FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bman

Since it's Tuesday AND this is the LL board, I felt this was appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SncapPrTusA

ITH radio

Twitterverse is buzzing re RPI finally ending their coaching search.  Rumors says Ferrum OC to be the successful candidate.  5th HC for the Engineers in 21 months.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ITH radio on March 07, 2013, 06:41:26 PM
Twitterverse is buzzing re RPI finally ending their coaching search.  Rumors says Ferrum OC to be the successful candidate.  5th HC for the Engineers in 21 months.

Well, we had two independent sources on it, so we tweeted it. Yep. Did we create some buzz? :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Frank Rossi

Technically, the sixth in 26 months:

King - Retired Jan. 2011
Surace - Assumed HC Duties on Interim Basis until Mar. 2011
Landis - Mar. 2011 until Feb. 2012
Falbo - Feb. 2012 until Jun. 2012
Bodor - Jun. 2012 until Mar. 2013
Isernia - As of Mar. 2013

Of course, this assumes the rumors are true.  The choice is an interesting one -- you would think the school would lean toward someone with one of two (if not both) characteristics in its choice:  1) connections to RPI and/or its alumni; or 2) national, perhaps upper-division or playoff, head coaching experience.  It doesn't appear either is present here, but he does have some time at schools in the FCS (according to LinkedIN, University of Charleston, Bucknell University, and Mansfield University of Pennsylvania).

No matter what, he has an interesting future with Mike Hermann's and several other strong players' graduations and nobody really primed to fill Hermann's shoes.  That said, Union had a very good sophomore quarterback waiting in the wings in Connor Eck, so there may be someone that good who paid their freshman dues at RPI.  I'm hoping and praying for everyone concerned that we've turned to the final chapter in this bizarre chain of circumstances, as these last two years have been tough for consistency's sake and player/fan confidence.  Time to look forward finally without any speedbumps in the way, I hope.

ITH radio

dlippiel

Isernia is in and we shall see if it's a fit. Dlip hopes this move works out for the Engineers ( Isernia as well) and  finally brings some consistency back to RPI football. Best of luck.

formerd3db

Quote from: dlip on March 09, 2013, 10:03:50 AM
Isernia is in and we shall see if it's a fit. Dlip hopes this move works out for the Engineers ( Isernia as well) and  finally brings some consistency back to RPI football. Best of luck.
Quote from: ITH radio on March 08, 2013, 01:45:23 PM
Isernia officially announced about 30-60 minutes ago.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/2013/3/8/FB_0308135012.aspx?path=football
Quote from: Frank Rossi on March 08, 2013, 09:55:26 AM

Technically, the sixth in 26 months:

King - Retired Jan. 2011
Surace - Assumed HC Duties on Interim Basis until Mar. 2011
Landis - Mar. 2011 until Feb. 2012
Falbo - Feb. 2012 until Jun. 2012
Bodor - Jun. 2012 until Mar. 2013
Isernia - As of Mar. 2013

Of course, this assumes the rumors are true.  The choice is an interesting one -- you would think the school would lean toward someone with one of two (if not both) characteristics in its choice:  1) connections to RPI and/or its alumni; or 2) national, perhaps upper-division or playoff, head coaching experience.  It doesn't appear either is present here, but he does have some time at schools in the FCS (according to LinkedIN, University of Charleston, Bucknell University, and Mansfield University of Pennsylvania).

No matter what, he has an interesting future with Mike Hermann's and several other strong players' graduations and nobody really primed to fill Hermann's shoes.  That said, Union had a very good sophomore quarterback waiting in the wings in Connor Eck, so there may be someone that good who paid their freshman dues at RPI.  I'm hoping and praying for everyone concerned that we've turned to the final chapter in this bizarre chain of circumstances, as these last two years have been tough for consistency's sake and player/fan confidence.  Time to look forward finally without any speedbumps in the way, I hope.
Quote from: dlip on March 09, 2013, 10:03:50 AM

I noticed the announcement, have been reading the releases and also checking on related aspects.  Some of this i.e. my question(s) is/are tangential, however, I am interested to hear your opinions and further info, if you know.  First, I hope that Isernia will bring some stability to the RPI program - as all of you have mentioned, having 5 coaches in 21 months regardless of how short the timeframe was does not lend to stability.  I wish him, the players and you alum all the best for a successful and long(er) tenure.

Second, just out of curiosity, aside from Falbo choosing to go to DII, why did the other coaches leave?  Was there some underlying problem between them and the administration or did they just simply decide they wanted to go to other places also?  I attempted to check on the internet, however, have been unable to find out where Landis and Bodor are now, if they are coaching at all.  I recall Bodor since he coached at Albion for 5 years in our MIAA before he was HC at Colorado College until CC unfortunately dropped their program (he coached for one year in Hawaii at the h.s. level as you know before coming to your RPI - which must have been a great experience for he and his family for one year, but this moving around has to take a toll on families to some degree).  Anyway, was Bodor in the running for the HC or did he choose to leave?

