MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toph

My mistake everybody.  The first time I read it I missed the fact that he was talking about a specific year.  I thought he was speaking in general terms. 

David Collinge

For whatever it's worth, I didn't realize that the OAC had excised those 7/10 and 8/9 games.   :(:)

sac

Quote from: David Collinge on January 15, 2007, 01:05:00 PM
For whatever it's worth, I didn't realize that the OAC had excised those 7/10 and 8/9 games.   :(:)

Me neither, which is why I looked up the OAC tournament history, I distinctly remember discussions about the 7,8,9, 10 matchups.  I wasn't trying to show anybody up.  Plus I remember the tournament GS was refering to so I just had to look that one up to.

Toph

I was a student at Carroll when they made the change from everybody to only the top 8.  I can see benefits of both systems.  If everybody gets in it's a true "second season" where everyone has a chance to make it to the big dance (without looking...I wonder how many 9 or 10 seeds ever ran the table).  With the 8 team system it makes the regular season that much more important.  If you don't take care of business in the regular season you don't get any shot at the tournament.

One thing is for sure, the OAC tournament has often provided me (and many other basketball fans) with some very entertaining (and very surprising) games.

TigerFan_1973

I'm looking forward to seeing the poll when it comes out.

This is an interesting situation.  Last week ONU was 4 and Wooster was 5.  Since ONU lost, it will be interesting to see how ONU and Wooster rank, given that Wooster lost to ONU.

By the way, I posted the same comment in the NCAC thread.  Is it possible to automatically do that.  I thought it was OK to do it, since my comment was related to teams in both conferences.

TigerFan_73

wooscotsfan

All the 1/17 OAC Final Scores:

Heidelberg 75  Baldwin-Wallace 72
Ohio Northern 79  Otterbein 70
John Carroll 83  Mount Union 72
Capital 67  Marietta 41
Wilmington 65  Muskingum 55

So.....Heidelberg is now 7-2 in first place

Ohio Northern, John Carroll and Capital are all 6-3

Baldwin-Wallace, Wilmington and Otterbein are all 5-4

David Collinge

Holy jumpin' cats.... :o

I've got to find a way to go see this Heidelberg team. 

wooscotsfan

David -- don't get too excited....yet. :)

The Berg still has 4 very tough road games left on their schedule -- ONU, B-W, JCU and CAP!

ScotsFan

Quote from: wooscotsfan on January 18, 2007, 12:15:16 AM
David -- don't get too excited....yet. :)

The Berg still has 4 very tough road games left on their schedule -- ONU, B-W, JCU and CAP!
Everyone keeps saying this about Heide and yet all they do is keep proving everyone wrong!  After all, this is a team that was picked 8th in the preseason OAC poll ahead of just MUC and Marietta!  I keep waiting for the clock to strike midnight too, but the Student Princes just keep finding a way to make time stop! :)

With a look at the upcoming road games for the Berg however, time may be running out for them.

Toph

Wow!  Wow!  Wow!  I don't care if it was at home, beating BW is HUGE for the Berg (ask JCU about beating BW at home)!  If things keep going like this there is no chance that I miss that Princes at Streaks matchup on the 7th!  It is worth noting that Carroll was down by 16 at the half against Mount...quite the comeback.  When does Heidelberg start getting looks in the top 25? :o

David Collinge

Quote from: Toph on January 18, 2007, 10:20:27 AMWhen does Heidelberg start getting looks in the top 25? :o

This week, I think, if they beat Wilma.  They won't crack the top 25, but they'll get some support, say 30 votes or so.

ScotsFan

Quote from: Toph on January 18, 2007, 10:20:27 AM
  When does Heidelberg start getting looks in the top 25? :o
Maybe they don't want the recognition.  They seem to be doing just fine flying under the radar. 8)

wooscotsfan

More parity and upsets in the OAC today - 1/20 Final Scores:

Marietta 72  Ohio Northern 68 (Huge Upset, Pioneers 1st OAC win)
Wilmington 89  Heidelberg 71 (First Place team loses at home)
Baldwin-Wallace 81  Capital 78
Muskingum 65  Mount Union 61
John Carroll 70  Otterbein 68

Heidelberg and John Carroll are both 7-3
ONU, B-W, CAP and Wilmington are all 6-4
Otterbein is now 5-5

pennstghs

i dont think i'll ever figure out this league
WE ARE.................PENN STATE!
"Let's GO WITT"

kiltedbryan

Quote from: pennstghs on January 21, 2007, 09:52:39 PM
i dont think i'll ever figure out this league

If you've got a coin handy, you can just flip that.  Might clear things up a bit.   ;)