WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

d3hoops.com AA teams have been announced.  Hannah Frazier was named to the second team; Kendall Sosa was named Honorable Mention.  Congratulations to both. :)

RogK

Yeah, nice national recognition for Hannah and Kendall. Well done!

GoPerry

Congratulations to Hannah Frazier for her 2nd All American recognition and a terrific 3 year career with the Thunder.

Similiar congratulations to Kendall Sosa.

iwu70

My congrats too for Frazier and Sosa.  Great seasons by both and well-deserved AA honours.

Thanks for the additional stats, RogK.  Yes, IWU not a strong FT shooting team this year . . . only Sosa, Eck and Shanks really.  Several others needing some significant % improvements in FT shooting now in the off-season.  It will be interesting to see who steps up and becomes the 5th starter next year . . .  would love to see Raven Hughes back, Shank's "little sister" join in too.  I suppose Eck, Bowen and Lowis all have a shot at much more playing time, all with their own advantages and drawbacks. IWU surely needs more paint presence, rebounding and size down low.  Brovelli is very good, but we could use more. . .  No word yet, of course, on the newbies, and incoming freshmen who may play a part in the rotation next season. 

Stay well, all, and washy washy on those mitts. 

All best,

'70

RogK

Another soft-hitting statistical analysis, this time FT att per minute, minimum 10 att. I used the stats on ncaa.org.
A .1 att/min is the cutoff; I looked first at FT att, multiplied by 10 to check the minutes.
                                                 FT att / Minutes
.172 AUG Justice Edell                  58/338
.150 AUG Alexis Jones                 139/928
.109 AUG Gabriela Loiz                 74/677
.105 AUG Lauren Hall                   74/707
.196 CRL  Kayla Stefka                 85/434
.190 CRL Sierra Grubor                100/526
.172 CRL Kate Christian                70/408
.114 CRL Alyssa Cruz                   58/509
.154 CTG Kelsey Coshun               75/486
.182 ELM Kween Jean                   96/527
.129 ELM Courtney O'Donnell        55/426
.101 ELM Zori Miller                     13/129
.150 IWU Katelyn Heller               43/287
.142 IWU Kendall Sosa                131/920
.123 IWU Riley Brovelli                99/807
.121 IWU Kaia Bowen                   47/389
.100 IWU Sydney Shanks             85/850
.171 MIL Bailey Coffman              102/598
.152 MIL Jordan Hildebrand         119/784
.147 MIL Kelle Knopp                   27/184
.120 MIL Abby Ratsch                  73/609
.283 NCC Natalie Stavropoulos     45/159
.190 NCC Alanna Newsome          30/158
.148 NCC Jessica Kowalczyk         32/216
.134 NCC Mitrese Smith               36/268
.133 NCC Natali Dimitrova            82/618
.114 NCC Allison Pearson             87/762
.111 NCC Lyndsay Brennan           46/416
.219 NPU Lauren Lee                   47/215
.154 NPU Josie Summerville         69/449
.143 NPU Zakiya Newsome          106/740
.130 NPU Lauryn Alba Garner       52/401
.128 NPU Jayla Johnson               99/773
.126 NPU Kayla Patterson             22/175
.120 NPU Angelina Villasin           33/275
.110 NPU Esther Miller                 10/91
.297 WHE Zoe Nordling                22/74
.199 WHE Hannah Frazier            176/883
.156 WHE Taylor Sanders            22/141
.128 WHE Jill Berg                      64/499
The two players way ahead in this category, Nordling and Stavropoulos, did not play many minutes, but they could be interesting in coming seasons.

Ultimate Titan Fan

Mia has two strong recruits so far this year. Launi Chanthaboury, St. Charles North. A short, 3 shooter not afraid to attack the basket. Natalie Anderson, Eureka (a local player), nice height and strong scorer. Launi reminds me a lot of Kelsey Walsberg from a couple of years ago. Short at 5'6" but a monster shooter. Kelsey was a star in high school and started at D3 Monmouth where she had at least one 30-pint game. But when she transferred to IWU, she never started. Well, I think she started her senior year in the playoffs, because that was the year flu and injury hit the Titans at the worst possible time. She might've been a star at Monmouth, but rarely got off the bench at IWU. The situation with Launi might be different. Last year's recruits were good, not great. Both Launi and Natalie might find themselves starting as Sophomores.

iwu70

Ultimate, thanks for the info on the new TITANS.  Sounds promising.  I'm sure Mia has more coming in . . .

Hope all are safe and well, taking all precautions.

'70

Jester1390

Well Rog   if the world gets normal by November i might get to see you. Rose posted schedule playing at North Park and also at IWU.  Im a happy dad my daughter has decided she does want to be a engineer and not transfer.  Funny comment by her. I asked her what would her and the other 6 freshman would do if they got another year of legibility and that this past year was on the job training  and how good they would be in a 5th year.  Her reply dad we will all be working making six figures not playing ball. I said a dad can only hope you all want masters.

Hope you and your family are safe

RogK

That will be a good early test for RHIT and North Park.
Hopefully conditions will allow spectators to be present. If not, we'll rely on Gregory Sager's broadcast.

Gregory Sager

The only verbal commit for NPU of whom I'm aware at the moment is 5'3 guard Katelyn Sparlin from Plainfield North.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Jester1390

Rose-Hulman signed a 6 foot 3/4 player from texas today that had several D1 Offers. I was told she is even more athletic then Nosa Ighan which would be saying something. Rose already had a dominant rebounding team and a very good defensive team despite their youth. The problem was scoring and turnovers. This player will help with the scoring but they still need to sign some point guards so th ewings dont have to keep bringing up the ball and can concentrate on being shooters.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I know you mean well, Jester, but we use the words "verbally committed" in DIII. No one signs anything other than a non-committal document DIII has created for high school students to enjoy the experience. However, there are so many factors that can lead to recruit not playing for a school, it is insane. Deposit, show up on campus, get fully set-up with classes, show up to a team meeting, show up to practices, get a uniform, be at a game, and get into a game ... anywhere along the way they could change their mind and they can decide not to play (or even get cut).

So we usually leave the "signed" to DI (and even DII) where there are actual legal documents signed per scholarships and where one commits ... and just say "verbally committed" in our world. :)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Jester1390

lol ok im not legal representation.  Rose is fortunate to have another player decide having a engineering degree form their university was more attractive then attending a school that is in Division 1

Your correct. Rose will lose players because the academics and the time demand are very stringent. This past year one recruit didnt make it to the end of first quarter. 3 older player decided they needed to spend more time for their studies then play.  The whole recruiting class from the year before either transferred  or decided they didnt want to play anymore.  That is a recipe in how you get 7 freshman and 1 senior on a roster.

They do appear to have everyone coming back which will bode well for rose. The one thing going for them from last year is they all went through the learning and beatings together and were figuring out how to play at end of year.  If they can sign a point guard to go with this recruit they should be winning far more then they lose but only time will tell. Hopefully their will be a season. My wife is worried their wont be. I told her if there is no football and the country still on lock down we have alot more to worry about.

Titan Q

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 03, 2020, 12:37:11 PM
The only verbal commit for NPU of whom I'm aware at the moment is 5'3 guard Katelyn Sparlin from Plainfield North.

https://twitter.com/dhrecruitsgirls/status/1220768975539359744?s=20

* Halle Williams, 5-11 G/F (Waubonsie Valley HS)