FB: Centennial Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHop

sorry I missed the last two weeks, I was out of the country on business. next year I'll need to do better scheduling.

purpled

For those Blue Jay fans making the trip to Alliance, welcome! It's a small town so don't expect much. We do have a Holiday Inn Express, Super 8 and a Comfort Inn with plenty of good places to eat. Saturday's weather as of Tuesday is a high of 39 with a 60% chance of snow...you will be sitting in the open stands facing west and the wind comes out of the northwest so it will be cold.

Have a safe trip and hope to meet of few of you!
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

jhu

Thanks for the info. Purpled.  We should have a decent turnout in Alliance on Saturday and will bring an extra layer.  BIg step up for us this week - in looking through the mu site your team looks as impressive as ever.  Looking forward to the game and seeing the mu campus.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: purpled on November 20, 2012, 06:11:20 PM
For those Blue Jay fans making the trip to Alliance, welcome! It's a small town so don't expect much. We do have a Holiday Inn Express, Super 8 and a Comfort Inn with plenty of good places to eat. Saturday's weather as of Tuesday is a high of 39 with a 60% chance of snow...you will be sitting in the open stands facing west and the wind comes out of the northwest so it will be cold.

Have a safe trip and hope to meet of few of you!

Don't forget if you have time Friday or Sunday, the Pro Football HOF is just up the road a bit.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

theaprof

Serious inquiry--any JH fans want to trade a hat or t-shirt this weekend?  I have been trading with teams for the last several years and am looking to expand my collection.  Mount Union gear for Johns Hopkins.  I will supply a new piece of UMU clothing/hat for an equivalent from JHU.  PM me if you are interested.
Reloading--Again, and again, and again....

purpled

Quote from: jhu on November 20, 2012, 10:09:12 PM
Thanks for the info. Purpled.  We should have a decent turnout in Alliance on Saturday and will bring an extra layer.  BIg step up for us this week - in looking through the mu site your team looks as impressive as ever.  Looking forward to the game and seeing the mu campus.

You're welcome! This year's edition of the Raiders, especially the offense, is very good. A sophomore starting at QB is not the norm but Burke has been exceptional. And the defense...so very quick to the ball. We give up 37 yards/game on the ground and you have a RB who averages 130...should be interesting.
"You know you're in trouble when...you see the refs tailgating with your opponent's fans." - Paul Fischer

D3MAFAN

I was wondering when teams play Moravian (Greyhounds), do the play hounddog by Elvis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MnmIVBSZYM

jhu

The preseason pubs are out and Johns Hopkins is ranked in the top 10 in Sporting News and Lindy's rankings.  Jenifer (OL/T) and Cranston (OL/C) also earned preseason AA nods.
http://www.hopkinssports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061213aab.html

87 days till kickoff!

D3MAFAN

Quote from: jhu on June 12, 2013, 11:22:47 AM
The preseason pubs are out and Johns Hopkins is ranked in the top 10 in Sporting News and Lindy's rankings.  Jenifer (OL/T) and Cranston (OL/C) also earned preseason AA nods.
http://www.hopkinssports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061213aab.html

87 days till kickoff!

Congrats to Jenifer and Craston. It appears that teams within the Centennial Conference is going to have to go through Johns Hopkins again this year. I expect the conference to be competitive, as always. I have Muhlenberg as my pre-season favorite for the Centennial crown, Johns Hopkins second, and Gettysburg third. However, never know who may get the nod for the playoff spot.

jhu

More news from Hopkins yesterday as Margraff announced his incoming class.  A group of 27 that comes from 14 different states!

http://www.hopkinssports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061313aad.html

D3MAFAN

Quote from: jhu on June 14, 2013, 12:09:09 PM
More news from Hopkins yesterday as Margraff announced his incoming class.  A group of 27 that comes from 14 different states!

http://www.hopkinssports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061313aad.html

Almost look similar to Case Western's incoming roster. Also, notice they have a few players from America's power house high schools.

commish

This is your invitation to join us for #CCKickoff13 on Wednesday, August 7, beginning at 10:30 a.m.

What is #CCKickoff 13? It's the start of the Conference's 30th anniversary season, as the Centennial began as a football-only conference in 1983. Rather than hosting just a traditional coaches press conference to begin the year, the Conference's 10 head coaches will talk about their prospects for the upcoming season in three different interactive formats - the traditional question-and-answer session with the media, a one-on-one conversation with an emcee about Division III football, and a Twitter chat that will take questions from the live audience.

The media Q-and-A and the one-on-one conversation will both be streamed live through the Conference website, while the Twitter chat can be followed online as well.

http://www.centennial.org/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/7-19-Kickoff

Coaches will be available in three formats ...

1) A traditional media conference format where the head coach speaks to assembled media and takes questions;

2) A one-on-one sit-down conversation with our emcee - Mike Straub of WGAL-TV - about the upcoming season and the Division III experience. Each coach will appear live for a ten-minute interview, featuring questions from fans! We're encouraging questions submitted on our Facebook page or via Twitter, using the hashtag #CCKickoff13.

3) A live interactive one-on-one Twitter chat with each coach. Each coach will sit down for a live 10-minute chat with you, the Centennial Conference fans. Join us on Twitter, using the hashtag #CCKickoff13, and ask your coach what to expect this season!

The kickoff event will be held at Franklin & Marshall College beginning at 10:30 a.m. with a brief state of the conference address given by Ulrich that will also be streamed live. Coaches will then have 10-minute blocks at each station, fielding questions from both members of the media and interested fans.

jhu

Great media event hosted by Commish today.  Hopkins virtually unanimous pick at the top of the preseason poll:

2013 Centennial Conference Preseason Poll
Rk. School - Points (1st-Place Votes)
1. Johns Hopkins - 161 (17)
2. Franklin & Marshall - 139 (3)
3. Ursinus - 122
4. Muhlenberg - 120
5. Gettysburg - 98
6. Susquehanna - 86
7. Juniata - 57
8. Dickinson - 54
9. Moravian - 39
10. McDaniel - 24

Check out video of all the coaches talking about their teams on the CC's new video portal - http://www.centennialconference.tv/

Thoughts on poll?  Season?  Most coaches said their teams report middle of next week.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: jhu on August 07, 2013, 09:17:47 PM
Great media event hosted by Commish today.  Hopkins virtually unanimous pick at the top of the preseason poll:

2013 Centennial Conference Preseason Poll
Rk. School - Points (1st-Place Votes)
1. Johns Hopkins - 161 (17)
2. Franklin & Marshall - 139 (3)
3. Ursinus - 122
4. Muhlenberg - 120
5. Gettysburg - 98
6. Susquehanna - 86
7. Juniata - 57
8. Dickinson - 54
9. Moravian - 39
10. McDaniel - 24

Check out video of all the coaches talking about their teams on the CC's new video portal - http://www.centennialconference.tv/

Thoughts on poll?  Season?  Most coaches said their teams report middle of next week.

I think that Muhlenberg should have been at least #2 or #3, they return a good portion of their Defense. The program usually has its success with its defense. I know they lose a lot on 'O', but they still have a seasoned QB with a returning TE.