MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdean

Not exactly my kind of ball game but I have to give credit to the FL kids--their hands were everywhere on defense. Total dominance on both ends. UCLA had some looks but all they could find was the front of the rim.

Drake EX

Joe-Man

Drake, if your gonna post, post more than 3 words!
"Life is like a 3 pointer, whether you miss it or not,  take the shot."~Joe-Man

jdean

Post more than one sentence, both of you!! This board is visited so infrequently it would be nice to have something, even a recipe, to take up some space.

diehardfan

Quote from: jdean on June 21, 2006, 01:12:40 PM
Post more than one sentence, both of you!! This board is visited so infrequently it would be nice to have something, even a recipe, to take up some space.

From Epicurious.com, Gourmet Magazine Online

CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND MUSHROOMS

4 chicken breast halves with skin and bone
All purpose flour
1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped carrot
1/3 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 14 1/2- to 15-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
1 cup dry white wine

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and sauté until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and sauté 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to bowl. Add onion, carrot, celery, parsley and garlic to skillet; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices and wine. Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Return chicken to sauce. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through and tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken and sauce to plates and serve.

Makes 4 servings.

:D 8) ;)
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

David Collinge

DeVos Dogs

Serves 1-2

Steam two (2) hot dogs
Place each hot dog in bun
Add equal amounts of

Serve hot.

:D

diehardfan

Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager

RIP WheatonC

jdean

Quote from: diehardfan on June 21, 2006, 03:41:29 PM
From Epicurious.com, Gourmet Magazine Online

CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND MUSHROOMS

Makes 4 servings.

:D 8) ;)

Ok, be honest DHF. You took this off the back of a Swanson's TV dinner box. You added the wine to give it your own personal touch. Personally, I hate to burn wine away--I'd much prefer a glass of cabernet sauvignon.

Next time maybe you could help with an hors doeuvre or a fancy potato side dish?

There is nothing like a misc. body parts of a pig sandwich
at any game (yes, even soccer)--it never fails to hit the spot.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: jdean on June 21, 2006, 10:24:06 PMNext time maybe you could help with an hors doeuvre or a fancy potato side dish?

FANCY POTATO SIDE DISH

1. Go to supermarket.
2. Buy bag of potato chips.
3. Take bag home.
4. Open bag.
5. Insert hand.
6. Pull out handful of chips.
7. Eat them.
8. Repeat steps 5-7.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

jdean

A distinguished visitor comes to our board. All I had to do was invite people to post recipes and this page starts to have value again. Thanks guys. Maybe next time instructions on buying ice cream?

matblake

Quote from: jdean on June 22, 2006, 07:39:00 AM
Maybe next time instructions on buying ice cream?

1. Arrive at retail outlet with ice cream in stock.
2. Locate freezer with ice cream inside.
3. Choose flavor based on personal preference.
4. Take ice cream to purchase point.
5. Purchase ice cream via cash, check, charge or other applicable method per store allowance.
6. Enjoy!

diehardfan

Quote from: matblake on June 22, 2006, 01:50:28 PM
1. Arrive at retail outlet with ice cream in stock.
2. Locate freezer with ice cream inside.
3. Choose flavor based on [edit] the intrinsic superiority of cookies and cream.
4. Take ice cream to purchase point.
5. Purchase ice cream via cash, check, charge or other applicable method per store allowance.
6. Enjoy!

Repeat steps 1-6 at least 10 times daily.  :D :D

RIP WheatonC

matblake

Quote from: diehardfan on June 22, 2006, 03:06:47 PM
3. Choose flavor based on [edit] the intrinsic superiority of cookies and cream.

Repeat steps 1-6 at least 10 times daily.  :D :D

Hmmmmmm, I wonder what a cookies and cream cookie would taste like......  ;D

diehardfan

Quote from: matblake on June 22, 2006, 03:50:58 PM
Hmmmmmm, I wonder what a cookies and cream cookie would taste like......  ;D

An oreo?  :P ;)

RIP WheatonC

jdean

Quick, find a copyright attorney before Pat opens a D3 food board. I'm surprised no one suggested shoplifting in their trips to the grocery store. I guess basketball fans are usually pretty honest until its time to judge the refs who made the call that cost their team a W. And speaking of honesty, are you going to own up to the Swanson box caper DHF?