My apologies for all the questions, however, I was just curious.  It is interesting to follow the Coaching Carousel, which Pat provides here and also to follow the same for the other NCAA divisions.  Thanks.

P.S. BTW, great stadium at RPI - it has that look and feel of a DI stadium, kind of like Western Kentucky on a smaller scale.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

ITH radio

The King retirement was somewhat of a surprise and there were rumors around whether he was forced out or not, but ultimately "Kinger" decided to hang it up and a national search ensued which Landis ultimately filled.  Landis' departure was covered here (includes RPI's official press release):

http://gohobart.blogspot.com/2012/02/rpi-head-coach-resigns-after-one-season.html

When we interviewed Coach Bodor on the 9/2 episode of ITH we touched on how he would be in the running for the job.  Realistically a 5-4 season, with three straight loses to close out the year, with a team of 21 SRs probably didn't earn him any fans in the alumni and/or administrative ranks.  The Bodor segment starts about 61 minutes in to the podcast linked below:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ith/2012/09/02/in-the-huddlle--liberty-league-football-talk-show

While no official announcement has been made regarding Bodor's status, best guess is he'll move on.  Whatever happens, we wish him the best.  He stepped into a tough situation and handled it with class.

dlippiel

To piggy back on ITH Landis left for personal reasons. He had some things going on in his personal life that had to be straigtened out. dlip hopes all is well with him and has no idea if he will resume his coaching career.

As far as his brief time at RPI dlip really didn't feel like he was able to put his signature on much of anything over in Troy. It just seemed like he was in and out and that was that. Although coming from a Union fan dlip asks you to take this with a grain of salt. Some of the others on here (RPI Alum) may be able to offer some better insight and provide some more specifics into what worked and didn't work for him as far as his coaching went.

Either way dlip thinks we all can agree that we hope this new hire gets RPI on the right track and brings back some type of consistency for the college located in the Troylet.

Frank Rossi

Quote from: dlip on March 10, 2013, 08:48:10 AM
To piggy back on ITH Landis left for personal reasons. He had some things going on in his personal life that had to be straigtened out. dlip hopes all is well with him and has no idea if he will resume his coaching career.

As far as his brief time at RPI dlip really didn't feel like he was able to put his signature on much of anything over in Troy. It just seemed like he was in and out and that was that. Although coming from a Union fan dlip asks you to take this with a grain of salt. Some of the others on here (RPI Alum) may be able to offer some better insight and provide some more specifics into what worked and didn't work for him as far as his coaching went.

Either way dlip thinks we all can agree that we hope this new hire gets RPI on the right track and brings back some type of consistency for the college located in the Troylet.

In an odd twist, Isernia was an assistant coach for Bucknell for a year or so under Head Coach Tim Landis.  While Isernia played football at Davidson, Landis's first head coaching location, Isernia graduated a couple seasons before Landis arrived.

dlippiel

dlip had a LLPP moment at work today. While in the ******* he realized that since a discussion many of us had on here about public toilets one or two years ago dlip has not laid a finger on any part of a urinal and/or toilet since. Posters shared their thoughts from openly and cofortably ****ting in any public restroom to using their feet to move seats and flush. dlip adopted this technique and has used it effectively since then. He thought of it today while lifting a toilet seat with his boot. "Ah, dlip knows where the **** he learned this...the LLPP bitch!"

dlip can say he has learned more about the important things in life besides just football on these boards. What a resource!!!! 8-)

TheGrove

Quote from: dlip on March 20, 2013, 02:58:34 PM
dlip had a LLPP moment at work today. While in the ******* he realized that since a discussion many of us had on here about public toilets one or two years ago dlip has not laid a finger on any part of a urinal and/or toilet since. Posters shared their thoughts from openly and cofortably ****ting in any public restroom to using their feet to move seats and flush. dlip adopted this technique and has used it effectively since then. He thought of it today while lifting a toilet seat with his boot. "Ah, dlip knows where the **** he learned this...the LLPP bitch!"

dlip can say he has learned more about the important things in life besides just football on these boards. What a resource!!!! 8-)

+k for sharing the LLPP knowledge.  ;D

Frank Rossi

mattvsmith

Quote from: Frank Rossi on March 24, 2013, 03:17:45 PM
Received an interesting video from Señor RedTackle today:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kQUflJxA3GQ&feature=youtu.be&a=&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkQUflJxA3GQ%26feature%3Dyoutu.be%26a

While it is tougher than my mother's steak for a D3 player to make it to the NFL, I pray that Mike Herman makes it. As a Hobart fan, I dreaded seeing him take the field. He is a great athlete.

ITH radio

Interesting stuff.  Tweeted out the link.  Good luck Mike!