FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scots13

Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

CMR

Quote from: y_jack_lok on September 17, 2016, 04:02:09 PM
Quote from: hasanova on September 17, 2016, 03:58:02 PM
Looks as though the USASAC is poised to take the ODAC today.  If the scores hold up, it's 3-1 with Guilford at Averett still to go at 6.

Final: R-MC 34, Methodist 16. Is that the "1" in your 3-1? Never mind. I see that it is. Wasn't sure if Ferrum was USAASC. Hope GC can make it 3-2.
MC was a worthy opponent, with a good passing game.  RMC loses two fumbles in red zone, keeping it close.  Solid game for RMC with almost 500 yards in offense.

y_jack_lok

^^^ Methodist hurt itself with penalties in critical situations -- one cost them a TD. Jackets not penalized much. Seem to be playing pretty well disciplined football.

CMR

Quote from: y_jack_lok on September 17, 2016, 04:33:15 PM
^^^ Methodist hurt itself with penalties in critical situations -- one cost them a TD. Jackets not penalized much. Seem to be playing pretty well disciplined football.
No doubt, RMC has been the more level headed and more disciplined team in the last two games, seems to be a lot of confidence in their ability to execute on offense and defense.

CMR

In what world is Catholic 3-0 and HSC 0-3?

Pat Coleman

The world of 1999 revisited, apparently.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

CMR

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 17, 2016, 06:04:10 PM
Touche'.  I could count on a CU grad to know!

jknezek

W &L kills themselves. You can't win with 2 blocked punts and 3 lost fumbles. Too many mistakes. Defense is too soft. Could be a long season. Congratulations to CMS. They didn't give up and just kept hammering away.

HSCTiger74

Quote from: jknezek on September 17, 2016, 07:53:36 PM
W &L kills themselves. You can't win with 2 blocked punts and 3 lost fumbles. Too many mistakes. Defense is too soft. Could be a long season. Congratulations to CMS. They didn't give up and just kept hammering away.

Yeah, tell me about it.   :P
TANSTAAFL

hasanova

Final in Danville:  Guilford 30, Averett 28

The Quakers were a bit flat, but kudos to the Cougars for playing inspired football.  The game was a little chippy at times, but overall well played.  AU's new stadium upgrades are nice and were dedicated during halftime.  The Quakers came from behind at 7-14 and then went up 20-14, 23-21 and 30-21.  Averett scored with about 3 minutes to go and after that Guilford was able to move the ball and run out the clock. 

We're 3-0, but glad there are 2 weeks to work on a few things. 

Steve

Just got back from RMC/Methodist game. Let me just say that RMC is a very good Team. There offense is really good but they need to shore up the defense. Methodist drop several TD passes in the first half. One was clearly pass interference but was not call. They also had one TD call back for holding which also was a bad call by the ref. The defense was line up in the neutral zone. As soon as the ball was snapped the ref threw the flag and somehow how they call a hold. Second half both teams play better defense but every time Methodist was moving the ball or had a big play the refs would throw a flag. Home field advantage I guess! I know everyone always complains about the reps but these guys control the outcome. D3 football teams and players play for the love of the game and the refs need to let the kids control the out come. Just to let you I was not the only one upset with these calls. I spent most of the game with a RMC fan and after several of these bad calls he started cheering for Methodist.

Birddawg79

Quote from: jknezek on September 17, 2016, 07:53:36 PM

Had some positive things happening today but the injury monkey is on our back and just can't shake him off. Lot of young guys getting playing time right now. Hopefully a week off will help and allow us to get healthy at some key spots.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: CMR on September 17, 2016, 06:13:02 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 17, 2016, 06:04:10 PM
Touche'.  I could count on a CU grad to know!

That doesn't hurt, but I do know things about other D-III schools, too. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hasanova

Guilford's SID Dave Walters did some research and found last night's win at Averett is a new school record ninth consecutive win for the Quakers, breaking the record of eight dating back to the 1928-29 seasons.  Knew we were getting close because I could only remember about seven in a row in my memory.  Go Quakers!

hasanova

Quote from: y_jack_lok on September 17, 2016, 04:02:09 PM
Quote from: hasanova on September 17, 2016, 03:58:02 PM
Looks as though the USASAC is poised to take the ODAC today.  If the scores hold up, it's 3-1 with Guilford at Averett still to go at 6.

Final: R-MC 34, Methodist 16. Is that the "1" in your 3-1? Never mind. I see that it is. Wasn't sure if Ferrum was USAASC. Hope GC can make it 3-2.h
Yes, it was.  As you say, Ferrum is USASAC.  Quakers did raise it to 2 out of 5 versus the USASAC, but the ODAC was a disappointing 3-5 on the day with CUA winning and BC and W&L losing.  Overall, a rather lackluster 14-10 OOC.  Oh well, on to conference play!