FB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wabco

former 3D ... what happened?  DePauw decent or Hope stinky?

I did not care for Coach K's comments in GR Press ... appeared (at least to me) to denigrate his team.  That certainly does not help with team focus and also recruiting.  Question being danced around:  is it time to find a "Smith II"?

formerd3db

wabco:
Both.  DePauw is much better than some people would believe (not a power, but decent like you mention).  Bigger than I thought and good speed, good QB.  Had Hope scored in the first quarter when they were down on goal and/or near it twice, the game may have had a different tone.  Hope has had poor offensive blocking and QB play (this week, the latter was harassed and chased out of the pocket again on almost every passing play due to the poor blocking).  Defense is not strong, they were on the field a lot and tired greatly because of it.  Running back and receivers good.  Kicking game (FG's) is terrible which is a disappointment since we have a great, veteran Sr. kicker with a long range - however, it has not been his fault as the special teams blocking is non-existant as kicks have been blocked right up the middle.

I haven't seen Coach K's comments in the GR Press so will refrain from that, other than to say that after the game, he just challenged the team for someone to step up and take a leadership role as the attitude seems to be a bit lackadaisical (sp? ??? :)).  Although the latter might be slightly understandable after being blown out in two games.  Still, no excuses for if something doesn't change, it could be a long season.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

wally_wabash

miaafbfan--

Actually, Witt is off this week so at least they won't lose.  Although I am pretty sure that they'll find a way to give up 500 yards and 35 points. 

Witt's next game is against Denison...heaven help the Tigers if they lose that one. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Mugsy

formerd3db,
Posted this over on CCIW board, but it is now several pages back and probably missed...

So what's up with Hope?  Recently Wheaton vs. Hope has been a barn burner of a game (not saying it can't or won't be this year). 

Where is Hope having problems?  Seems like they are turning the ball over WAY too many times - 6 turnovers in first half against John Carroll?  Seems like the offensive that has been so potent recently is spuddering a bit?  Are there injury issues?

My "hope" is that Hope doesn't suddenly figure everything out at least until Oct. 1st.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

blue_balls

MIAA people.....
Tell me about Albion....How does Millikin stack up with them?  I know last year they played a pretty tough game with Albion getting the win up in Michigan...Should be a good game I'd imagine.
Chicago State University Baseball.....A new beginning, turning around one of the worst Division 1 baseball programs starts right now....Any questions feel free to ask.

Mr. Ypsi

As a die-hard Titan, but a Michigander for the last 35 years, I'll give you a FIRST assessment, since no one else has yet jumped in.

I know essentially nothing about either team in terms of specifics, but from what I've read on the various boards (and seen in the results), if the game were in Michigan, I'd (fairly) confidently pick Albion.  Since it is in Decatur, I'll (nervously) pick the Blue.

Oddly enough, I don't even have waves of nausea when supporting Millikin - I MUST be getting old and mellow!  :o

AlbionCollegeBrits

Quote from: blue_balls on September 19, 2005, 11:47:33 PM
MIAA people.....
Tell me about Albion....How does Millikin stack up with them?  I know last year they played a pretty tough game with Albion getting the win up in Michigan...Should be a good game I'd imagine.

They didnt beat Albion last year, actually Albion beat Millikin I believe like 31-26 or something like that.  I was at the game.  I dont know which game you were watching lol.......but anyway......its gonna be a tough game for Albion at Decatur, we'll just see what happens when Saturday rolls around.     

Pat Coleman

That's what he said, with Albion getting the win up in Michigan.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

formerd3db

Mugsy:  See my reply a couple posts above you on the MIAA board and I posted the same comments on the NCAC board as I recall in reply to another poster (I'm short on time right now, so can't check those, but you can scroll back on those).  Thanks for your comments.  Good luck to your team, except against us! :)

I think that Albion will have a tough time at Decatur this weekend.  The Big Blue is a better team this year than last from what I've heard.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Mugsy

formerd3db,
Ah yes... sorry I didn't see them.  I just kinda cut & pasted my CCIW post here without perusing the MIAA board enough.  Thanks for your insights.

I should be at the game on Saturday.  If so, I'll do my best to post objective comments on the game.
Wheaton Football: CCIW Champs: 1950, 1953-1959, 1995, 2000, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2019

formerd3db

Mugsy:
It would be great to meet you at the game Sat, however, I have a previous longtime other commitment that prevents me from going to the game.  Anyway, HOPE you enjoy the day! ;D

blue_balls

Thamks fellas for helping the lad from Albion with his reading assignment ..hahaha GO BIG BLUE
Chicago State University Baseball.....A new beginning, turning around one of the worst Division 1 baseball programs starts right now....Any questions feel free to ask.

rome

Dominic!!!!

You Suck..You Jack Arse.

You have taken the winning lottery ticket- errr a great offense and fantastic coaches and run them both out of town.

Dominic!!!

You are worthless and weak...
now drop your HC title and give me twenty!!!

I can picture it now...
"you say, 401 on the ground a game and 40 + points...nah, I have a better idea..."

booo Dominic...boo.

miaafbfan

BashDad

formerd3db:

Best of luck to the Flying Dutchmen at Wheaton this weekend.  Based on my visit there for the Wabash scrimmage, and on where the Hope team is hurting right now, it would appear that you will have your hands full.
Still, it happens on the field.  I hope for safe, injury-free play for both teams in what I know will be a hard fought game.