Previous topic - Next topic

bluenote

Gunna be a stellar season! Can't wait!  :-*

MUC57

Bluenote

Where ya been, big guy? Nice to hear from you. Go 'Cats!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

MRMIKESMITH

Really impressed with the NWC scheduling this upcoming year. Definitely helps with adding that extra team come playoff time. I think the experience is going to be great for the program and student athletes.

D O.C.

JOE SMITH  - LINFIELD HEAD COACH on his 2019 recruiting class...

<< I want to thank our football staff and our sports information staff for how hard they have worked and all the time that they have spent trying to identify and then enroll these young men. I also want to thank our admissions staff and financial aid officers for all they have done throughout this process as well. Thank you.

"Each year our staff combs the West Coast for young men who love football, are men of character, and have the talent to compete with the best in the country.  We believe each of these young men fit that mold.  They are coming to be pushed and developed and to see just how good they can become.  They are joining a program that has its own culture.  One that takes young men from all walks of life and joins them into one team; everyone giving up parts of themselves for the betterment of the team.  It is a culture of excellence. >>

"Gentlemen, welcome to the Catdome!"

umhb2001

Chidubem Nnoli transferring to UMHB per Twitter post from the young RB. Anyone have insight here?
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

D O.C.

d-train

I'm not sure I understand that move...but I'd imagine Whitworth is like:

D O.C.

umhb2001

Quote from: d-train on May 14, 2019, 01:50:32 PM
I'm not sure I understand that move...but I'd imagine Whitworth is like:

Love the Seinfeld Gif. What's not to understand, though? UMHB has been the stronger of the two teams for a couple of years and are trending upward. He wants a chance to win a natty and play home games in an immaculate stadium.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

bluenote

Quote from: umhb2001 on May 16, 2019, 11:16:24 PM
What's not to understand, though? UMHB has been the stronger of the two teams for a couple of years and are trending upward. He wants a chance to win a natty and play home games in an immaculate stadium.

Bye Bye!..... next man up!

MUC57

Quote from: Bluenote on May 19, 2019, 12:22:20 PM
What's not to understand, though? UMHB has been the stronger of the two teams for a couple of years and are trending upward. He wants a chance to win a natty and play home games in an immaculate stadium.

Bye Bye!..... next man up!

You tell 'em, big guy! Go 'Cats! (Raiders too)!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

d-train

What’s not to understand, though? UMHB has been the stronger of the two teams for a couple of years and are trending upward. He wants a chance to win a natty and play home games in an immaculate stadium.

Sure, I can see the potential upside from a purely football standpoint...but even there, the grass isn't always greener.

I don't know the young man or the particulars of his situation. I just know that the guys I played with for 4 years are still very important people in my life 20 years later. That would have a different feel if I played my last year somewhere else.

Oh well, it's all good. He had lots of factors to consider as he made a decision. It wasn't my call and I've engaged in too much critique already. Hopefully he has a positive experience in Belton.       

wildcat11

Quote from: d-train on May 20, 2019, 04:26:08 PM

Sure, I can see the potential upside from a purely football standpoint...but even there, the grass isn't always greener.

I don't know the young man or the particulars of his situation. I just know that the guys I played with for 4 years are still very important people in my life 20 years later. That would have a different feel if I played my last year somewhere else.

Oh well, it's all good. He had lots of factors to consider as he made a decision. It wasn't my call and I've engaged in too much critique already. Hopefully he has a positive experience in Belton.       

Wish him luck, thank him for two excellent years, and now we move on to an exciting 2019 for the 'Cats!

D O.C.

And I'll thank him for that 1 (one) year he put in at Southern Oregon University.

d-train

Congrats to the whole Rutschman family on Adley's MLB selection - wow!