2015 West Regional - Tyler, TX

Started by Westside, April 24, 2015, 10:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSoxFan

Trinity scores 5 in bottom of sixth and now leads 7-3 in 8th.  Definitely looking good for Trinity

Ron Boerger

Three more outs and a decade of regional frustration (of which the insanely great Mr. Haddeland played a starring role) can finally end.   Wouldn't mind a couple more runs here in the bottom of the eighth. 

EDIT:   Four runs will have to be good enough after a TU runner gets caught off first.   

CAT BAT 22

I won't understate how poorly we ran the bases.  Heck, why stop there... we kicked it, dropped it and threw it away.  If I'm being honest, we're slow and our outfielders have noodle arms.  The relay throw into the net, the cf throw to home that bounced four times then rolled to the plate.  The hit into the LCF gap where our runner inexplicably stopped at first on an easy double... gets doubled up in the 4-6-3 right after. The first and third play where our runner at third doesn't read the throw down and gets picked.

Other than that...  We were solid. 

Ron Boerger

I never understood how a #5 seed could be the most likely to disappoint, but on to the D3 world series!  :-)

wildcat11

Congrats to my 'Cats fighting all year long. Proud to be a 'Cats.

SoCalSoxFan

Congrats to Trinity!   Represent the West well in Appleton.

NWBaseballFan10

Great season Cats! Congrats to Trinity as well. I'd imagine they will represent the region well in Appleton.

Whatagame

Yes, TU was clearly the best and deepest team in the west regional, they had high quality pitchers, like T. Rape, who I believe never saw the mound waiting in the wings. Great week for them, now go to Appleton and bring back the Trophy for the West!!

Westside

Quote from: Whatagame on May 16, 2015, 08:25:41 PM
Yes, TU was clearly the best and deepest team in the west regional, they had high quality pitchers, like T. Rape, who I believe never saw the mound waiting in the wings. Great week for them, now go to Appleton and bring back the Trophy for the West!!

Rape started yesterday against La Verne. Got hit a bit, but yea, their staff is deep. I imagine their coaches don't even take a sniff at guys unless they are 6'0+ and can touch 90mph.

Congrats to Trinity. Now bring some hardware back to the West!
NWC Baseball

Whatagame

My bad on Rape's innings. As I understand, Trinity is adept on recruiting guys that project, but are definitely sub 90 guys in HS, then they evidently are good at developing. If you're touching 90 in HS, virtually all those guys are going D1, D2 or even JC.

Ron Boerger

Thanks, guys.  The pitching staff has really come on strong the since the SCAC championships,and they'll need that and more to do well in Appleton.    :)

Jack Parkman

It has been a long time coming for Trinity and I hope they enjoy it.  Solid program that finally got over the hump and they will have most of this team back next year, but I don't think they care about next year yet.  Good luck to the Tigers in Appleton, it's a ride you will never forget.

infielddad

Jack, it has been a long time coming.  For those of us with son's who could not get passed that last game, and there are many, this is a wonderful day to celebrate before a new challenge begins tomorrow. While I personally don't think getting to Appleton was needed to justify  just how good this program has been for many, many years, I know many of those who post here do, and I have grown to respect those views and perspectives.
Our son's first college game was at Emory so it is a bit of irony for me that Trinity will start the CWS with Emory.  I have a pretty good feeling the Coaches will make sure the team knows today was not an end but the beginning.

Bmo

So was Freimuth a graduate transfer?  If so, that would be an interesting subplot to the World Series..

Ron Boerger

Not sure if he actually graduated, but he only played two years at TU so has eligibility remaining.    He certainly has fared better this year at Frostberg than he ever did at TU.

According to the NCAA bracket, Trinity's first game will be against 2014 NCAA runnerup Emory, 4:30pm on Friday.