NAC

Started by Ralph Turner, September 24, 2004, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3bballinboston

elms i think didnt play to their potiential and choked.. should have been a way better game.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

hoopandtheharm

Elms definitely did not play their best

All-around

Elms was strange this year. I felt with a backcourt of Williams, Ancrum and Davis they should have been killing teams. I think they might have lacked a little bit of chemistry or something. I feel like they actually took a step down from last year.

4dagame

I saw Elms this year many times as a student here. They definitely had a problem with chemistry. Also, Renato , one of their best players was hurt 13 games into the season. This killed any inside game they had. They did not play well at Norwich and still had opportunities to win if Willaims did not miss a couple wide open layups and they made freethrows. I think they'll be in the thick of things next year if they can create the type of chemistry they had last year and stay healthy.

All-around

I saw that williams play once. He is a darned good player, how did he end up at elms?

4dagame

All-Around

"DD" Williams was at a junior college in Arizona but is from hartford,ct. I'm not sure how Coach Silva found him but I know we have two other players from Hartford. He's a great talent but was left off the 1st team all conference. I have no idea why. Coach Silva has been able to get some decent talent here somehow over the past few. I'm hoping they find a legit big man for next year.

d3bballinboston

Lasell, Mt. Ida and Lesley have all applied to the GNAC.  Only Ida and Lasell have made it to the next stage.  If those two got into tthe GNAC, the NAC would be really hurting.

All-around

I heard a rumor that the Lesley coach left after one year. Anybody know about this?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

No one cares about the NAC.

GnacAlum55

1) Agreed, no one cares about the NAC.

2) Lesley job posting:  http://lesley.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=3806&CNTRNO=1&TSTMP=1147437158558

3) No one cares about the NAC

d3bballinboston

how does mt. ida and lasell getting into the GNAC affect this league?

Ralph Turner

My first thought is that losing Mt Ida is one less football school in the NAC on its way to getting the Pool A bid for football.  That really hurts football's Pool A bid.  IMHO, the only hope for those schools to get a bid was thru Pool A.  Their independent status keeps one-half of a Pool B bid open for the ACFC types.

One needs 4 core schools and then needs 3 more affiliates playing as a conference for 2 years.  The NAC could have gotten Maine Maritime to come back from the NEFC to join Becker, Husson and Mt Ida which are independents in football but NAC members.

Then all they would have needed would have been 3 more schools to affiliate.  The NAC could have had a Pool A football bid as soon as 2008 if they had put the conference together over the winter.  (I realize that that smacks of the Thomas More-Presidents AC scenario.  Okay, 2009, if they had done it like Menlo and the NWC.)

Officially, I am waiting for the press release.  As soon as you see it, please post it.  Thanks for the update!

Do you think that it was a geography issue?  Newton MA vs Maine?

I think that the NAC needs Maine-Presque Isle to keep up the numbers.  Maybe that chased the Massachusetts teams out.

Did Lesley get asked as well?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

There's going to have to be an all-Northern NE league sooner or later.  It seems inevitable to me.

Ralph Turner

Hoops, I don't know the mission and vision issues in the northeast, but I thought that what I had seen in the NAC, with respect to its growth and development, was what that part of the country would need.

I need some help with the Mission and vision stuff in the Northeast, so bear with me.

The NESCAC is the NESCAC.

The MASCAC is the MASCAC, Massachusetts State schools.

The Little East is the Little East, other New England schools, all public.

After those 3, it seems that there should be another big private school conference.

What about travel?  How far is too far?  One hour?  Forty-five miles?  Which schools would realign by football?  Which schools see themselves as the next tier below the NESCAC?

Please help me.  All opinions appreciated.

If there were a completely clean slate, who would be invited to play where?  All coed? One geographic location?  Football?  Academics?  Private vs Public?