BB: General New England Discussion

Started by Paul Heering, February 14, 2007, 06:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSCfan

A win is a win should be the case but we all know that teams that make runs at the end of the year look better than early season runs, look at RIC in the LEC.  I would like to see Curry in, and i think that they deserve to be in, however they had thier chance to win thier conference and screwy things happen when you leave your fate in the hands of other people.  WIn the AQ and its a mute point, Curry now has to worry because they didnt get the job done!! Im not hating on Curry or Wheaton for that matter, just if both teams had taken care of business they wouldnt have to worry.

moc323

D3Baseballnut----well said....end of discussion...(ok, I doubt that, but:)))  34-7 along with a solid regional record....should be a no-brainer. 

Paul Heering

To clarify my earlier comment. 

I meant the time on the calendar that the win took place should not effect how important the win is/was. 

Of course in any level of college when you get to playoff bids, the level of the competition does matter that said wins came against matters.

GBear210

WPI- in
Curry -out
Wheaton - out

Common guys, there has to be another pool team with a better story than Curry & Wheaton!
I think there's too much New England tunnel vision going on here.

Others? ???

GBear210

How about the team Johns Hopkins slid by due to rain today?
Talk about back-dooring into the tourney...
Wheaton & Curry are doing the rain dance!!! :D

d3baseballnut

Quote from: GBear210 on May 05, 2009, 08:34:49 PM
WPI- in
Curry -out
Wheaton - out

Common guys, there has to be another pool team with a better story than Curry & Wheaton!

Others? ???

I don't think 34-7 is tunnel vision....its the 5th best winning percentage in d3 baseball

d3baseballnut

Quote from: GBear210 on May 05, 2009, 08:40:36 PM
How about the team Johns Hopkins slid by due to rain today?
Talk about back-dooring into the tourney...
Wheaton & Curry are doing the rain dance!!! :D

Dude...ppl are hating on Hopkins...they were the team that had to be beat twice...that was not exactly likely to happen. Plus, that rule almost turned out to hurt them as well. They didnt finagle their way in.....they didnt make the rule.

GBear210

d3baseballnut,

Need a little cheese with that Wheaton wine?

TheGNAC

Quote from: GBear210 on May 05, 2009, 08:34:49 PM
WPI- in
Curry -out
Wheaton - out

Others? ???

Tunnel vision? The New England region is the deepest region in the nation, hands down. No shot NE is awarded just one at-large bid.

And honestly, Curry has a much better argument over WPI. I don't care that they beat Wheaton 2x and Trinity, they won 8 less  games than Curry.

Curry - In
WPI/Wheaton - One in, one out

d3baseballnut

Quote from: GBear210 on May 05, 2009, 08:50:44 PM
d3baseballnut,

Need a little cheese with that Wheaton wine?

whatever...you guys have no shot against Southern Maine and ECSU :P

GBear210

The GNAC,

WNEC pounded Curry 2 out of 3 games and should have had the other xtra inning game.  We're talking about "no respect" WNEC!

Curry - out

GBear210

d2baseball nut,

Did WNEC and ECSU play this year?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: GBear210 on May 05, 2009, 09:01:02 PM
d2baseball nut,

Welcome...

click here.

http://www.d3baseball.com/

On the left side rail, at the top, click over New England Region.

Find ECSU and click.

Then click on the ECSU "Official Web Site".

You will find the schedule on the school's web site.

TheGNAC

Quote from: GBear210 on May 05, 2009, 08:58:34 PM
The GNAC,

WNEC pounded Curry 2 out of 3 games and should have had the other xtra inning game.  We're talking about "no respect" WNEC!

Curry - out

I understand you're a proud parent of a WNEC player (hint: try hiding your e-mail address in your profile if you'd like true anonymity), but in my opinion that clouds your judgment a bit. I'm an impartial viewer, and the fact remains that Curry's body of work trumps 2 losses to WNEC, a very good team in it's own right. As D3Nut said, Curry's winning percentage is 5th in the nation... 5th! You simply cannot leave them out of the regionals, especially in favor of a less deserving team in Wheaton or WPI.

d3baseballnut

Quote from: GBear210 on May 05, 2009, 09:01:02 PM
d2baseball nut,

prove it to me in the tournament.....you plow through everyone there...then ill listen.

Having played in several regionals, that is where the big teams come to play