FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astro9046

Quote from: DuffMan on January 11, 2019, 11:20:27 AM
Quote from: astro9046 on January 11, 2019, 10:45:59 AM
should be interesting to see who transferred this season to MIAC, maybe someone's Christmas gift was an all region NG and top west region NG. Look forward to seeing MIAC Play and seeing some snow since here in the AZ cold is 50 degrees lol. Hello MIAC

Huh?  What do you know?  We are talking JW Windsor, I assume.  He's sure bounced around a bit.
All I know is this is where I wanted him since he left NAU (pre season injury release), but the path has been long Duff. He's a morally sound young man that has succeeded everywhere he's been from SDSM to CLU. The Cost at CLU was 5x more a year than anywhere, so that was a hard choice for him but he couldn't pay that a year.
As far as his character he has never had on or off field issues and good in the classroom, most of all he wants to win and be on a team that feels that way each day not just during the season. Feel free to DM with any other questions. Thank you for asking DUFF
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

miac952

A couple High Schools. Now a 5th college. A grand announcement of his transfer on D3boards by a parent. What could go wrong? Are Fasch and SJU turning into the St Olaf under Meidt?

MiacMan

Apparently, UST got a JUCO transfer QB. That's all I know at this point. However, I do know that they are very high on the kid they have From California (Ronnie Jones) they feel he is comparable to Gould who brought them to the Stagg Bowl. Stay tuned.

DuffMan

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

jamtod

Quote from: MiacMan on January 12, 2019, 09:37:07 PM
Apparently, UST got a JUCO transfer QB. That's all I know at this point. However, I do know that they are very high on the kid they have From California (Ronnie Jones) they feel he is comparable to Gould who brought them to the Stagg Bowl. Stay tuned.

This is interesting. I was not impressed with most of what I saw from Jones last year and don't think the job will be handed to him. what's the story with Frankl?

miac952

If your goal is to win conference and national championships Jones isn't the answer. We've seen what SJU put out at QB. You aren't going to match that, but you have to come close, and then make up for it in other areas.

I'd be curious about Frankl but he hasn't had many game reps since his Jr year of HS. Also the SSP kid.

If the JUCO kid can sling it a bit and extend some plays with his feet, he could be a dynamic option.

miac952

Quote from: DuffMan on January 12, 2019, 10:17:54 PM
Quote from: MiacMan on January 12, 2019, 09:37:07 PM
Apparently, UST got a JUCO transfer QB.

Very Meidt-ish of St Glenn.

Somewhere amongst the 5 colleges your most recent transfer attended is a JUCO. It's hard to keep track of them all though.

SJU admission's...you apply...we accept

MiacMan

Quote from: miac952 on January 13, 2019, 11:18:49 AM
If your goal is to win conference and national championships Jones isn't the answer. We've seen what SJU put out at QB. You aren't going to match that, but you have to come close, and then make up for it in other areas.

I'd be curious about Frankl but he hasn't had many game reps since his Jr year of HS. Also the SSP kid.

If the JUCO kid can sling it a bit and extend some plays with his feet, he could be a dynamic option.

With Caruso's offense I believe Caruso knows exactly what  he's doing. If they get back to running play action roll-outs like they did in their most successful years (Dakota Tracy, O'Connell, Gould) They are not a "Sling it" type offense. Particularly with Parks back I think you'll see them go back to that run-pass, PA, roll-out style offense. Also, considering they don't have any game breaker, take the top off type of receivers.

miac952

Quote from: MiacMan on January 13, 2019, 03:07:03 PM
Quote from: miac952 on January 13, 2019, 11:18:49 AM

With Caruso's offense I believe Caruso knows exactly what  he's doing. If they get back to running play action roll-outs like they did in their most successful years (Dakota Tracy, O'Connell, Gould) They are not a "Sling it" type offense. Particularly with Parks back I think you'll see them go back to that run-pass, PA, roll-out style offense. Also, considering they don't have any game breaker, take the top off type of receivers.

The most productive the offense was, came with Killian calling plays and Fenske playing QB. If not for the outlier UWO game, the Toms likely win a Stagg. Gould had a big arm even though he was undersized. The other two lacked arms and pocket presence and that hurt against defenses with a pulse.

MiacMan

QuoteThe most productive the offense was, came with Killian calling plays and Fenske playing QB.

Agree, unfortunately, Killian won't be calling the plays, so it'll be that west coast style offense with smaller more agile type QBs. Unless of course, the JUCO kid (or somebody else) wins the job and he has a different (Fenske style) skillset. However it does sound to me like the job is Jones' to lose. Always interesting.

Retired Old Rat

Can we be adult and not make fun of KIDS?

There is usually more to the story. These are kids trying to find their way.  The path is not always linear.

National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

miac952

Quote from: MiacMan on January 14, 2019, 10:52:51 AM
QuoteThe most productive the offense was, came with Killian calling plays and Fenske playing QB.

Agree, unfortunately, Killian won't be calling the plays, so it'll be that west coast style offense with smaller more agile type QBs. Unless of course, the JUCO kid (or somebody else) wins the job and he has a different (Fenske style) skillset. However it does sound to me like the job is Jones' to lose. Always interesting.

Jones does have 1 NFL'ish throw under his belt. That post he threw over and under bracketed coverage against Gustavus on 4th down was impressive.

jamtod

Quote from: Retired Old Rat on January 14, 2019, 04:02:01 PM

There is usually more to the story. These are kids trying to find their way.  The path is not always linear.

Do we have any confirmation that the Windsor kid is going to SJU now? astro/dad just indicated he was coming to the MIAC which he had pushed for for a while, but no indication of what school and I haven't see anything definitive anywhere else.

repete

Thank you, ROR.

faunch

Quote from: jamtoTommie on January 14, 2019, 05:26:27 PM

Do we have any confirmation that the Windsor kid is going to SJU now? astro/dad just indicated he was coming to the MIAC which he had pushed for for a while, but no indication of what school and I haven't see anything definitive anywhere else.

The other day I tracked down his Twitter profile and he's listed SJU and also St. Joseph, MN as his location...so that might be some indication.
https://twitter.com/JayceWindsor

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."