't fall.

Skidmore took advantage of a 30-8 free throw disparity to hold off Muhlenberg by 6. Noah Meren scored 23 for the Thoroughbreds.

LL is back in action Tuesday for a couple North Country Derbies (Plattsburgh at Clarkson; St. Lawrence at Potsdam) as well as RIT's home opener against Rochester and Bard's season opener at Hartwick.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Caz Bombers on November 10, 2018, 10:29:53 AM
Union popped the cork on 2018-19 LL men's basketball with a 67-64 win at Hartwick last night. McNoble didn't play but freshman** Mike Concannon went for 17-10-6 in his debut.

RIT opens today in TIGER WAR at Cobleskill and Skidmore starts this afternoon at home against Muhlenberg.

**I'm not calling them "first years", this isn't f---ing Hogwarts

+1 😂😂😂
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Caz Bombers

nearly but not quite Top 25 Rochester thrashes RIT 68-43 at Clark Gym. Not great.

Clarkson is getting extremely Patron-ized by Plattsburgh and will lose, down 20 with less than 6 minutes to go. Hardly an unexpected outcome by any means though.

St. Lawrence down 6, halftime at Potsdam. Bard in the process of getting blown off the floor at Hartwick. Rough night for the LL.

ucaafan

TROY, N.Y. – Freshman Mike Concannon of the Union College men's basketball team got his collegiate career off to a good start this week, earning Liberty League Rookie of the Week honors, the conference office announced on Monday.

The freshman guard had a double-double in his collegiate debut, going for 17 points, 10 rebounds and six assists to lead Union to a 67-64 win over Hartwick on Friday night. The freshman had eight points, five rebounds and five assists just in the second half of the win, including a key rebound and two subsequent free throws with 13 seconds remaining to secure the three-point victory.

Union has a couple of impressive first and second year players to complement seniors McNoble and Laing.

Caz Bombers

Skidmore lost to Plattsburgh 83-75 up north. Rupkus and Meren combined for 42 points, but getting dominated on the glass and only being able to create nine Cardinals turnovers was the recipe for getting beat.

LL teams will look to end this 5-game OOC losing streak on Friday when St. Lawrence and Clarkson are in action, joined by the season openers for Hobart, Ithaca, RPI and Vassar.

Caz Bombers

at Vassar 101, New Rochelle 88 - it's only CNR but it's always fun to score a hundo. 5 in double figures for the Brewers with 24-12 for Grinde and 23-7 for Durham.

Hobart rallied to edge Stevens 68-65 on a late bucket with 23 seconds left; Tucker Lescoe scored 23 for the Statesmen.

Clarkson got clocked by Westfield State. Former VC coach BJ Dunne picked up his first win at Gettysburg at the expense of Ithaca. RPI lost to Utica. St. Lawrence's game against Ursinus was postponed 1 day due to the snowstorm.

Another not very good day for the LL.

Greek Tragedy

Good work on the game reviews. They don't go unnoticed.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

stlawus

Much better showing by SLU today against a solid Ursinus squad.  92-83 win and led the entire game.