MBB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 22, 2005, 12:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

I think the people at Southwestern have a realistic view of their season.

BedtimeForBonzo

I have to say that I am impressed at the savvy of the D3hoops.com panel in picking a non-Final Four team as the #3 team in the country (a decision with which I fully agree, natch http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>).  A hearty "well-done" to the team that Pat pulled together.

Carl Weathers

Pat, You are right.  You will have to forgive Ralph Turner for his Texascentric ways.

Carl Weathers

Congrats to Sean Devins (1st Team NABC All-South Region) and Peter Murray (2nd Team NABC All-South Region).  I guess the coaches put a little more credit in winning than the SIDs who seemed to get caught up in voting for big numbers.

Herb

C'mon Carl,  
You know you love everything about Texas, especially the basketball.

BedtimeForBonzo

I believe the coaches also had the benefit of voting after at least some of the playoffs were underway.  Makes a big difference.

Carl Weathers

Noticeed that Hendrix was advertising for an assitant men's basketball coach.  I guess that means that Jason Rhodes has left Hendrix.  Best of luck to Jason.  He is a great guy who worked really hard for his alma mater and did a really good job with the Hendrix team in 03-04 in an impossible situation.  I am sure he will be missed in Conway.  

The older folk around the league will tell you that Jason was a great player as well.  Never saw him play but apparently he had major game.

Yan Wesle

BedtimeForBonzo

This sounds like a troll, but Hendrix is a small school (1100) with high academic standards in a pretty out-of-the way location.  It's pretty deadly combination for recruiting student athletes.

Kelly Secrease

Coach Rhodes will be missed by both players and their families.  Coach Rhodes entered my son's life during his senior year in high school, attending many of his games which were mostly two hours from Hendrix.  This kept him away from his family and greatly impressed upon ours.  He has had an open phone for anything our family or Matt needs to discuss with him.  He will be truely missed. Hendrix is on the way up and we really hoped Coach Rhodes would continue to be a big part of that.  Matt Secrease ended the season tied for fourth in the nation in 3 point shots in d3 plus ended the season with pretty nice stats in the scac.  He played the last 10 games with a fractured hand which he injured during a game at Rust College.  Coach Rhodes was a big motivating factor in Matt's success this year.  He's going to be hard to replace and be sorely missed.

Pat Coleman

News of importance to SCAC fans on the front page.

hopefan

OK, now lets get Wabash back with Depauw in the SCAC - and another thought, did Thomas More blow it by going to the President's?  Wouldnt the SCAC, or the HCAC, or even the NCAC have been a better fit for them?
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Pat Coleman

Thomas More wasn't welcome in the HCAC. That's the league they wanted to be in.

Warren Thompson

Thomas More was not 'welcome' because of ... what?

Scott Fendley

No way Wabash goes down south. DePauw would need to go to the NCAC.