WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by Warrior Fish, December 16, 2004, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegentFan1

ROCKFORD  REGENTS   #1

regentpal

Very nice article in todays around the nation writings about Rockford. These girls have worked hard under the direction of a coach who works hard to get them ready for their games. That 70 game losing streak is long gone, and now the girls are working to have their second 20 win season. Good luck tomorrow!!!!

Warrior Fish

Well Clark, I will tell you one thing.  MBBC can shoot the lights out and does so from time to time.  I WILL, without question, vote for MBBC coach as COY.  Anyone who turns a program around like that, deserves it HANDS DOWN!

As for the Tournament tonight    

PREDICTIONS
EC over AC  (big suprise)

LC over MSOE  (a little to close for comfort for the ailing Muskies)

MBBC over WLC (even at the REX, MBBC will be lights out and there is nothing Klay can do about that)  

MC over CUW  (at least one Marian team will get a win in the post season)

Thats all for now.  I will check back after all my predictions have turned out wrong and all can view me putting my foot in my mouth one more time.  (by all i mean 2, as only 2 people actually read this board)  

Warrior Fish

NEVER DOUBT WARRRIOR_FISH!!!  CUW almost, almost upset my pics, but MC came through.  MBBC pulls off the upset with a zone defense.  Now lets just hope my predictions are correct on the men's side tomorrow.

Saturday Ladies Action

MBBC over EC in a thriller
65-63

LC over MC in another gut-check for the Muskies
72-64

pannounce

Well I think you'll be wrong on both sides there fish...EC was flat tonite, but still won by 20.  They will be on all cylinders tomorrow nite...downing my future ex wife and the rest of the Crusader crowd in a 70-61 win.  LC will down the nurses, and it will be a classic Lakeland Edgewood showdown next weekend...

stat_boy

Angie Smith gets double-double and leads 'Natha to a W, setting us up for a possible LMC title. Bond drops 24 pts, 8 3's (she's done it before) and Colleen Goff also has a double-double. 75-70
Bring on the Muskies!

Warrior Fish

statkid, better pratice typing those "y"'s and "q"'s for tonights game.  Bond will light it up and you might wear out your keyboard.  
You just might have to come to LC with your beloved team next weekend and take a stat lesson from they guys that do the job at LC.  Those guys cant be beat!

eaglepride

Go Eagles!  What a huge win for them.  It was a great effort by the girls.  Now its time for the tournament and the bid for the berth is up in the air.  I think it is pretty even from the 1-5 seeds, so anyone can win it.  The best post player in conference, Tamika Curtis, is getting hot at the right time, so watch out!  

(Message edited by eaglepride on February 19, 2005)

clarkkellogg

Did Maranatha's run continue?

Warrior Fish

Nope.  Looks like the dream year is over.  LC @ EC saturday at 7pm.

pannounce

Was pretty impressed with Maranatha's run they had in the tourney...they had Edgewood on the ropes all game.  Kittoe came to play in the second half dropping 20 including 4 threes.  Rematch of last year's tourney championship only this time its at the dome.    

My prediction...

EC 66
LC 61

PA

auballer

The real season starts tonight. Au looks to repeat last years feat.  First victim, Concordia.

JustBallin

Quality wins for all the top seeds last night, beating their opposing teams by 20 or more in first round action of the conference tournament.  Eureka now hosts Benedictine in what should be a great game, with both teams winning at home against each other, earlier in the season.  While that's happening, Aurora will have to travel to top-seeded Rockford, where Aurora hasn't shown much of a problem for Rockford, having lost to them by 15 to 20+ margins, in both meetings this season.  But, don't count them out just yet.  I was in attendance at the game last night, and those girls pretty much showed that they don't mess around when the season is on the line, and comes down to one game at a time.  I'd look for that game, to be a great one as well.  

Good luck to the remaining teams tomorrow night, and especially good luck to the Spartans.

Warrior Fish

PA,

It will be close, but not that high scoring. The Muskies need to find a way to beat the eagles, who have had their number all year.

auballer

Same scenario as last year.  AU travels to RC for the second round match up.  The Spartans are playing well and made CU look awful last night. This should be a great game, but look for AU to repeat last years performance and move to the Championship game.  These girls can play some ball when it matters.  Second victim, Rockford.