FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awadelewis

I'd say two weeks as Trinity gets to go Danville to play Centre after they get Berry at home.

Ralph Turner

What a gauntlet for Trinity.

HSU, Berry, Centre!

BerryViking92

Good win for Berry.  The stat of the game to me is the fact that we played FIVE qbs. WR #13 is looking really good, a very nice compliment to # 12.  Injuries remain a concern heading into a very difficult game this weekend.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 15, 2019, 10:19:35 PM

HSU, Berry, Centre!

Yup.  I know the Berry contingent isn't happy about going to SA two years in a row (nor can I blame them) but Trinity having to open the SAA schedule with the two teams at the top of the conference for the foreseeable future is tough. 

BerryCollegeFan

Quote from: Ron Boerger on September 16, 2019, 08:40:48 AM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 15, 2019, 10:19:35 PM

HSU, Berry, Centre!

Yup.  I know the Berry contingent isn't happy about going to SA two years in a row (nor can I blame them) but Trinity having to open the SAA schedule with the two teams at the top of the conference for the foreseeable future is tough.

Centre got the break in the schedule.  They get both Berry and Trinity at home this year.

BerryCollegeFan

Looks like there might be some chances of thundershowers Sat afternoon in San Antonio.

MUC57

Berry fans

Seems like a couple of years ago, I never heard of Berry College. Different now!
Had a good year last year, making the playoffs. This year, have 2 wins already and some Top 25 ranking. Good luck for the rest of the season. It's always nice seeing some "new kids on the block" getting recognition. Of course, it's also nice seeing "one of the old guys" still around (like in the case of Mount Union). Go Vikings!  8-)  ::)  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Ron Boerger

Quote from: BerryCollegeFan on September 17, 2019, 09:00:10 AM
Looks like there might be some chances of thundershowers Sat afternoon in San Antonio.

The tropical depression that was going to be the source of most of the precipitation has decided to go due north and probably flood Houston.  San Antonio probably won't see much of anything, kind of like a number of years ago when a hurricane was going to hit the coast; the SCAC-deciding game between DePauw and Trinity was called off several days early, and it was sunny and 90 at game time as the storm proceeded north and east of SA.  The western and especially W/SW sides of storms rarely result in much when a storm hits the Texas coast. 

Cedricb313

Week 3 of #SAA conference should present no surprises.

Centre by 21 over Austin, Berry by 7 over Trinity (TX), Birmingham-So by 7 over Sewanee and Millsaps by 7 over Rhodes.

Go Colonels!

umhb2001

Quote from: Cedricb313 on September 17, 2019, 07:02:43 PM
Week 3 of #SAA conference should present no surprises.

Centre by 21 over Austin, Berry by 7 over Trinity (TX), Birmingham-So by 7 over Sewanee and Millsaps by 7 over Rhodes.

Go Colonels!

I'll take your 7 but Trinity will win.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

BerryCollegeFan

The Trinity/ Berry game is going to be interesting.  Trinity definitely looks the best so far.  That Hardin-Simmons game was impressive even though it was a 2 point loss.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: BerryCollegeFan on September 18, 2019, 10:37:25 AM
The Trinity/ Berry game is going to be interesting.  Trinity definitely looks the best so far.  That Hardin-Simmons game was impressive even though it was a 2 point loss.

I think for Trinity to win they will have to do a better job establishing the run game than they have to date.  They don't need to have guys going off for 100-yard games (even tho that would be nice) - but they do need to give Messex a chance against a potent Berry rush.   

It'll be warm Saturday with temps around 90 at kickoff.   Berry folks, you'll be facing the sun until it sets unless there is some cloud cover, so bring a visor or ballcap.   Usually have a bit of the breeze in the early evening which will help some. 

BerryCollegeFan

thanks for the warning on the sun.  It will be a good game.

looking forward to the trip.

Ron Boerger

Huge upset in Sherman where Austin gets their biggest win in years, upsetting Centre 20-13 despite 198 yards on the ground from Patric Edwards.  Edwards had 201, driving the ball to the AC 1 with under a minute left, but the 'Roo defense stopped him twice for consecutive losses and a fourth down pass was incomplete.   Does that ever put today's Berry-Trinity winner in the driver's seat after week 1 of conference play.

Cedricb313

Austin 20, Centre 13. :-(
Go Colonels!