FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

DFWCrufan

GillCJ1

I meant to log on earlier and say this, but thanks for the pics Etchglow.  It's always fun to relive these games.

I follow several Cru fans on Twitter (in fact, more than one person on the last page alone).  A few of you guys do a great job of liking and/or retweeting recruits who have made their decision to come to UMHB.  It's fun scrolling past these posts and wondering if/when we'll be hearing their names on Saturdays.

I know the QB1 at Belton High School also committed this week.  I don't have it in front of me, but I'm sure someone can dig up his highlights.  Always cool to see local kids choosing to stick around.
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

DFWCrufan

Ahhh Gill you beat me to it! Connor Carothers - Belton HS - QB - https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3363960/5bb42004dfe27606e449e350

You never know if you will hear their names called in the post play or see them on the varsity roster, but it is fun none the less to keep track and see what develops. Jon pointed out in his interview that recruiting is receiving a lot of transfer requests this year so far, the three years in Nationals contention may just be paying off.

BTW - Connor was visited and offered by HSU, ETBU, and Austin...good catch UMHB recruiting

DFWCrufan

Hardin Simmons is also pulling in talent - Josh Yznaga - Alamo Heights HS (San Antonio)- RB - http://www.collegepromotersusa.com/profile/16215-joshua-alexander-yznaga

DFWCrufan

DFWCrufan

Ladies and Geeeeeentlemen we may be seeing the next generation of line ripping, pile driving running back for the Cru in 2019 as Montana Miller, the youngest of the impressive Miller family had his visit to UMHB, and we hope like his older siblings Malcolm and Markeith he decides to make UMHB his home. No confirmation yet but seeing that his older sibs burned the field up for the Cru for years we can hope.

Montana Miller - Garland HS - RB - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8587470/Montana-Miller

MUC57

Quote from: DFWCrufan on January 29, 2019, 11:04:03 AM
Ladies and Geeeeeentlemen we may be seeing the next generation of line ripping, pile driving running back for the Cru in 2019 as Montana Miller, the youngest of the impressive Miller family had his visit to UMHB, and we hope like his older siblings Malcolm and Markeith he decides to make UMHB his home. No confirmation yet but seeing that his older sibs burned the field up for the Cru for years we can hope.

Montana Miller - Garland HS - RB - https://www.hudl.com/profile/8587470/Montana-Miller

DFWCrufan

I think the NCAA has a limit on the number of people from a family that can attend the same school! If that is the case, Montana Miller would have to go somewhere else. Mount Union could take a look at him. Maybe something could be worked out.
OK! I just made that up. But hey, you're national champs. Now you want players from a quality family to add to your team. It's just not fair!
Oh, what the hell. Go Cru! (Go Raiders, too)!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Toby Taff

Quote from: DFWCrufan on January 29, 2019, 11:04:03 AM

I sat next to him and his mom at the HSU game 2 seasons ago and at that time they said he was coming. I'm glad he finally made an official visit, and of the three, he looks the most like a running back size and speed wise coming out of high school
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

DFWCrufan

MUC you had me going there for one sec... Than I remembered when I was young and stupid and playing college ball that we had three brothers in our program, an older brother and his younger twin sibs. Now your probably asking the most obvious question, how did we tell the twins apart. (It was soccer not football or Futbal for any purists out there) they made it easy for us, one had long hair, one wore his cut high and tight.
For those interested, there is a bit of buzz around Markeith being a possible sleeper RB for the big leagues, rumor has it a few eyes like the patience and balance markeith has in the run game, the only knock they have was his lack of pass reception but that can be remedied.

I am interested in watching the development of Petruccelli, that guy is probably one of the finest players and a serious threat in the coming years, do you think UMU will stay with Fulford as QB or possibly move to Petruccelli in that slot, when he had the position he was very effective.

MUC57

DFWCrufan

Don't know what will happen with Fulford. He finally has his trial in March. That may play a role in his future! Petruccelli is certainly exciting and fun to watch. But, back to Fulford. Everything seems to hinge on his outcome so it's kind of a wait and see.
I know if Mount doesn't straighten out their offense, UMHB will have a field day if they meet again. But, Mount may not make it that far. We'll see, he said, keeping fingers crossed. Go Cru! Go Raiders!  ;D

wally_wabash

Quote from: DFWCrufan on January 30, 2019, 08:34:53 AM
I am interested in watching the development of Petruccelli, that guy is probably one of the finest players and a serious threat in the coming years, do you think UMU will stay with Fulford as QB or possibly move to Petruccelli in that slot, when he had the position he was very effective.

I am far from a Mount Union insider or expert, but I don't think Petrucelli throws.  They were able to do some good things with him in a direct snap package (exclusively running) in a few games while Fulford was dealing with the ankle situation, but I have to believe there's no way Petrucelli becomes QB1 there.  He's just not a quarterback. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

MUC57

Wally

As always, you're right on top of things. The Fulford situation will go a long way in determining what happens. As you know, Mount likes to throw. Petruccelli can't, or at least, as far as we know, he can't!
As long as you're here, good luck to The Little Giants this season.  ;D

DFWCrufan

GillCJ1

Quote from: DFWCrufan on January 31, 2019, 09:07:54 AM
Cru are welcomed to the Texas Gallery...https://twitter.com/bwaltens/status/1090661175325585408

And on a similar note, UMHB is hosting an event tonight to celebrate the champs.  5-7pm at Mayborn Campus Center.  They did this in 2016 and it was a lot of fun.  My son (who was 4 at the time) got all the players autographs on a free poster.  Here's a pic from the Temple Daily Telegram:

Hope to see some of you!
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion