FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGPugh

Hawks and jknezek

we are nearly washed out in Waverly, oddly warm, but safe. :D

Yall keep the dfaith, stay safe
Go Hawks
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

jknezek

Quote from: DGPugh on December 25, 2015, 02:57:23 PM
Hawks and jknezek

we are nearly washed out in Waverly, oddly warm, but safe. :D

Yall keep the dfaith, stay safe
Go Hawks

My house is good. Whoever built it did a nice job of routing water around it as it comes off the high spots. Neighborhood looks ok but was nosing around highway 119 not far away and a lot of water up above doorsteps. You all stay safe and dry.

Scots13

CJ Goss resigned his post at Methodist. Narch, what happened? Any insight?
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Scots13

Finally pieced together the 2016 schedule for MC. Conference games, at Berry, EHC at home, and.......at Hanover. Not sure what to think of it. Hopefully it's just for this year and we pick up another game from the SAA or ODAC.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Pat Coleman

Yep -- what we have on the site is what we know. A lot of USA South teams have not posted schedules yet.

http://www.d3football.com/teams/Maryville_(Tenn.)/2016/index
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Scots13

I had a good idea about 9 of 10 this year. I spent a good 2 hours the other day looking up other South Region team's schedules to see if MC was on it. Berry and E&H are shoe in's for the years to come.

Playing a team like Hanover at Hanover is the price to pay for playing up a division/having a fluke game breaking up home and home series I guess. (It wasn't long ago since MC found itself in Hanover's current position. I hope that didn't come off belittling.)

Oh well. I guess I'll have to visit Hoosierland in September.

NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Hawks88

Huntingdon's schedule is pretty much the same as last year but with the home and away swapped. The only difference is Belhaven moved from week 4 to week 3 with the open date going from week 3 to week 4. I believe I was told that we are locked in to LC and BSC for the first two games for the near future and Belhaven drops off next year to make room for Brevard.

jknezek

Quote from: Hawks88 on April 05, 2016, 08:49:31 AM
Huntingdon's schedule is pretty much the same as last year but with the home and away swapped. The only difference is Belhaven moved from week 4 to week 3 with the open date going from week 3 to week 4. I believe I was told that we are locked in to LC and BSC for the first two games for the near future and Belhaven drops off next year to make room for Brevard.

I'm just glad the BSC-HC games are back. The year or two those went missing was inexplicable to me. There are 2 D3 teams in AL. That should be a natural OOC rivalry!

Scots13

Looks like the USAC is adding two more schools in '17. NAIA's Berea (KY) and D2's Pfeiffer (NC). I think that makes the total to 18 in '18. 9 will be football schools with Brevard (NC) jumping down to D3. Berea and Pfeiffer don't field a football team (that I'm aware of).

Any thoughts on this? Too much, too few, just right? Will the conference start sponsoring more sports? Will the "require" the members to add more sports (like LAX, field hockey, track)?
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

hasanova

Greensboro only shows a 9-game schedule.  Is that it or are they still trying to find a game for one of the two open dates on 10-Sept and 24-Sept?  I think they played Bridgewater (VA) the 2nd week in 2015, but the Eagles have Thomas More lined up for 2016.

HSCTiger74

Quote from: hasanova on May 06, 2016, 06:20:28 PM
Greensboro only shows a 9-game schedule.  Is that it or are they still trying to find a game for one of the two open dates on 10-Sept and 24-Sept?  I think they played Bridgewater (VA) the 2nd week in 2015, but the Eagles have Thomas More lined up for 2016.

Yowza! That's a pretty extreme upgrade.
TANSTAAFL

scottiedoug

18 teams seems like too many for sports which all 18 field. In basketball, for instance, some teams, especially in different divisions, will not play each other until the conference tournament.

hasanova

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on May 06, 2016, 06:48:48 PM
Quote from: hasanova on May 06, 2016, 06:20:28 PM

Yowza! That's a pretty extreme upgrade.
You're right ... it will be interesting to see the score!  I think the only saving grace may be it's a home game for the Eagles.

jknezek

Quote from: scottiedoug on May 07, 2016, 12:00:14 PM
18 teams seems like too many for sports which all 18 field. In basketball, for instance, some teams, especially in different divisions, will not play each other until the conference tournament.

I agree with this. That is a huge number. I think some of the ODAC women's sports are stuffed, but 18 is more than any of them. But, if it gets you an AQ in other sports it can be a trade off worth making. I like the Brevard and Pfeiffer pick ups for the conference. Berea makes for a lot of 300-400 mile road trips. That's quite a haul to do on a regular basis. Love Berea as a college, not sure I love them as a USASAC member.

scottiedoug

Maryville is the only USASouth school close to Berea.  I can not imagine what the league Presidents were thinking. I assume they know about travel budgets and time spent on busses....