MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scots Hoops Fan

Toph, the rips on the NCAC are getting tired, that's all.  I don't remember anyone claiming that the NCAC was a great conference because they have 2 very good teams.  The fact that the NCAC may not be a great conference still does not diminish the fact that Wooster and Wittenberg run outsanding programs.  After all, they are 1st and 2nd (Wooster is now tied with IWU) in all-time wins in DIII and the vast majority of those wins came before the NCAC was in exhistence.  

Bottom line is this.  First, I don't know where you came across anyone that would claim the NCAC is a great conference because of 2 good teams.  That's humorous right there.  Secondly, the NCAC seems to be making strides in becoming more competitive.  Just looking at the All-NCAC teams will tell you that.  There were only 4 seniors that made the All-conference teams.  There were no seniors on the 1st team, 3 seniors on the 2nd team and only 1 senior making honorable mention.  That tells me that there are a lot of good players that will be back next year to make the NCAC even more competitive.  Will it be OAC competitive?  Of course not and there aren't many conferences in the country that could say that.  But, compared to what the NCAC has been like, I'll take any improvement over none at all!!!

Toph

SHF-
I was merely making a point, I wasn't trying to disprove a claim from a poster from the NCAC.  I used the NCAC as an example that two teams don't make a great conference  (Read andrew tyrese's post, if you can and you'll understand what I was trying to say).  It wasn't an insult on my part.

jf714

Johnny C,

Even though you appear to be headed in the proper direction in life by going to the fine institution that is John Carroll University, you need to be set straight.  

OldKnight and Realist are right - Mike Turner of Albion is one of the good guys. Yes, Albion's gym is on the small side, but the people there are top notch.

Toph

If anyone would like an MP3 of the last 20 minutes of the WJCU broadcast for Albion and JCU let me know, I can email it.

johnnycarroll

When did I ever rip on the people of Albion? I only ripped the timekeeper and the officials for letting him get away with adding an unnecessary .7 seconds onto the clock. And, well, I think I'm heading into the direction of going to Syracuse. I just got my acceptance letter on Saturday and am striving to be a broadcaster. Toph, any tips? http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Pat Coleman

Toph,

I would like it, please. We can definitely find use for it.

mailto:info@d3hoops.com">info@d3hoops.com

Also if you have a highlight or two from the early-round games, I believe we would be able to find a place for them.

Toph

Johhny C-
Learn the names, do plenty of research, you'll do fine.  If you listen to my broadcasts you'll find plenty of faults (I say the word "unbelieveable" about 7 or 8 times in 20 minutes of that clip for example), so don't use me, I'm still refining my work.

Pat-  
email forthcoming.

Pat Coleman

Toph

JF-
I was born in Napoleon.  How long have you lived there?

Pat-
I assume that means you got the email, I wasn't sure if it was sent, I ran out of space in my box, so I wasn't sure if it went through.

Pat Coleman

Yeah, I got it. I don't know how it got through at 7.8 MB but it arrived!

jf714

Toph,

Aside from the 4 years of college, I've lived in Napoleon my whole life. I am a 1995 alumnus of JCU and was a basketball manager during the early years of the Mike Moran regime.

John Rusnak

Toph, I want it!

Pat, if that version doesn't have the clip you want, Albion said they could get me one as well, so let me know how that comes out.

Toph

JF-
You wouldn't happen to remember the birth of the Condit triplets in 1983 would you?

JR-
I'll send you the smaller version that Pat edited down for me if that's alright with you.

Pat Coleman

JR, Toph, I got the call from both sides. We'll have a use for both.

jf714