WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanstand

Sucks! Great Season, but tonite sucked. Oh well, the sun comes up in the morning. We regroup and move on. Dang, I gotta clean house tomorrow, been 6 months since I've been home much. Thanks LIB. what a ride!

Rob Don

OOOOOOOO moseshightower.................... nice predictions!!!!
honestly, completly wrong is hard to beat.  i've eaten my own share of words in years past.  but wow.   ;) ok so thats harsh.  :)

what i meant to say was..........

Lets go JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calhsu

Wow! Got to listen to the last five minutes of the the game.  Got a little concerned when West  fouled out,  but what I heard was that  a great team effort would not be denied.

Now I know this is went the "arrogant HSU fans"  are suppose to gloat.  Well.  this is a year that as an HSU fan I really felt they were the underdogs after the first loss to McMurry,  it was a real different experience.  MCM had a great year,  my hat goes off to them.  Only three losses and two of them to HSU.  Now they realize the target you wear when you are the leader of the pack.

I think the Cowgirls finally got back emotionally  to where they were before the HPU game  when they heard the terrible news just before the game.  I have never felt we had an excuse for lossing,  bad things happen to good people.  It is just that I have so much more respect that they have overcome that and losing to ETBU.  I'm sure after they lost to HPU they were experiencing greater feelings of loss.    Again I am not making excuses for loses I just amazed that they came up with tonights effort.  

I would have to think West had to be thinking she got the last laugh.   I know it wasn't about one person and certainly other Cowgirls made major if not better efforts on the night.  But for her she just had to be feeling pretty good,  and to do it in their gym.  I seriously am not trying to stir thing up,  but humans being humans you got to think.

Let me say a great thank you to HPU for beating Trinity. I know you had your own revenge to motivate you but I really love when anyone beats them.
Of course I am really hoping that the Cowgirls do beat HPU. But it could set up an emotional nightmare for me.  If they win and if either of the California teams win over the northwest teams and then they may have to play in this state and I would really be wanting to take the ten hour drive down south.  I'm sure the HPU people would love to relieve me of that problem,  but the northwest teams will most likely do that.  
Again to Indian faithful,  Ralph especially,  great team,  bad night.  I know you will be back next year,  just remember we are only losing West.  Will be very tight again.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: calhsu on March 04, 2006, 02:43:40 AM

...Only three losses and two of them to HSU.  Now they realize the target you wear when you are the leader of the pack.

...Again to Indian faithful,  Ralph especially,  great team,  bad night.  I know you will be back next year,  just remember we are only losing West.  Will be very tight again.

Good morning calhsu!  Congratulations to the Cowgirls! 

Another installment in the "Finest Rivalry in Women's D3 Hoops".

Another really tough game faces the Cowgirls tonight.  Actually the "neutral site" may be best for this game.  HPU may have had the easiest draw.

McMurry only loses Carli Engelke and Jennifer Finstad, so everyone else gets another year in the weight room, and Coaches Nichols and Densman can find 3-4 more players to fit into the rotation.

I cannot undervalue the benefits of working in the weight room.  Please trust me.  I have seen numerous D3 and D1 players as well as Olympic skaters and Ironman competitors in their later lives.  Women athletes do not get overmuscled by weight work.  Any excess muscle mass that is not continually toned will disappear within a couple of years.  So go ahead and work on your strength and flexibility.

The profile of the SCAC is much higher than the ASC in D3 for numerous reasons that have nothing to do with the game on the floor.  Congratulations to the Lady Jackets for the convincing win over Trinity! ;)

Travel safely, friends!

mcmfan

Congratulations, Lady Indians, on a great season!  Last year, it didn't end quite like this, but this year we have both the Division and the Conference championships to show for our efforts... a first in the history of the team.
Coach Nichols commented last night on the radio after the game that some of the players worried they let down their fans by losing.  That's a bogus thought: it seems to me you play for yourself, not the fans; we're just along for the ride.  And you gave us a great ride.  Thanks for everything.
Alacumba!

thejungle

My hat is off to HSU...Seriously.  The way I say it, HSU is the only team that really beat McMurry this season. We beat ourselves against Howard Payne, and would never have lost if #4 hadn't gone crazy and hit like 4 three-pointers at the very end.

But HSU REALLY beat us...Twice.  Both times the cowgirls to seemed to have all the answers...They shut down the LIB inside...They somehow got in our heads and ruined our outside shot, and got enough offense to lead us by double digits for most of both second halves. 

I don't know how you did it, but my hat is off to HSU.

Rob Don

quite an epic battle to be fought in old Abilene today!!!  it is really our honor and privilege as fans to get to watch such a game!  both tonight and those played out yesterday.  of course i'm cheering on my HPU girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  enjoy the rivalry game everyone. 

inthepaint

Wow, what a Friday night! 

This conference is really about three teams - McM, HPU and HSU.  This season, right up to the present day, has been anyone's to win or lose.  I have no idea who has the momentum, who should be the pick, etc. 

We'll be watching for the results!

moseshightower

I gotta admit, I did go 0-2 on predictions last night.  Sounds like Trinity had no answer for Daniels but I don't think many teams in the country do.  I was shocked by the Hardin Simmons win considering there results coming into the NCAAs.  They showed some real character winning that game.  Good luck to both teams in tonight's state championship.

fanstand

I can't even predict who will win tonight. We were ready, all the cards were really in our court and we couldn't pull it off. It all goes back to the "any given team" scenario. When it gets to this time of the year, predictions go out the window. It's too bad three good teams have to eliminate each other, but one of the ASC teams is getting to the Sweet 16. I'll be quietly watching the game tonight, but I really don't have a clue who is going to win. Congrats to the L.I.B., it was truly a great season, and good luck to whoever, do the ASC proud. It will probably be just as intense next year and all these teams are young. I'm getting too old for all this !!!!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: moseshightower on March 04, 2006, 01:55:26 PM
They showed some real character winning that game.  Good luck to both teams in tonight's state championship.

Even tho' we are knocking ourselves out, we ought to hang a special banner.

"D3 Texas National Champion!"

That has a nice sound! :D ;D :D 8)

inthepaint

What time is the tipoff?  I assumed it would be an afternoon game! 

This game will be a tight one, I do believe.  HPU has a lot of strengths and has shown that they can handle anyone.  HSU has demonstrated that when they have things together they, too, can handle anyone.

It will all come down to heart, poise and coaching.  Can you say HSU has a slight home court advantage, simply because they are playing in their own town? 

Ralph Turner

HSU 40, HPU 30 Halftime.

HSU:  West 9, Singletary 9, Dennard 8, Hodges 7,

FG 14-27, FT 8-10; Rebs 20.

HPU: Daniels 10 (FG 3-15), Blalock 12 Hohertz 6.

FG 9-30; FT 10-12; Rebs 16.

Ralph Turner

baddog

WOW! :o
Thanks, Ralph! :-* (And that is not from Brokeback Mountain!)
Stay on the roll, Cowgirls! :)
Not really a bad dog. Just misunderstood!