FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerFanAlso2

I hope you had your favorite beverage with you as while enjoying the view from your roof top

hasanova

Does E&H really average 5496 fans per game (see attendance story on d3football.com front page)?   E&H has a small student body and is in the middle of nowhere.  I just don't see how they are in 3rd place in DIII attendance.  Is the AD "guessing" or do they actually count tickets?  #NotBee-LievingTheWasps   

jknezek

They showed 4400 for the W&L game last year. I was there and I doubt there were 3000 in the stadium. E&H does sell and collect tickets so they should be accurate but I think there is some inflation.

jknezek

I just looked at the article and I'm calling b.s. on a lot of those numbers. I've been to Sewanee probably 5 or 6 times for W&L games. I doubt I've ever seen 3500 people in the stands.

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on June 17, 2016, 06:01:46 PM
They showed 4400 for the W&L game last year. I was there and I doubt there were 3000 in the stadium. E&H does sell and collect tickets so they should be accurate but I think there is some inflation.
I've been to GC games at E&H (granted, Guilford is not a Virginia-based rival, but they were games with ODAC and playoff implications on the line).  The announced attendance was not what I think attended.  If they had shot one of those t-shirt cannons into sections of the stands, I think you could still find a t-shirt that reads "Wasps - feel the buzz in '14" (or '12).

CMR

Quote from: hasanova on June 19, 2016, 05:38:22 PM
I've been to GC games at E&H (granted, Guilford is not a Virginia-based rival, but they were games with ODAC and playoff implications on the line).  The announced attendance was not what I think attended.  If they had shot one of those t-shirt cannons into sections of the stands, I think you could still find a t-shirt that reads "Wasps - feel the buzz in '14" (or '12).

Totally agree.  Reading the online Sports articles for EHC can be entertaining, as well.  EHC can lose a baseball game 25-1, but their headline will read "Wasps wins 3rd inning, 1-0"

hasanova

Quote from: CMR on June 20, 2016, 08:17:00 AM
Quote from: hasanova on June 19, 2016, 05:38:22 PM

Totally agree.  Reading the online Sports articles for EHC can be entertaining, as well.  EHC can lose a baseball game 25-1, but their headline will read "Wasps wins 3rd inning, 1-0"
+1 CMR Made me laugh.  lol  Reminds me of an old story about a dual track meet between the USA and the USSR in Russia during the cold war.  The Americans crushed the Russians, but the Soviet headlines read "USSR Finishes Strong Second ... Americans Finish Next to Last."  lol

GillCJ1

Thanks for the laugh this morning, fellas.  Here's another one that always make me smile (even if it was a joke and/or had a "hidden" meaning):

Sorry for the OT post!  :)
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

hscathletics

Well Adam Smith from Guilford just tweeted that he is the new WR coach at H-SC.

https://twitter.com/AdamSmiff7/status/748579763292372992

hasanova

Quote from: hscathletics on June 30, 2016, 02:14:28 PM
Well Adam Smith from Guilford just tweeted that he is the new WR coach at H-SC.

https://twitter.com/AdamSmiff7/status/748579763292372992
Wow!  I knew Adam was hoping to get a shot with a professional team, but he'll be a great coach for the Tigers.  Can't say enough about how he represented the Quakers on and off the field ... and man, could he get open!  Best of luck 9 games this fall, Adam!

tigerFanAlso2

damn, the enemy has crossed the border and joined ranks with the tigers. not sure I approve but obviously nobody asked my opinion !!!

jknezek

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on July 01, 2016, 12:39:21 PM
damn, the enemy has crossed the border and joined ranks with the tigers. not sure I approve but obviously nobody asked my opinion !!!

Given the amount of crossover among the ODAC coaching staffs in various sports, though especially basketball it seems, I doubt this is the first time the Tigers have taken a former opponent into their coaching staff. Besides, he got the last laugh on the field even if HSC got the most laughs during his playing years. Perhaps HSC can consult him on how to start a new streak...  ;D

hasanova

Quote from: jknezek on July 01, 2016, 12:59:24 PM
Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on July 01, 2016, 12:39:21 PM

Given the amount of crossover among the ODAC coaching staffs in various sports, though especially basketball it seems, I doubt this is the first time the Tigers have taken a former opponent into their coaching staff. Besides, he got the last laugh on the field even if HSC got the most laughs during his playing years. Perhaps HSC can consult him on how to start a new streak...  ;D
How about former Quaker and National POY Tyler Sanborn in hoops ... that one hurts too.  And GC HC Tom Palombo is a VWC grad.  All kidding aside, congratulations to all on their start into coaching as a profession.

tigerFanAlso2

Tyler is a fine young man .... just hope he can help turn our program from average back to being good .... assuming that is possible

HSCTiger fan

Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"