WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J 2 The Brizo

Report on the Lady Beavers...

What is the best kept secret in NW Iowa?  Well it is without a doubt the Lady Beavers of Buena Vista University.  These girls can ball.  Last night the Beavers crushed the Loras Duhawks 91 to 64.  

The offensive stars for the Beavers so far this year include Katie Maguire at the point (17.1 points per game), Kristina Kapler down low (15.1 per game), and Kelli Staley at the 3 (10.2 per game).  

The Beavers also have been getting quality play out of Jess Griggs, Megan Holtorf, Tracy Hartwig, and Lindsey Meyer.  

The Beavers have a big week coming up as they face off against the third place team in the conference, Luther, on Friday, and second place Simpson on Wednesday.  

I am fully confident, however, that the Beavers will take care of business and remain on top in the conference.  

Good Luck Ladys...

J 2 the Brizo

rimshot

J2-
it is no secret with that returning class they should make a run in the ncaa tournament---but they will have to win away from home.

J 2 The Brizo

Congrats to the lady Beavers on wrapping up the IIAC regular season conference title...these girls can ball...Katie McGuire could play for any team in the Iowa Conference, and I'm not just talkin about the ladies side of the sport either.  

The ladies took it to Luther and Dubuque this past weekend and should take care of business tomorrow at Simpson...my prediction?   Beavers 84 - Storm 72..

Good luck ladies,

J 2 the Brizo

J 2 The Brizo

The Lady Beavers did it again beating a very tough Simpson team tonight 77-72...The two headed monster of Kristina Kapler and Katie Maguire took care of business tonight combining for 47 points.  Kelli Staley chipped in 12 and 12 and Tracy Hartwig had 10 points off the bench.

This sets up a great Saturday of basketball as the women look to go undefeated in conference play.  I hope the Beaver fans will be out in full force to cheer on the conference champs.

Loud, Proud, and "Moderately Intoxicated"

J 2 the Brizo

The Show

Congrats to the lady Beavers on a fine season thus far. There's plenty of more wins to come I'm sure.

Props to J 2 The Brizo for keeping the updates rolling.

J 2 The Brizo

"Undefeated"...congrats on the undefeated conference season Lady Beavers...take care of business in the tourney...

J 2 the Brizo

The Show

Congratulations to Katie Maguire for being named as a finalist for the Jostens Award!

ShoottoScore

COngrats to the Simpson ladies!! Good luck in the post-season!!

d-mac

It is time to find out who is in... and who is out.
Whose bubble has been burst and who is wearing Cinderella's glass slippers.
It's Selection Sunday... and tonight there will be a special "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" as the 2005 NCAA Men's and Women's Basketball Brackets are announced... LIVE on our air!
The Road to Salem and Virginia Beach officially starts tonight!

It plans to be a huge night... as 50 womens and 48 mens teams are officially invited to the dance and a chance at a national title.

Some teams already know they are going (thanks to winning their conferences) and some think they are going, but there are always surprises.

So tonight, we will break it all down. Starting at 8:30 PM EST, we will take a look at who is definitely in, who might make it, who will be disappointed, and what match-ups you might want to look forward to seeing later in the week.

Then at 10:00 PM EST... we will broadcast LIVE the Women's Selection Show so you can find out when we do... the 50 teams on the Road to Virginia Beach.

That will be followed by the Men's Selection Show at 10:30 PM EST - when 48 teams find out what their Road to Salem will be like.

After those selections... we will go over it with a fine-tooth comb and find out who we think are the surprises!

And throughout the show, we will hear from different regions with live reports and talk to coaches that have made surprising moves into the tournament.

Of course, you can listen in thank to http://www.goucher.edu/radio">Goucher College.
We suggest you try and use the low-bandwith signal which will require you to have htpp://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde601.html?h=software-dl.real.com&r=2723cbe80ea75bfa7021&f=windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe&p=RealOne Player&oem=dlrhap_bb&tagtype=ie&type=dlrhap_bb">Real Player and selection the rtsp://helix.goucher.edu/broadcast/goucherradiolb">28K version of the show.
At the same time, you can listen to the Broadcastmonsters.com version, using http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx">Windows Media Player (go to the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" page for more information).

And you can share your opinions and questions with us, live on the air.
email - mailto:hoopsville@d3hoops.com">hoopsville@d3hoops.com  
AOL IM - Hoopsville2000

And for more information... check out the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" website (http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville" target=_top>www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville)!

Again... it all starts tonight at 8:30 PM EST.

The Show

Looks like the IIAC will be having 2 teams in the post season this year. We'll find out for sure later tonight...

High School

could have another simpson vs BV matchup at the den good luck simpson. hope you make it to the den

CollegevilleMagic

Greetings southern neighbors.  Congrats on the double IIAC bids, my Blazers are looking forward to hosting Simpson this Wednesday!  

For those of you traveling to the game, I recommend Bo Diddley's Sandwich shop or Gary's Pizza, both on College Avenue within blocks of the St. Ben's campus.  As a former student at St. John's/St. Ben's, lots of my money has gone to the owners of those fine restaurants.

ShoottoScore

I'm not entirely familiar with the tournament process so here's a question... Is it common for a pool C bid to get a first round bye and host in the second round? I can see both sides of the issue- BV won the conference and had the better record, but technically Simpson won the conference tournament and earned the automatic bid. I mean, there was a chance that BV might not have even gotten the bid and then they are hosting? I mean BV did lose to a kind of mediocre Wartburg team. Maybe this is common, I was just curious?? The criteria must be based more on the entire season than on tournament play? Just curious. Thanks!

The Show

BV only has 1 DIII loss. That should explain it. There wasn't really a chance that BV wouldn't have gotten a bid. They just had one off night.

But yeah, I think they take into account the entire season, not just the conference tournaments. However, Pat would know better than I.

CollegevilleMagic

The entire season usually outweighs one bad night, assuming that the team had as solid a season as BV.  

By the way, when did the Spanish word "buena" come to be pronounced "beuna"?  As a Spanish major, I'll never figure that one out.