MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Chalk one up for the Conference with Ursinus beating Trinity (Ct.).

diplomaniac1

Pat -

I just noticed the new heading on the home page. I don't know how long it has been up. However, it is a nice change and I think it looks great. Kudos to the person who did the design work.

Pat Coleman

Thanks. Just since Jan. 1, so you haven't missed it for long.

Now D3hoops joins the other D3sports.com sites a little more in terms of visual look.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

old ends

Since we have had some conference play let's see how good you can pick-em.

January 9  Conference record only next to teams.

Dickinson (1-2) @ Haverford (2-2)
F & M  (1-3) @ Swarthmore (0-4)
Washington (0-4) @ Gettysburg (3-1)
John Hopkins (2-2) @ Ursinus ( 4-0)
McDaniel (3-0) @ Muhlenberg (3-1)

Have fun with it.

old ends

I will update and keep a record posted for all to see.

My Picks

Haverford
F & M
Gettysburg
Ursinus
McDaniel

r.w. mcnickels

Quote from: Leo on January 04, 2008, 12:26:09 PM
Chalk one up for the Conference with Ursinus beating Trinity (Ct.).

I agree, that was just as big for the CC as it was for Ursinus.  The conference needed a win like that.  Can Ursinus ride that momentum to 20+ wins?

Another story to watch is F&M's lineup change.  With Hines and Scovill (top two scorers) suspended, the Dips rolled to a pair of convincing wins over Southern Va. and Alvernia.  Now that their suspensions are over, will Robinson reinsert them into the starting lineup?  Or will he attempt to keep the chemistry alive with a young lineup that plays well together, bringing Hines and Scovill off the bench?  I don't think you mess with success.

D.B. Cooper

Old ends. Your picks seem likely to do well.
Just to see if some pick-them interest can develop, I'll offer mine too.

Haverford
F&M
G-berg
Ursinus
Muhlenburg (An upset I wouldn't thought to be one at start of season)

old ends

Well, Suetonius, I hope so.. I think the students may not yet be back on campus. Just want to get some action on this board.

D.B. Cooper

Old ends. I stuck with the Mules because even with few students around Memorial Hall is a tough place to come in & shoot well. Plus Allentown is one of the toughest places places in the league to come in & get the calls needed to get out of town with a win. Collegeville is also just as difficult in the same way. 

Leo

My 1/9/08 picks are:

Haverford
Swarthmore
Gettysburg
Ursinus
McDaniel

I picked Swarthmore in an upset over F&M because I would like to see more postings from the "old F&M fans who live in the past" explaining what went wrong from the players to the coaching, and everything else from A to Z.

I have always felt Swarthmore under achieves, and I can't figure out why. With Ian McCormick in the middle, I expect more from Swarthmore. It seems that they don't have the killer instinct, and tend to fold near the end of a game.

Finally, I am a Bears fan and I see the Bears achieving the same level of success in CC as the New England Patriots - "undefeated"

Old Ends, are you offering free tickets to the CC playoffs to the one who has the best record in predicting CC games ?

Reserved Seat

Dickinson
F & M
Gettysburg
Ursinus
Muhlenberg

F&M is starting to jell.  Hopefully, they can build on their tournament success.  The competition was overwhelming, but it gave the young players a chance to build some confidence, especially without their two statisical leaders.  Chasen showed excellent leadership for the younger players.
It's hard to pick against McDaniel.  They seem to have a lot of experienc;, and despite the preseason prediction, they should give any team in the conference a challenge.

old ends

Quote from: Leo on January 06, 2008, 11:56:17 AM
Old Ends, are you offering free tickets to the CC playoffs to the one who has the best record in predicting CC games ?

Let me think about that. thought long enought naaa :D

Maybe a gift card to a cheap fast food place.   ;D

Leo

I'll take a gift card from a fast food place as long as it is not in Lancaster, PA.  :D

old ends

So far Gettysburg and Ursinus have been picked by everyone the rest are up for grabs.

good luck to those who have thier picks in so far.

pantherdunker

For the well being of the young men on the F and M team, I wish them continued success. Obviously, there are issues when 2 kids quit the team this year and 2 are suspended. I hope the other kids rise above, come together, learn how to play without feeling like they are walking on eggshells and looking over their shoulders to see if they will get yanked. Good luck.