2015 Regionals

Started by mideastfan2, May 11, 2015, 03:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mideastfan2

Figured I'd start a new thread for all our Mideast region teams spread throughout the different Regionals.  Hopefully we can follow them here, and hopefully many of them advance to Appleton!!!

South Regional
#4 - Marietta

Mideast Regional
#2 - Adrian
#3 - Heidelberg
#4 - La Roche
#6 - W&J

Central Regional
#4 - Anderson

New York Regional
#2 - Baldwin-Wallace
#8 - Oberlin

Quick note....I find it hard to believe that with the obvious depth in the OAC, and the strength of the Mideast region that NO teams from the Mideast ended up with a #1 seed (not even in the Mideast Regional)....odd.

EttaFan1

I think Frostburg is going to be a tough out in Washington.   They are a really good team. 

Heidelberg facing La Roche could be an interesting matchup in game one, especially if Wilt from La Roche is healthy and able to throw.  He is a D-1 Transfer from Pitt who had Tommy John surgery a year ago.  His numbers are very impressive this year (63K in 47 innings pitched, 1.91 ERA).  He didn't throw in the AMCC tournament, but have no idea what his situation is.  Remember LaRoche handed Frostburg 2 of its 5 losses this year.  A Wilt vs. Hendrixson matchup in game one would be a heckuva pitcher's duel.  Hendrixon is a stud plain and simple. 

Marietta will likely face a really good pitcher from BSC on Wednesday.  Herstine is going to have to be on top of his game in that one. 

Oberlin gets thrown to the wolves, so to speak.  Facing top ranked Cortland in their NCAA debut is one way to get things started. 

BW is a dangerous team.  They can hit it a ton.  I'm not sure their pitching is of the highest quality though.

motorman

A glaring error in Mideast preview, calls it the Marietta Regional Schedule.

I also doubt the assessment of 20+ runs being scored in Berg's first game. They have 2 undefeated pitchers with ERAs of 2.4 and 0.7 respectively. If the score totals over 20 in that game it will be a collapse. Now when and if they make it to a 3rd game that take may hold true.

mideastfan2

The South Regional has a GREAT video feed with LIVE commentating...looking forward to watching these other games (and teams) while waiting to see the Etta Express tonight.

http://www.piedmontlions.com/watch/?Live=305

motorman

Bottom of 6th and Oberlin up on #1 ranked Cortland 4-3.

motorman

Oberlin gave up 3 in bottom of 8th and lost 6-4. A valiant effort.

motorman

Berg scores 1 in bottom of 9th on a 2 out 2 strike RBI single by Doug Miller to tie it and wins on an RBI single by freshman SS Joey Rydzewski who had a day going 4 for 5. Beat LaRoche 6-5 in 10 innings.

mideastfan2

Quote from: motorman on May 13, 2015, 09:14:13 PM
Berg scores 1 in bottom of 9th on a 2 out 2 strike RBI single by Doug Miller to tie it and wins on an RBI single by freshman SS Joey Rydzewski who had a day going 4 for 5. Beat LaRoche 6-5 in 10 innings.

Great job!! Go OAC!

Dr. Acula

Quote from: motorman on May 13, 2015, 09:14:13 PM

I watched the end of that game.  Exciting stuff.  I was afraid La Roche was going to escape after that K for the 2nd out. 

Berg rallied.  Now we need Etta to do it too.  Only down a couple.  That kid from BSC looked tough.

mideastfan2

Tough draw for Marietta. They face this kid from #7 BSU in game one, and if they can't pull out a win they have the face another top 10 team tomorrow in #6 Rhodes.

mideastfan2

Anderson wins their opening game 4-3!

Go BW!!!

mideastfan2

Oberlin stays alive with a win!!!  Great job to those kids in their first regional!

Pops33

Oberlin beats Oswego State 7-2.  Sean Kiley from Oberlin throws a complete game.  Oswego starter Donnelly had a 1.15 ERA before the game but the Yeomen put forth another strong performance, banging out 12 hits to get the victory.   

Bishopleftiesdad

Great to hear. The NCAC representative needs to do well at the regionals. Nice to see them do well. they almost beat Cortland the other day.

Sir Battlescars

Oberlin is a great story, hope they can keep it going.

If they can then maybe the NCAC will finally get the respect they deserve!
2014 NCAC Football Pick 'Em Champion!!