Ron Boerger

West Region Hosted by Texas-Tyler, Tyler, Texas
La Verne
Linfield
Millsaps
Texas-Tyler
Trinity (Texas)
Whitworth

PLU is seeded fifth in the South Region (where Birmingham Southern is seeded #1 despite not winning the SAA).

mideastfan2

The teams are layed in alpha order...not the actual seeds. The press release that was leaked was the one sent to schools so they can start making travel arrangement.  Seeds should hopefully be released today.

Example...there is no way Cortland is the 8 seed in their regional. Haha

tigerfan_2001

every region but one is listed alphabetically in the press release.

Ron Boerger

Thanks for pointing that out.   I was wondering why sub-.500 Oberlin was a middle seed in their region.   :o

Jack Parkman

108- Great call on Millsaps being shipped in.

My thoughts on the seeding and matchups.

1. UT Tyler
2. Linfield
3. Millsaps
4. Whitworth
5. Trinity
6. La Verne

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger on May 09, 2015, 07:34:22 AM
It's a long way from here, but Oberlin's (18-26) shocking NCAC championship means Wooster (36-9) will likely get a pool C bid, making it that much harder for a CTX to get one if they don't win the ASC.   The Tornadoes face elimination against UT-D this morning, the winner of that game will have to defeat UT-Tyler twice to claim the ASC championship.

BTW, Oberlin had NEVER won a men's NCAC title - in ANY sport - since joining the conference in 1984.  They made it to the NCAC championship (defeating Wooster in the process), lost to Wooster 23-6 in their first attempt prior to pulling off the upset in the rubber game, 11-5.
Apocalyptic, to say the least.   LOL
Signs of the end times!

Ron Boerger

The NCAA has finally posted the exact same information as was posted by d3baseball.com earlier today - only they have put seedings in despite it still bring organized alphabetically (except Curry).   What a bunch of idiots.

http://on.ncaa.com/1QBrCVu

108 Stitches

Jack I agree with you on the seeding. From a practical standpoint they will not want Linfield and Whitworth to match up in game one and they have shifted seeding in the past so this does not happen. In the last regional ranking Tyler was above Linfield and would move up after winning their regional for the top seed. That seeding would reward UTT for winning their conference. The rest is logical to achieve the first game match ups.

I wonder what the logic was shipping PLU off to the South? I would think that it would be advantageous to stay in your region vs shipping Linfield to the South. Certainly from a travel standpoint it is more difficult to go to the South. I will be curious where they seed them in the South.

SoCalSoxFan

Quote from: SoCalSoxFan on May 09, 2015, 11:02:43 PM

I agree Linfield will get a Pool C outside of West.  They won't have three NWC in same regional pool.

As a regional #5 in west, CTX loss and inability to make finals will drop them out of Top 6.
Or, at the very least drop them to 6.

If TT doesn't get pool A,
TT would drop to #3 or #4 in region.
PLU would get one Pool C bid.
Linfield would get Pool C in another region.
Highest regional rank between TT and CLU gets in as second Pool C.
West 3 seed will be higher ranked than other regions comparable 3&4 seeds.

If TT does get Pool A,
PLU gets one Pool C.  Linfield as 3rd in region gets sent out.
CLU would then be west #4 but will be outside looking I as i don't thing the super secret rankings would take #4 in west.
This means another region would get flown in as second Pool C.

So, basically, only Pool A and Pool C from west 1-3 would get in.

I must say I'm surprised they sent PLU to South. 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: SoCalSoxFan on May 11, 2015, 09:56:20 AM
Quote from: SoCalSoxFan on May 09, 2015, 11:02:43 PM

I agree Linfield will get a Pool C outside of West.  They won't have three NWC in same regional pool.

As a regional #5 in west, CTX loss and inability to make finals will drop them out of Top 6.
Or, at the very least drop them to 6.

If TT doesn't get pool A,
TT would drop to #3 or #4 in region.
PLU would get one Pool C bid.
Linfield would get Pool C in another region.
Highest regional rank between TT and CLU gets in as second Pool C.
West 3 seed will be higher ranked than other regions comparable 3&4 seeds.

If TT does get Pool A,
PLU gets one Pool C.  Linfield as 3rd in region gets sent out.
CLU would then be west #4 but will be outside looking I as i don't thing the super secret rankings would take #4 in west.
This means another region would get flown in as second Pool C.

So, basically, only Pool A and Pool C from west 1-3 would get in.

I must say I'm surprised they sent PLU to South.
They broke up the NWC triplets.  As a Pool C, PLU was more "flexible".

D3Baseball.com prognostications had Linfield being flown out of the West Regional, to the Mid-East.

Westside

Quick look at basic stats for the teams.

Whitworth: .305 Batting Average, 4.02 ERA, .969 Fielding %
Trinity (TX): .324 Batting Average, 2.95 ERA, .963 Fielding %
La Verne: .291 Batting Average, 4.55 ERA, .969 Fielding %
Texas-Tyler: .298 Batting Average, 3.27 ERA, .970 Fielding %
Millsaps: .324 Batting Average, 3.73 ERA, .954 Fielding %
Linfield: .286 Batting Average, 2.93 ERA, .972 Fielding %
NWC Baseball

108 Stitches

Ralph I get that they were going to fly a team out of NWest. It seems to me that it would have been more advantageous to play in the West than vs the South, but maybe they committee thought it the other way around. From a parent, family, fan perspective it will create a nightmare to get there on short notice. Maybe they thought the South was weaker?

Seems like any team not named Linfield out the NWest gets the shaft.

The other thing I do not like is the West - South pool match up at the CWS. Not sure if others noticed this. 

BamColt

Can we finally get an ASC team in the World Series. We (2002 College World Series team) are getting old. :)

Ron Boerger

The latest update on the site here says:

West Region Hosted by Texas-Tyler, Tyler, Texas
No. 3 Millsaps vs. No. 4 Whitworth
No. 2 Trinity (Texas) vs. No. 5 Linfield
No. 1 UT-Tyler vs. No. 6 La Verne

Have to say that seed for never-RRO Trinity comes as a surprise.

Westside

Well their reward as the #2 seed would be getting to face Haddeland off that bat. Maybe Trinity can exact some revenge after he pretty much stopped them from making the World Series two seasons ago.

*EDIT* Ron, the NCAA site shows Linfield as the home team for that matchup. Are you sure they aren't the #2 and Trinity is #5?
NWC Baseball