FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kehresma

^^ yep... Espn guys didnt  have a pronunciation guide for players' ( or LK's) names either, including no ability to "sound it out." But my favorite grin came from a prolonged camera shot of Lattimore on the sideline as the guy said, "there's Junior Collins there."

No real harm... I guess... but a little peeving if you're one of the two misidentified young men. ???

D O.C.

I'll be danged if MU didn't win the NAIA Championship too!

Kehresma

Quote from: jaypeter on December 13, 2012, 02:53:33 PM
Quote from: desertraider on December 13, 2012, 02:04:00 PM
Well since I can't get to Salem - it looks like I may head over to Stamper's in Fairview Park to see the game. Got an email on the Mount Union server that several alums/friends are have gatherings for the game. The link is below (hope it works) in case any are interested.
http://alumni.mountunion.edu/page.aspx?pid=598

It's killing me that I can't make it either, especially since I'm in fairly easy driving distance.  Got an email about a gathering here in Charlotte, NC and last I saw there were about 5 that had RSVP'd they'd be at that.  Unfortunately I've got a church thing tomorrow night so really can't make the gathering either.  But, I'll be DVR'ing it and watching as soon as I get home.  Hopefully I'll be able to avoid sneaking a glimpse at the score before the recording has reset to the beginning of the game!

Also finally getting a chance to watch the semifinal game this evening after I get home.  From the comments of others, it sounds like even knowing the outcome won't take a lot away from watching it almost a week later!

Yep, stuck here too-- first time in six Staggs. Thank you, ESPN. Gotta work. Told Mike not to text me, so I can watch the DVR'd game when I get home.

Go Raiders.  Safe travels, all. And have fun. 

wesleydad

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on December 13, 2012, 04:16:54 PM
No Salem for me either!   >:(

I could not get a client to reschedule a meeting for today or Monday, so I am stuck in North Canton.

Two years in a row....it's just not right!

If anyone in Stark County wants to gather, I will have the game on the big screen, with a few "snacks" and libations to offer.  Skunk & Jr. will be here as well.

GO MOUNT!

dude, that sucks.  no stone station, no skunksidekick.  might as well just stay home.  NOT.  will miss you guys, but so many other great peeps going to be there that i will be getting up at 230 or so and getting in the car for the 6 hour drive to hang out and share some good times.  the game could be a good one, but in the end it is the friends that i get to see only once or twice a year that make it worth while.  see you all about 9 or so.  mt fan, cant come without some food so i made a black bean and corn salsa for the folks to snack on while you cook up the good stuff. 

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: SaintsFAN on December 13, 2012, 09:16:52 PM

I could not get a client to reschedule a meeting for today or Monday, so I am stuck in North Canton.

If anyone in Stark County wants to gather, I will have the game on the big screen, with a few "snacks" and libations to offer.  Skunk & Jr. will be here as well.

GO MOUNT!

I'm sorry to hear this, SS. I will be at my company's Christmas Party. If you want to text updates, I'd be very much obliged.

Tell Jr and skunks we said hello..

I will keep you updated.  Have fun at the party......tell the Mrs. we all said hello, and Merry Christmas!

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: wesleydad on December 13, 2012, 10:52:07 PM

GO MOUNT!

dude, that sucks.  no stone station, no skunksidekick.  might as well just stay home.  NOT.  will miss you guys, but so many other great peeps going to be there that i will be getting up at 230 or so and getting in the car for the 6 hour drive to hang out and share some good times.  the game could be a good one, but in the end it is the friends that i get to see only once or twice a year that make it worth while.  see you all about 9 or so.  mt fan, cant come without some food so i made a black bean and corn salsa for the folks to snack on while you cook up the good stuff.

No worries.....I know you will represent!   ;D

Craft_Beermeister

Terry Pluto has a very good article on LK and his family called Mount Union football held together by Kehres family.  The article is full of highlights about Kehres family of the years and has multiple stories told by Linda and Vince and Joe Tate that provide some neat insight into Larry and things be values in life.  The article shares the story of when Larry almost left Mount Union in 1997 to take the Kent State head coach job.  From what I heard about the deal Larry gave indication to the Kent State AD that he was about ready to take the job but he wanted to sleep on it.  The next morning Larry called the AD to inform him he changed his mind and he was staying at Mount Union.

There have been many articles written about LK and his success on the football field and this article has some of that, but I found the info into the personal side of Larry and his family the most intriguing.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/12/mount_union_football_held_toge.html

RoyalPurple

Safe travels to all the Raider Nation. I should be on the road by 10 and look forward to meeting old and new friends.

Masseyratings.com gives Mount Union an 85% chance of victory and a projected 13 point margin.

Now it time for the young men to prove themselves on the field.

For the record-LK was really interested in coaching at Princeton . When he didn't make the final list there was never another mention of him going elsewhere

edward de vere

Hiram . . . . .  turned . . . . . . down . . . . . . Larry . . . . . . . Kehres.

I'm going to have to write this on a blackboard 500 times until I can get my mind around it.

D O.C.

THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU!

HScoach

^  Thanks for the links.

Sidekick, SaintsFAN, etc:   Sorry you guys can't make it.  I was in your shoes last year with work, but heading out by 8:00, assuming I can drag my 2 teenagers out of bed.  Safe travels to all.

GO MOUNT!
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Desertraider

Quote from: edward de vere on December 14, 2012, 03:21:34 AM
Hiram . . . . .  turned . . . . . . down . . . . . . Larry . . . . . . . Kehres.

I'm going to have to write this on a blackboard 500 times until I can get my mind around it.

I am sending this to the Hiram Alumni Associationand President Chema! I will have to inform them that I was wrong when I wrote to them indicating my dissatisfaction with Hiram and the decisions being made the past 10 years. Apparently they have been making bone headed, asinine decisions since the 80s! Idiots!
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

Desertraider

Had to do it before someone else did. Since 1999:
Hiram College is 13-127 for a LOSING % of 90.8%
Mount Union is 193-8 for a WINNING % of 96%

Hiram has been as dormant as Mount has been dominant. Funny when you think that Mount won more games this year than Hiram has won since 1999.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

raiderpa

Attended, graduated and been to all Mount games since 1973, have never heard the Hiram story.  THAT is unbelievable and a classic to be laughed about.  How history may have changed...Can you imagine Hiram with a few national championships?
BTW, I see the Wooster coach stepped down, Maybe the next guy will have some stones and schedule Mount.  It was always a great rivalry.
Just getting ready to hit I-77 south, GO RAIDERS and safe travels to all.