Atlantic Central Football Conference/Independents

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DE Wesley Fan

Quote from: @d3jason on December 10, 2012, 08:37:52 PM
I really liked what I saw from Callahan last Spring. He has a cannon. He was very impressive as a freshman during his first camp in the Widener scrimmage in 2010.

I agree.  Saw him play quite a bit last year at Apprentice and was impressed (or do we now call that year before last??).  Threw a beautiful, tight, rocket of a ball.  Don't recall him being particularly mobile, but wasn't much reason for him to pull out all the stops for that game.  I remember thinking at the time that he could have given Justin a run for the job this year.

The O-line is more concerning to me, since some of this year's starters were questionable themselves.  Hopefully there are some young kids ready to step up. They had a freshman this year from St. Georges (high school here in DE) that was pretty darn good at that level, so hopefully he's been working hard and can contribute soon.

Already can't wait for next year.  Anyone know if it's true Rowan is back on the schedule? 

Teamski

Quote from: @d3jason on December 10, 2012, 08:37:52 PM
I really liked what I saw from Callahan last Spring. He has a cannon. He was very impressive as a freshman during his first camp in the Widener scrimmage in 2010.

The key is if he can scramble or not.  That really hurt Wesley this year, probably more than anything.   McSweeny opened up a ton of opportunities for the offense and those opportunities were lost in the UMHB game....

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

HScoach

Burke's scrambling and designed runs really hurt MHB in the semi-final game too.   I find it odd that a defense that practices against an offense with that much athleticism is prone to being beat by a running QB. 
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

wesleydad

heading to the stagg again.  not sure how many years it has been, just hope that wesley gets there sooner or later.  if you have never been you need to make the trip just for the fun of it.  maybe next year.

DE Wesley Fan

Quote from: wesleydad on December 13, 2012, 10:56:38 PM
heading to the stagg again.  not sure how many years it has been, just hope that wesley gets there sooner or later.  if you have never been you need to make the trip just for the fun of it.  maybe next year.

Have a fun (and safe) trip.  Very much hope to make it one year soon, but am refusing to go until Wesley is playing :) Will be sure to watch it though.

wesleydad

de wesley, then you may never get there.  wesley may not get over the hump, the talent is there, question is why cant they win the big game?

DE Wesley Fan

Quote from: wesleydad on December 14, 2012, 10:50:22 PM
de wesley, then you may never get there.  wesley may not get over the hump, the talent is there, question is why cant they win the big game?

Would love to know the answer to that question!  I'm keeping the faith that will happen someday, though would be surprised if it were next year unless there are some secret weapons we don't yet know about.  I honestly thought that last year (McSweeney's senior year) was when it should have happened - still can't really explain how we got so close but just couldn't do it, receivers dropping balls all over the place, etc.  I think in prior years ill-timed injuries have been at least a part of it, though I'm sure almost every team has had to deal with them and don't want to use it as an excuse.    From the start of this year I wasn't quite as positive as some others here, just because of what I perceived as a lack of leadership on the offensive side, but hoped I was wrong.

And you know what?  Even if we don't ever get there, I wouldn't trade all this fun and excitement for most anything else.  It's a blast to get to watch those young men grow and mature over their years with the program, to see some local talent get a chance to play at the college level, to catch up with old friends at the start of each season, and to meet some really cool people on these boards or at road games.  Coach Drass has done a great job of building a respectable program, and I do have faith that one year the stars will be properly aligned, we'll get to the big game, and the victory will be all the sweeter.

thewaterboy

We are going to have some weapons back on both sides of the ball. On the roster, there was Dominique Herald. If he returns next season IMO, we will have one of the best secondaries in Division III. Morris, Jones, Herald, Hopkins. Brandon Wright was also injured this year. It will be interesting to see if he can stay healthy next season, because when he is, he is a stud. The D-line is going to be better and keep growing. The o-line may be about the same, which is a concern losing Putman and Cranmer.
Callahan looks to be next in line at QB and have heard nothing but good things. Im optimistic for next year and hopefully they can get it together before another rematch with MHB in Belton in week 3.

@d3jason

Wolverines have a 10-game schedule complete for 2013. It will be released on Sunday so I won't put it out there yet. But there are six home games! (And some long road trips of course.)

@d3jason

At the request of Pa Wesleyfan

Here it is:
S6 Widener          6 pm
S14 Salisbury.      1 pm
S21 at UMHB         7 pm
S28  at BSC.          1 pm
O5   Huntingdon.     1pm Homecoming
O12. Va-Lynchburg   1 pm
        at Rowan
        Menlo
        at UNC - Charlotte
        Alfred state

I forget when the off week is and later dates and times and don't want to run downstairs right now so I ll edit later. Certainly another challenging slate for the Wolverines.

crufootball

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Belton, glad to hear yall got a full 10 game schedule.

PA_wesleyfan

Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Hawks88

PA_wesleyfan

Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

Teamski

UNC Charlotte is a first year FBS football program!!  This oughta be interesting!  Belated, I know, but thanks for posting the schedule!

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.