FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

Wonder if they get home-and-homes with those D2s?  I like the Titans chances of putting a few more home games on their schedule in the post-season this year, but watch out for LaCrosse. I think that'll decide the WIAC championship this year. Titan fans should be glad to have that one at home.

emma17

Interesting prediction ww.
UWL or UWO for WIAC title.
Both teams lose significant talent on offense, including the OC at UWL.
That UWO D was demolished in the second half by Mt. Is another season enough to get that group to a point they can carry the team if the O is slow to come along?

I'm not suggesting I have the answers, only questions.
I'd love to say UWW is a favorite, but there is so much to get done on that offense. I think the UWW D will at least be conference championship caliber.

WW

I don't have the answers either, but I sure enjoy sounding as if I do. UWL is better at QB than the rest of the WIAC. They got one year to get it done, IMO, then they'll fall back in line behind UWW. I also think it serves UWO to have a full N-C slate with real opponents this season to get MacCudden (presuming he doesn't greyshirt) up to speed. That kid's gonna be a difference maker.

Hope they're all enjoying """spring""" practice. Oy.

cubs

Quote from: WW on April 18, 2018, 03:44:23 PM
I also think it serves UWO to have a full N-C slate with real opponents this season to get MacCudden (presuming he doesn't greyshirt) up to speed. That kid's gonna be a difference maker.
I'm gonna guess it's Duranso's job to lose.... He was pretty highly touted coming out of Hartland Arrowhead.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

WW

Quote from: cubs on April 18, 2018, 09:35:29 PM
I also think it serves UWO to have a full N-C slate with real opponents this season to get MacCudden (presuming he doesn't greyshirt) up to speed. That kid's gonna be a difference maker.
I'm gonna guess it's Duranso's job to lose.... He was pretty highly touted coming out of Hartland Arrowhead.

I would think so too. Presuming he greyshirted, they'll get three years of him.

Veracity

I don't have the answers either, but I sure enjoy sounding as if I do. UWL is better at QB than the rest of the WIAC. They got one year to get it done, IMO, then they'll fall back in line behind UWW. I also think it serves UWO to have a full N-C slate with real opponents this season to get MacCudden (presuming he doesn't greyshirt) up to speed. That kid's gonna be a difference maker.

Is UWL's QB returning next season?  Heard he graduated and is off to law school.

WW

Quote from: Veracity on April 19, 2018, 10:56:46 AM

Is UWL's QB returning next season?  Heard he graduated and is off to law school.

Yaeggi is done. He was their starter, got hurt, and either subsequently lost the job to Drew David or never got healthy enough to reclaim it. I liked David better anyway. He's the guy they have back for another year to the best of my knowledge.

UWO Titan 78

Quote from: WW on April 19, 2018, 11:23:51 AM

Yaeggi is done. He was their starter, got hurt, and either subsequently lost the job to Drew David or never got healthy enough to reclaim it. I liked David better anyway. He's the guy they have back for another year to the best of my knowledge.

Drew David lit up my Titans. Unfortunately, that was a preview of the second half against Mount.

emma17

Quote from: UWO Titan 78 on April 19, 2018, 01:13:57 PM
Quote from: WW on April 19, 2018, 11:23:51 AM

Drew David lit up my Titans. Unfortunately, that was a preview of the second half against Mount.

That's a prime example of why so many people despise the "prevent" defense. Although I'm sure UWO wouldn't say they were in prevent, when you only rush 2 or 3- it sure looks and acts a whole lot like it.

David was a heck of a backup, but he was throwing to the Gagliardi runner up. Is UWL returning a strong receiver Corp?

WW

It's mostly unproven, Emma, based on returning producers. Don't know if they got any incoming transfers or freshmen who would provide immediate help (nobody stands out based on what I know of recruiting class or greyshirts). I hear they like their WR group, but who doesn't like what they got in April???

emma17

You're right about that. Even da Bears will tell us they like their group.

Just Bill

Breaking: https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2018/4/23/football-journell-steps-down-to-take-opportunity-in-minnesota.aspx

Journell leaves to Point to take over at Carleton. I assume there's a strong family or personal reason for the move only because there doesn't seem to be a football reason for it.

EDIT: Ah, his son plays for Carleton, so there you go.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: Just Bill on April 23, 2018, 05:28:51 PM
Breaking: https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2018/4/23/football-journell-steps-down-to-take-opportunity-in-minnesota.aspx

Journell leaves to Point to take over at Carleton. I assume there's a strong family or personal reason for the move only because there doesn't seem to be a football reason for it.

EDIT: Ah, his son plays for Carleton, so there you go.

Wow...right as Spirng practice gets underway too.

carletonknights

We on the MIAC board aren't too familiar w/Journell. What's the view of him here and in the WIAC? Also, how big of a loss is this for UW-SP? Are they in a tough spot now? Someone mentioned spring ball had just gotten underway

WW

Good guy. You'll like him a lot. Sees the big picture. Always felt he was a better fit at a smaller liberal arts U than a WIAC. Might've just got tired of chasing Oshkosh and Whitewater without denting their armor. Success at Carleton will be defined differently but easier to measure.

So yeah, it's late April, they're in a tough spot in that regard. But recruiting is done, so not bad timing, actually. My bet is that their " national search" ends in OC Vlcko getting the interim gig. He has head coaching experience.